Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on April 05, 2016, 07:24:23 PM
I wonder if they have to go to London in christy ring will there be an overnight stay involved?
Maybe the expenses will be paid straight into their paddy power accounts.

That's some change of opinion in the space of a few posts  ;)

Brocky

Quote from: NAG1 on April 05, 2016, 08:06:17 PM
I wonder if they have to go to London in christy ring will there be an overnight stay involved?

Are you too dumb to realise I'm being a little sarcastic. Sorry, of course you do, that's what you deal in when you've feck all else to say.

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on April 05, 2016, 08:13:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 05, 2016, 08:06:17 PM

Are you too dumb to realise I'm being a little sarcastic. Sorry, of course you do, that's what you deal in when you've feck all else to say.

Not two pages ago you were lauding the fact that they were rightly allowed to stay in London for the game and giving off about them not getting their expenses they were entitled.

Now you are slagging them for the betting and on the wind up about the expenses.

I can see your sarcasm it's the bipolar nature of your posts that is more difficult to fathom.

Ps not that I can be bothered getting into it with you but if you read back over the last few pages you will see my opinions on the way forward but hey why let that get in the way of your selective reading.

Brocky

Bipolar now thanks for that.
I will wait to see if there's an outcry if there are any overnight stays in sambos term, as before I would but not all agree with me.
It just seems to me on this board that some things are okay for some managers and players to do but not others. But then that depends on what club you're from or in some cases what club you don't like.

Ps as for your point of view, some of it made sense and some of it was just bitterness.

NAG1

Quote from: Brocky on April 05, 2016, 09:16:38 PM
I will wait to see if there's an outcry if there are any overnight stays in sambos term, as before I would but not all agree with me.
It just seems to me on this board that some things are okay for some managers and players to do but not others. But then that depends on what club you're from or in some cases what club you don't like.

Ps as for your point of view, some of it made sense and some of it was just bitterness.

Please check why an antrim fan might have an issue with this current squad having over night stays whether it be in London or elsewhere on training weekends and then you might understand why.

No bitterness here, as an Antrim fan I would be expecting a level of conduct from any squad representing my county regardless of who is in Charge from any club.

theskull1

I think a non Cdall or LG manager would have been a better choice but hope I'm completely wrong with that concern
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: Brocky on April 05, 2016, 09:16:38 PM

Sure isn't that the beauty of the GAA!

Brocky

Quote from: theskull1 on April 05, 2016, 09:40:46 PM
I think a non Cdall or LG manager would have been a better choice but hope I'm completely wrong with that concern

That's maybe why dick o kane and woody are reported to be along with him.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Brocky on April 05, 2016, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 05, 2016, 09:40:46 PM

That's maybe why dick o kane and woody are reported to be along with him.
And Neil peden.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BrendanAntrim

I see the county board have came out fighting
[/quote]

Is there a statement somewhere from CB?

Na Glinntí Glasa

STATEMENT FROM ANTRIM COUNTY BOARD
The Antrim GAA County Board wishes to refute in the strongest possible terms the erroneous allegations about player welfare that have been made against Antrim GAA by a former county hurler.
Allegations that players were "asked to take a cut" in their mileage expenses are completely false.
Similarly, claims that the Antrim senior hurling squad have been denied adequate playing gear are without foundation.
Our players received all of the gear that they were entitled to.
Following a meeting on the 24th February 2016, involving the players, team management, and Co board officials a system of paying expenses was formulated. This was agreed by all parties.
After a difficult start to the 2016 season, and the disappointing decision of PJ O'Mullan to step down from his role as senior team manager, this is an important time for all of those with a vested interest in the development of Antrim hurling to pull together.
Antrim GAA is committed to enabling our players at every level to be the best they can be and to be competitive on the national stage.
It is regrettable that an attempt has been made to deflect from where our focus needs to be, but we are committed to working with the players to ensure Antrim hurling makes strong strides forward throughout the rest of the 2016 season.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

So we're back to the normal topic of, Loughgiel and Cushendall hatred again?? Didn't take long always something somebody to keep her lit!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Brocky

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2016, 11:22:16 PM
So we're back to the normal topic of, Loughgiel and Cushendall hatred again?? Didn't take long always something somebody to keep her lit!!

Well considering some of the main people involved in Antrim GAA'S most recent news is it any wonder.

north_antrim_hound

FFS will the press stop putting a mic in front of this clown. its not the first time hes made an idiot out of himself but enough is enough
good to see the CB respond
Hes finished at county level now anyway so this should be his dying kick on the national press stage anyway
what an embarrassment
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

culchie11

Lads don't believe everything u read in the papers or on social media!

We always need someone to blame and that usually falls at the county boards door.
I am glad they have responded to the article.
I am told the players got, as the statement from county says, what they were entitled to and rightly so.
Liam doesn't mention the numerous false claims that were made, etc, etc.
players claiming for sessions they didn't even attend, taxis, etc but sure whatever u want to believe.

Glad to hear sambo is back involved, I talked about pride and passion in the game of hurling before and u won't beat him for that!