Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

I have no idea about his managerial credentials, but like others I was fearing some journey man appointment like Evens or Kearns. They have gone for someone with new fresh ideas it would seem. If Im right its the same group (Fergal Byron and a few others I believe) that were tasked with finding the new manager as put forward Sugrue for the role and he turned out to be a breath of fresh air, so well done to all involved.

I know we like to put down our own county but Laois are in Div 2 after back to back promotions and have a young enough team with some decent u-20s from last year coming through also so its not the most un attractive post in the country. If Quirke can get them going we could be in for an exciting couple of years.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I'd be content if Quirke helped us stay in Division 2 this year. Even relegation wouldn't be the end of the world though. The quality in Division 2 is a huge step up on 3.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Disappointing to see we've lost out on Kevin Smyth once again. I'd hope to see him involved in Laois GAA in some capacity in the future, but its looks more and more unlikely the higher he goes.

les Antiques

I believe he was offered a role Don but has other commitments.

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on September 18, 2019, 12:25:27 PM
I believe he was offered a role Don but has other commitments.
Aye, we've most likely missed the boat on him.

les Antiques

Looks like he's taken up the role of Strength and conditioning  coach with the  Cork Senior footballers . Best of luck to him . Pity though . Like Don said he would have been a great addition to our backroom team .

GAA-SMART

Helix.

Quote from: les Antiques on September 18, 2019, 01:47:51 PM
Looks like he's taken up the role of Strength and conditioning  coach with the  Cork Senior footballers . Best of luck to him . Pity though . Like Don said he would have been a great addition to our backroom team .

Think he's doing phd down there in CIT and prob be linked with Cian O'Neill as coach down there in college as well. He'll get decent money from Cork as well as being on pittance money doing a phd. He'll be busy. Best of luck to him!

High Fielder

That's a nice team Cork are assembling. We don't have the resources, appeal or prospects to compete with that. That sort of set up doesn't come cheap I'd imagine.

High Fielder

les Antiques

Malachy O'Rourke linked to what ?
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 18, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
Malachy O'Rourke linked, any truth in the rumours?

GAA-SMART

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 18, 2019, 04:41:31 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on September 18, 2019, 04:18:11 PM
Malachy O'Rourke linked to what ?
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 18, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
Malachy O'Rourke linked, any truth in the rumours?

U20 Management job? thought this was public knowledge

::) ::)

It was tough enough getting a senior manager now Malachy O Rourke is taking the 20s.. Jim Gavin taking the Minors

GAA-SMART

Any word on the two outstanding positions ?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 27, 2019, 04:01:13 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on September 26, 2019, 06:29:40 PM
Any word on the two outstanding positions ?

Stephen O'Neill linked now i hear, O'Rourke still in pole position but
You've already ruined the Tyrone discussion board sir, don't ruin the Laois one too