China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

A lot of laziness in cooking dinner, and the handiness of ready meals in the likes of KFC, McD's and so on.

Most shops now have food counters, i called in one day to get fuel in a garage and the food counter was serving Sunday dinners, and a big queue of people waiting for it! The one I noticed paid £9 for 2 dinners. A chicken costs £4.50 potato's £1.50 pea's and other veg but why be arsed to cook it eh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sambostar

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 15, 2020, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 15, 2020, 10:35:36 AM
And now the average deaths in the uk this past 5 years have been officially released and the deaths this past 3 weeks is actually lower than the average 5 year toll
Can anyone explain this? Probably because nobody is going out? Amazing
As Trump would say. It's time to open up

Anything I've seen says deaths 50-60k higher in UK over last number of weeks than is normal for time of year. And that was with lockdown in place.

Not sure what the above is referring to. Is it for full years? Due to mild winters and other factors there was lower death rate this winter I think. If everyone went to work and ignored this virus there's no knowing how high deaths would be.

Yes link below says 60k excess deaths

https://www.theactuary.com/2020/05/14/covid-19-results-around-60000-excess-deaths

Captain Obvious

After months of virus still no information on the amount of recoveries in the UK?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 15, 2020, 01:00:25 PM
Maroon the official ONS twitter page this morning. Deaths dropped below 5 year average. Go check it out if you don't believe me

this is the page
https://twitter.com/ONS

which tweet said  this?

If you go to the webpage it says
The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 17 April 2020 (Week 16) was 22,351; this represents an increase of 3,835 deaths registered compared with the previous week (Week 15) and 11,854 more than the five-year average; this is the highest weekly total recorded since comparable figures begin in 1993.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

quit yo jibbajabba

Ill back smurfy on this one. Yer man sikora said it and referenced the ons boyos.
Although past 6 weeks etc have been huge this weeks average is below the weekly average of the past 5yrs tho ive probably said it wrong...

Captain Obvious

Leo has finally recommended the wearing of face coverings on busy public transport and in busy enclosed areas such as shops. Out of interest how many on here have worn face coverings while in busy shops?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2020, 03:26:25 PM
A lot of laziness in cooking dinner, and the handiness of ready meals in the likes of KFC, McD's and so on.

Most shops now have food counters, i called in one day to get fuel in a garage and the food counter was serving Sunday dinners, and a big queue of people waiting for it! The one I noticed paid £9 for 2 dinners. A chicken costs £4.50 potato's £1.50 pea's and other veg but why be arsed to cook it eh?

Everyone should be aware of how many calories their supposed to eat a day and how eating a McDonalds would impact on it. Just checked a BigMac medium meal with a coke and a bbq dip would amount to 60% of my daily intake.

More needs to be done in schools on health so it becomes second nature as they get older, the same goes for money.

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 15, 2020, 05:19:57 PM
Leo has finally recommended the wearing of face coverings on busy public transport and in busy enclosed areas such as shops. Out of interest how many on here have worn face coverings while in busy shops?

I haven't and I wont be either. Expert advice up to last week said masks are not advised and now suddenly they are. It's to do with giving people a warm fuzzy sense of security. I'll be visiting shops at quiet times with no mask as that is the safest way to proceed.

Smurfy123

The number of people going to foodbanks in Britain up be 120% in 2 months
That's the start of it
What else will follow

Rossfan

I presume it only refers to England but I saw on BBC the R thingy has gone from 0.5 to 0.9.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Wore a mask in shops from Day 1, felt safer with it, plus always carried santinser in car

Rudi

Peoples immune systems will become compromised greatly by all this hand washing,  wearing of masks and social distancing in general.
Trailer makes some valid points some pages back & I did see a documentary by McWilliams on RTE. He looked at the Irish set up and essentially he inferred our best dont make it to the top. Educational system and political cronyism has stacked the odds against better people making it.
By the way a number of hospitals have stopped testing, now samples are sent to a private laboratory in the east, this is more about cronyism than peoples health. Tis all about vested interests and money in this country.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on May 15, 2020, 06:16:04 PM

I haven't and I wont be either. Expert advice up to last week said masks are not advised and now suddenly they are. It's to do with giving people a warm fuzzy sense of security. I'll be visiting shops at quiet times with no mask as that is the safest way to proceed.

The safest for whom?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

Capt Pat

Quote from: armaghniac on May 15, 2020, 08:53:08 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 15, 2020, 06:16:04 PM

The safest for whom?

I have started wearing a mask when out for a walk and will wear it to the shops tomorrow. It is all about not spreading the disease. If everone wears a mask the disease can not spread. Everyone should wear a mask especially on public transport and in shops etc. It will be one of the keys to easing the lockdown and getting back to work.