Follow Meath Up To Carlow (Reprise)

Started by thejuice, May 28, 2012, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

We've lost Seamus Kenny for the season now.  :(

Cruciate ligament damage.

Hopefully Bray and Walsh will be back.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

This is quickly turning into an injury crisis.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

Well, if there is a silver lining with all these injuries it is that there's no option but to blood new young players.
Keoghan, Forde and Tobin have done well after being given their chance.
By his own standards Seamus wasn't having a good season.
Gutted for him though as he's been such a warrior for us.
Last year he was outstanding.
Hope he can get back from this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Yeah, Kenny was head and shoulders above everyone else last year. Burst a gut in every game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heffo

Moyles was excellent for Plunketts in the Dublin SFC a couple of weeks ago at midfield - kicked a few points too.

thejuice

Stephen Bray is back fit and hopefully will start. I imagine Farrell might keep his place and Carroll dropped although Banty might leave Cian Ward off instead.

Likely line-up:

D Gallagher

M Burke, K Reilly, S McAnarney,
D Tobin, B Menton, D Keoghan,

C Gillespie, B Meade,

A Forde, Stephen Bray, G Reilly,
Brian Farrell, Big Joe, Cian Ward,

Go home ref

This will be another handy win for Meath and they will be quietly confident waiting on winner of Kildare and Offaly in the semis

thejuice

Team named:

D Gallagher;

D Keoghan, K Reilly, B Menton;
D Tobin, S McAnarney, M Burke;

C Gillespie, B Meade;

A Forde, S Bray, G Reilly;
B Farrell, J Sheridan, C Ward.

Pretty much the team I picked.

I guess Banty switched Menton and McAnarney just to make it look like it was his idea.

Jinxy

Dunno about moving Menton from centre back.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: thejuice on May 30, 2012, 12:44:05 PM
Yeah, Kenny was head and shoulders above everyone else last year. Burst a gut in every game.

Terrible.................................. fierce nice lad, was up in the little lads school a couple of weeks ago giving them some drills, a man who would have took the game to the kildare man city types................

chin up though buckos, Oul graham may do some fisting vs kildare yet  ;)

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on June 07, 2012, 10:51:15 PM
Dunno about moving Menton from centre back.

McAnerney struggled at corner back and with King off the panel I guess Banty's hand was forced. I guess Cormac McGill hasn't returned this year either.

thejuice

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 03:28:47 PM
Moyles was excellent for Plunketts in the Dublin SFC a couple of weeks ago at midfield - kicked a few points too.

I hear Jayo is knockin' them in and over too. still i cant see either getting a call.

Shamrock Shore

Meath men

Are ye hanging around for Longford v Wexford?

heffo

Quote from: thejuice on June 08, 2012, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 03:28:47 PM

I hear Jayo is knockin' them in and over too. still i cant see either getting a call.

He was top class, scored 2-5, and still available for  - told me  he's not harbouring any hopes for a call up - gone on holiday tomorrow anyway.

Banty could do worse than patching up whatever the issue with Moyles is, quality experienced players like him don't grow on trees.