Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on February 09, 2016, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: SaffronHeart on February 09, 2016, 11:15:56 AM
Any word on the fixtures? Becoming slightly irritated at this stage

This was one of the jobs that the new administration hadnt catered for and no one wanted. Wonder is that the reason for the delay.

The dates are out there and everyone knows who is in their leagues, no? I'd say with the leagues starting earlier than normal this is possibly one of the reasons as to why it seems late... Any idea as to when they came out last year? Why people get in a tissy over this is beyond me, teams should be preparing for the league and the start dates are there... unless people are booking stag and hen weekends and they don't want to miss certain games  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

culchie11

after 2 wins out of 2, we cant have any complaints, yes you would like the football to be better but it is still winter football.

some things never change in this county, ppl complained about the fixtures last year, now this year before a ball is even kicked they are complaining again!! if u knew what all was involved in putting them together. everyone knows the start dates, which your clubs agreed.

on another note, its great to c mibags mate back involved again, obviously too much time on his hands after retiring from refereeing. no doubt he will right all the wrongs he pointed out in a local paper before his retirement. dont worry he wouldnt be one to hold a grudge so he wouldnt lol
funny how they make up positions for some ppl and saffron vision gave off about career gaa men, seems to me that there r plenty of hangers on in their camp who want to be involved but dont want to do a job. fixtures and ccc is one such example.

but sure its early days, give them a chance!

NAG1

Quote from: culchie11 on February 09, 2016, 02:27:29 PM
after 2 wins out of 2, we cant have any complaints, yes you would like the football to be better but it is still winter football.

some things never change in this county, ppl complained about the fixtures last year, now this year before a ball is even kicked they are complaining again!! if u knew what all was involved in putting them together. everyone knows the start dates, which your clubs agreed.

on another note, its great to c mibags mate back involved again, obviously too much time on his hands after retiring from refereeing. no doubt he will right all the wrongs he pointed out in a local paper before his retirement. dont worry he wouldnt be one to hold a grudge so he wouldnt lol
funny how they make up positions for some ppl and saffron vision gave off about career gaa men, seems to me that there r plenty of hangers on in their camp who want to be involved but dont want to do a job. fixtures and ccc is one such example.

but sure its early days, give them a chance!

Is this not the issue?

Not that I am overly worried, but it was one weakness to the Saffron vision move.

SaffronHeart

I see the yellowbellies manager giving out about our physicality. Slap it into them I say, being nice won't get us out of division 4. Pushovers no longer

angermanagement

What's the development going on in Woodlands?

themac_23

Quote from: angermanagement on February 09, 2016, 11:48:32 PM

New 4g pitch where Eire Og pitch was, new changing pavilion also. Looks a great job, dont know will Eire Og be using this pitch for games? Are you allowed to have a 4g pitch as your home pitch? i think Pearses and Ardoyne are using the new pitch at the cricky?

Gizzy15

Quote from: themac_23 on February 10, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

New 4g pitch where Eire Og pitch was, new changing pavilion also. Looks a great job, dont know will Eire Og be using this pitch for games? Are you allowed to have a 4g pitch as your home pitch? i think Pearses and Ardoyne are using the new pitch at the cricky?

Don't think it was ever nor will be Eire Og's pitch you will probably find that on City Council/ Antrim booking forms other clubs such as st johns or Mitchels  booked woodlands as much if not a lot more than Eire Og. should be ok for game use though as it is full size as far as I can see.

themac_23

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 10, 2016, 11:42:56 AM

Don't think it was ever nor will be Eire Og's pitch you will probably find that on City Council/ Antrim booking forms other clubs such as st johns or Mitchels  booked woodlands as much if not a lot more than Eire Og. should be ok for game use though as it is full size as far as I can see.

Was just saying it was 'their' pitch in that they use it as a home pitch, was just using their name to state which pitch it was in woodlands.

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on February 10, 2016, 12:03:41 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 10, 2016, 11:42:56 AM

Was just saying it was 'their' pitch in that they use it as a home pitch, was just using their name to state which pitch it was in woodlands.

Their neighbours jealous? Be a good job when complete.

SaffronHeart

Aggies surely have to book their pitch aswell gizzy as its council owned aswell? Strange Mitchell's Eire og and st Johns Have to book the top pitch whilst Aggies get exclusive rights to the bottom council pitch.

theskull1

Can anyone list the full sized 3G pitches available to book in and around Belfast? I hear the Valley out in Newtownabbey has one

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on February 10, 2016, 07:18:01 PM
Can anyone list the full sized 3G pitches available to book in and around Belfast? I hear the Valley out in Newtownabbey has one

St Mary's college Falls road?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronHeart

The Cat has got gizzys toungue it seems

outinfront

Took the school team to that one in the valley recently. Big pitch and surface in great condition.

Last Man