Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OurKid

Good win for Clonoe this evening again against a poor Killyclogher side , anyone know what's going on in KC? Heard rumours T McCann has fell out with the club as they refused to put sunbeds in the club house? Doed anyone else think KC  going down isn't that unbelievable?

TyroneOnlooker

Thoughts two games in;
Div 1 - Errigal flying, Clarkes with two surprise wins and Killyclogher in turmoil.
Div 2 - Aghyaran finding it tough on their return, Clogher benefiting from the promotion bounce, Pomeroy and Galbally looking strong
Div 3 - Good start for Brackaville, Kildress getting it tight

Helpline

Killyclogher has a strong and proud tradition playing senior club football and will remain playing at the highest level for many a year to come.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Helpline on April 08, 2019, 09:02:01 AM
Killyclogher has a strong and proud tradition playing senior club football and will remain playing at the highest level for many a year to come.

I don't think anyone is expecting Killyclogher to be relegated.

Onthe40

some start for the Clarkes

is one of the sleeping giants about to awake?????

bigtogs

The Killyclogher team seen yesterday will NOT be relegated....

Eastie

Few teams could be panicking already, KC for one everyone has mentioned, Eglish 2 of the bigger teams down with a big defeat yesterday, Whats going on in carrickmore? Rebuilding or just weak? Anyone at Moy vs Island, hearing rows broke into the stands?? Clarkes with 2/2 going to Omagh and taking points, some going. Edendork wont be happy with their start too. 

Wee Roddy

Obviously I can only speak for Carrickmore but I would be disappointed not to have won that game yesterday. We led up until the 58th minute and Ardboe scored the winner in injury time. A more direct approach is being coached for the first time since Wee Barney left and I think we will be just fine. Defeats to Errigal and Ardboe isn't a crisis by any means. The club would or at least should know that the process to get back to the top table will take time. 9 lads at 21 or under participated in the senior game yesterday.

Jeremiah O

I was disappointed that Ardboe only took the lead in injury time.
Our men hit a serious amount of wides from very scoreable positions.
Great to see so many kids on the field at half time.Well done to Carmen,a great idea.
Unconquered and unconquerable

BIGONE

Quote from: Eastie on April 08, 2019, 03:26:53 PM
Few teams could be panicking already, KC for one everyone has mentioned, Eglish 2 of the bigger teams down with a big defeat yesterday, Whats going on in carrickmore? Rebuilding or just weak? Anyone at Moy vs Island, hearing rows broke into the stands?? Clarkes with 2/2 going to Omagh and taking points, some going. Edendork wont be happy with their start too.

Big Teddy get a swing at anyone?

Jim Bob

Quote from: BIGONE on April 08, 2019, 10:18:02 PM
Quote from: Eastie on April 08, 2019, 03:26:53 PM

Big Teddy get a swing at anyone?

No sign of him. Handbags really

BG_Gael

Any idea if the county board are for fixing games on Easter Sunday?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BG_Gael on April 09, 2019, 10:16:29 AM

Nothing Easter Sunday - all games for the Easter Saturday.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Jeremiah O on April 08, 2019, 07:38:09 PM
I was disappointed that Ardboe only took the lead in injury time.
Our men hit a serious amount of wides from very scoreable positions.
Great to see so many kids on the field at half time.Well done to Carmen,a great idea.

I would disagree with that.  Without sounding like Mickey Harte, quite a few where from difficult positions and the player was under pressure while kicking.  We also had a couple of goal scoring opportunities in the first half that we put over the bar instead of going for the goal.  Not saying we would have scored them but i feel we should have went for goal.  In the modern game, goal chances against the stronger teams will be of a premium and we should be attempting for a goal at least.  We improved from the errigal game i feel although we played inferior opposition.  This year has to be staying in Division 1 while breeding in a lot of youth.  To me that would be a successful year.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2019, 10:23:36 AM
Quote from: BG_Gael on April 09, 2019, 10:16:29 AM

Nothing Easter Sunday - all games for the Easter Saturday.

Are the fixtures likely to stick to that schedule that went out this year?
Its seems pretty well planned.
Is there any eventuality where they are likely to have to change them?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either