The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 24, 2018, 09:43:50 PM
3-0 goal lead after the 1st leg again it's a tie as good as over already and this Liverpool side that are full of goals are highly unlikely to do a Barcelona in the 2nd leg. I think even those Liverpool players now know this is their Champions league title to lose.

It's far from the same as a 3-0 lead if away goals count though.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on April 24, 2018, 09:46:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 24, 2018, 09:36:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 09:32:07 PM
Kilbane is on the sauce to think that isn't a handball.

Or maybe he knows the rules. If that was deliberate, teams should start blasting the ball against defenders arms when inside the box. Handy penalties

The ref gave a very similar one at the other end at the beginning of the half against Roma. Not a peep from Kilbane.

Kevin Kilbane and many others in the same role would do well to remember the job of the colour commentator isn't to cheerlead for whatever British team is playing.

Did you have a wee look at the rules there before you lifted the shovel??  ;D. Severely doubt the ref would have given it if the scoreline was a lot closer

..and yet he gave one at the other end with the score 2-0. He applied the rule exactly the same in both instances. Giving Milner a break because he was in the box would have been the cop out in this equation.

Trying to psychoanalyse a ref because he made a decision you didn't like is a less than great hobby.

Gabriel_Hurl

Good to see Rushie still scoring  ;) - off the pitch this time - with a Cork one no less

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 24, 2018, 09:46:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 24, 2018, 09:36:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 09:32:07 PM
Kilbane is on the sauce to think that isn't a handball.

Or maybe he knows the rules. If that was deliberate, teams should start blasting the ball against defenders arms when inside the box. Handy penalties

The ref gave a very similar one at the other end at the beginning of the half against Roma. Not a peep from Kilbane.

Kevin Kilbane and many others in the same role would do well to remember the job of the colour commentator isn't to cheerlead for whatever British team is playing.

Did you have a wee look at the rules there before you lifted the shovel??  ;D. Severely doubt the ref would have given it if the scoreline was a lot closer

..and yet he gave one at the other end with the score 2-0. He applied the rule exactly the same in both instances. Giving Milner a break because he was in the box would have been the cop out in this equation.

Trying to psychoanalyse a ref because he made a decision you didn't like is a less than great hobby.

I know what else isn't a great hobby ye madman!

Tony Baloney

Never understand why Klopp doesn't get fresh legs on near the end  when they are seemingly home and hosed. This crops up more often than it should.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2018, 09:48:28 PM
3-0 goal lead after the 1st leg again it's a tie as good as over already and this Liverpool side that are full of goals are highly unlikely to do a Barcelona in the 2nd leg. I think even those Liverpool players now know this is their Champions league title to lose.

Correct. City needed 4 to beat Liverpool on the night, Roma will only need 3.
Hopefully that soft penalty won't come back to haunt them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Does it matter? its a three goal lead against a side much weaker than Manchester City whom Liverpool beat home and away.

Gabriel_Hurl

Minder

I wouldnt be losing my shit just yet, would you have taken 5-2 before the game ? Of course. Roma were always going to have chances at some stage. Lovren sleeping, we have seen that movie before.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 24, 2018, 10:01:35 PM

Does it matter? its a three goal lead against a side much weaker than Manchester City whom Liverpool beat home and away.

Major, major favorites obviously and you take a 3 goal lead all day long before the game...they have to attack us leaving Salah, Mane and Firmino room at the back...but then you got to consider  Roma coming back from 4-1 down against Barca...head wrecked!!

ONeill

Great win for Arsenal women over Liverpool women tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Minder on April 24, 2018, 10:04:21 PM
I wouldnt be losing my shit just yet, would you have taken 5-2 before the game ? Of course. Roma were always going to have chances at some stage. Lovren sleeping, we have seen that movie before.

Lovren has been good of late but you always thought one of his howlers was coming
Same could be said for karius
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets