Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

theticklemister

first time commentating on a soccer thread here. Just sitting in house so decided to put on celtic game, the opening commentay from the studio and at the match is all about money, money, money..................ye swear celtic fc were doing the lotto FFS. Nothing about how good it would be for the club, great prestige playing in the top competition etc.

soccer is all about money money money

Orior

Sounds like good fun at that match. Can anyone make out the chants? I thought I heard

ha ha ha
hee hee hee
Rangers are
Division 3
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2012, 07:45:23 PM
first time commentating on a soccer thread here. Just sitting in house so decided to put on celtic game, the opening commentay from the studio and at the match is all about money, money, money..................ye swear celtic fc were doing the lotto FFS. Nothing about how good it would be for the club, great prestige playing in the top competition etc.

And it's taken you until now to work that out?
Careful now

rodney trotter

Great that Celtic are back in the big time. Helsinborg were a really poor team so Celtic won't have it as handy in the group stages. Don't know if any signings will be made by friday, but they be great if they got some quality in. Ki will be a big loss in the big Champions league games, top player, Wanayama is developing into a very good player, James Forrest and Tont Watt are two players with loads of potential. Celtic could make big money if they were to sell Forrest in a year, be lucky to hang onto him.

edit: Ray Houghton should have known that McGeady was older than 24 ::) he is 26 since April..

Main Street

Then McGeady must be past his prime before his prime,  according to Giles.
The quality of Ki will be missed seeing as Kayal is still not firing.

Good enough performances to qualify for the group stage, hard to argue against 4 wins out of 4 in Europe, though this game was a world away from the quality and tension against Spartak 5 years ago.
Celtic took a while to settle down without getting a grip on midfield. It took wily Samaras (from zero to hero) on the  wide left again, to be the master of calm controlled possession football.

Tony Baloney

What pot are they in for tomorrow (assume 4)?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2012, 07:45:23 PM

GAA is all about money too if you haven't noticed!

Scottish football doesn't provide a wile lot of revenue, especially since Newco are no longer with us, so that's why there's such a big song and dance about the 15m which is a huge amount for Celtic.

Any talk of signings? Heard chat about Michael Owen and I know he's got a Celtic connection (supposedly supports them) and also Del Piero, who apparently is also in talks with Sion in Switzerland and Spurs! Can't see him getting his place ahead of big Lafferty though!

under the bar

Let's not kid ourselves.  Scottish football will be in recession for years so Ki was a decent bit of business and most foreign players have one eye on the EPL when they come to Celtic.

CL group stage qualification will probably be the pinnacle of the club's ambition for years to come so nice for Lennon to achieve it early in his managerial career. Fully deserved after all he has been through when it would have been easier to walk away. 

Given Rangers demise Europe was the obvious bar he'd be rated against and he's come up trumps when most critics expected a decent UEFA cup campaign at best.  Well done NL.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: under the bar on August 30, 2012, 12:35:59 AM
Scottish football will be in recession for years so Ki was a decent bit of business and most foreign players have one eye on the EPL when they come to Celtic. 

CL group stage qualification will probably be the pinnacle of the club's ambition for years to come so nice for Lennon to achieve it early in his managerial career. Fully deserved after all he has been through when it would have been easier to walk away. 

Given Rangers demise Europe was the obvious bar he'd be rated against and he's come up trumps when most critics expected a decent UEFA cup campaign at best.  Well done NL.

No disrespect to the opposition in SPL, but Celtic may even b able to put more effort into progressing in CL and earning that extra bit of cash.

clarshack

tony watt looks to be a great prospect.

camanchero

Great result for Celtic and Neil Lennon in getting to the CL group stages and the money it pays.
Celtic will do their best, but if they can get a win at home and try and sneak a draw away - that should be the level of expectation/hope for them currently given the disparity between their ability to sign players and the other CL clubs.
The Celtic fans will just go along for the ride to the away games- I'm hoping for Barca,Real,Milan,Juve, or anywhere else that is a nice city to go and visit and hopefully I will get to another away CL game...
Not going to anywhere colder than here - eg russia !

Well done Celtic!

Forever Green

We`re apparently in pole position to sign Del Piero

:)   :)   :)   :)

deiseach

The banners making reference to where Sevco are while Celtic are gallivanting around Europe should be good for a laugh

Forever Green

CL draw coming up in a couple of hours as well. We could potentially get Barca, City and Juventes. I wouldn`t mind that tbh but to have a chance of getting 2nd or 3rd place, I would like a group of Milan, Braga and Olymiakos. Still an extremely hard group though

heganboy

Barcelona. Tough draw...
Benfica and spartak Moscow
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity