?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2009, 02:29:09 PM
Willo Flood on his way to Parkhead, from Cardiff via Dundee Utd for a cut price £60,000 ;D

Thus rumour the mongers. Excellent signing, was very impressed when I watched him play for Dundee Utd against Celtic at the start of January, when he seemed to have the measure fo Brown. Could also help the lad get into the Ireland squad as well
great little tricky winger, only problem is that I think hes a bit light.
Was loved by Manc city I think it was when he played there.
Still hes lively and a terrier, would tackle back and get stuck in.
That McCourt, McGinn and now Flood - is a tricky mazy winger this seasons transfer object of desire for Strachan
last year 1008, was the 'year of the midfielder'  ::)

will it be 2010 and 2011 before we see 'the year of the left back' and 'the year of the centre half'
::)

T Fearon

Mightn't be too long. Apparently he has asked Newcastle about their left back, a Spaniard, and Kinnear has asked him about Mc Manus? ???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2009, 03:01:04 PM
Mightn't be too long. Apparently he has asked Newcastle about their left back, a Spaniard, and Kinnear has asked him about Mc Manus? ???
hopefully its buy one , get one free and GS will throw in caldwell too (though I'd prefer to keep mcmanus)

Rav67

Flood is not what we need!  Another feckin pointless signing if he comes.  Let the lad get a game at Dundee Utd and keep them competitive.  He'd play wide which would leave himself, McGeady, Naka, Mizuno, McCourt, McGinn, Maloney who all play there and WGS even plays Hartley, Brown or Robson wide from time to time.  And still no competent senior left back- the continued failure to sign one borders on the negligent.

lfdown2

was thinkin that its all a cunning plan by strachan when watching the game at the weekend, he is buying the best 'talent' from the other spl clubs ruining their careers then selling them back maybe he's not as thick as i had thought....

Myles Na G.

Caldwell, Wilson, Brown, Hartley, McDonald, Robson... Celtic's best signings in the past few years have been the players bought from other SPL teams. Hopefully Flood'll be the same.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 26, 2009, 07:11:41 PM
Caldwell, Wilson, Brown, Hartley, McDonald, Robson... Celtic's best signings in the past few years have been the players bought from other SPL teams. Hopefully Flood'll be the same.
caldwell - def not
wilson - absolutely not
brown - starting to show his potential
mcdonald - done v well but only at spl level
Robson - same as mcdonald

youre aiming low !

Tommy Tight Lips

strachan has had limited funds to work with in comparison with oneill.yes there is no real comparison between the likes of sutton,lennon and hartson to the likes of hartley mcdonald robson or brown but then again oneill was able to spend 5 or 6 million on players.caldwell for a free transfer has been pretty good.wilson was got for next to nothing and has done okay when not injured.hartley came for more or less nothing and robson wasnt expensive and have all done a job.brown had a poor year last year but had a lot of family problems.oneill also had the "one-off" who was larsson who pulled them out of holes time and time again.the free transfers and small money signings have still scraped through to the knockout stages of CL twice

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Flood is a handy wee player who could probably do a job for Celtic. "Tricky winger" Im not sure, more of an all action midfield dynamo from his time with United anyway. Think youre maybe a bit harsh on a couple of those other SPL signings Lynchbhoy too, MacDonald has got some big European goals for Celtic and Robson has done well in CL games too. Even Caldwell, for all Ive not been a fan of the player, has actually come onto a game in the past few months.

Hope the Celtic fans wont be complaining about lack of challenge from other SPL clubs though - no wonder when you keep taking their best players :P.

reddgnhand

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 26, 2009, 03:03:41 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 26, 2009, 03:01:04 PM
hopefully its buy one , get one free and GS will throw in caldwell too (though I'd prefer to keep mcmanus)

You re joking of course.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on January 26, 2009, 10:17:39 PM
strachan has had limited funds to work with in comparison with oneill.yes there is no real comparison between the likes of sutton,lennon and hartson to the likes of hartley mcdonald robson or brown but then again oneill was able to spend 5 or 6 million on players.caldwell for a free transfer has been pretty good.wilson was got for next to nothing and has done okay when not injured.hartley came for more or less nothing and robson wasnt expensive and have all done a job.brown had a poor year last year but had a lot of family problems.oneill also had the "one-off" who was larsson who pulled them out of holes time and time again.the free transfers and small money signings have still scraped through to the knockout stages of CL twice
Exactly right. Caldwell arrived on a free, but some Hoops fans expect him to be Rio Ferdinand. Wilson has filled in consistently at left back even though he's naturally right sided. Fans' expectations of these, and other players, is unrealisticllay high. Wages at CP are on a par with the Championship. How many world class players are playing in the English leagues's 2nd tier?

lfdown2

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 26, 2009, 07:11:41 PM

you forgot about riordan and pressley,not to mention the cream of the league of ireland, perhaps if he saved a £ or 2 that he has spent on this scrap we could have replace the dozen plus of average signing with 1/2 good players to build a team round, this is a bad celtic team that has damn all to beat but are struggling to do even that, christ lads/lassies has it got that bad that we should just be happy with what we have?!?!?

illdecide

Lads whatever happened that black guy who ruptured his achilles and scored the goal for us that won us the cup "Jemba Jemba" or something like that???? where the hell has he gone, he done rightly for us in defence if i remember rightly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the colonel

John Joel Perrier Doumbe!! i think he should be back from injury soon
the difference between success and failure is energy

T Fearon

I think our club is currently well placed to win everything in Scotland this season, suffered its first european blip in years which is unlikely to be repeated,is well run financially (if only another Glasgow club could say all those things to-day), and most importantly can anticipate a golden future, when the economic downfall threatens to cripple the so called big English clubs, and level out the playing field if you'll pardon the pun.

Shelling out big money always runs the risk of wasting huge resources on another Rafael Scheidt. Sheeling out moderate funds reduces this risk.

In short we are good to-day, and can be confident about being even better tomorrow.