Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: dferg on September 29, 2015, 06:02:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2015, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 13, 2015, 10:53:02 PM
Any chance England won't get outta the group?

Depends on Wales vs Fiji and bonus points I think.
Wales are walking wounded.
England vs Oz should be a cracker.

If England don't win against Oz they are fooked.  Wales should scrape past Fiji then bonus points won't matter.

But what if Oz beats Wales, Eng beat Oz they will all be on the same points so bonus points will matter

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on September 29, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 28, 2015, 11:52:57 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2015, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2015, 10:22:14 PM
I thought at the time fair fcuks for going for it... They were winning the line outs handy and probably thought they'd at the very least force another penalty closer in... Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Me too, plus it was hardly a give me kick either (I watching on a stream with 3 kids round me feet so am open to correction here).

How are you watching it gawa?

Watched that game on firstrowsports but it was awful. Since I have been told to download hola on chrome, then set my location to UK and watch it on ITV player. Seen the Ireland game like this and worked a treat apart from just a few occasions where it froze.

What about you?

Been restricted to highlights so far. >:( Which isnt that bigo deal as yet as I have been very busy but wud like to have seen Eng v Wal

Thanks for the tip tho will get on it now Irelands bigger matches are comin up

gawa316

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 29, 2015, 06:46:58 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 29, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 28, 2015, 11:52:57 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2015, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2015, 10:22:14 PM
I thought at the time fair fcuks for going for it... They were winning the line outs handy and probably thought they'd at the very least force another penalty closer in... Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Me too, plus it was hardly a give me kick either (I watching on a stream with 3 kids round me feet so am open to correction here).

How are you watching it gawa?

Watched that game on firstrowsports but it was awful. Since I have been told to download hola on chrome, then set my location to UK and watch it on ITV player. Seen the Ireland game like this and worked a treat apart from just a few occasions where it froze.

What about you?

Been restricted to highlights so far. >:( Which isnt that bigo deal as yet as I have been very busy but wud like to have seen Eng v Wal

Thanks for the tip tho will get on it now Irelands bigger matches are comin up

Semi and Final is on NBC sports so at least you'll see Ireland on the tele for those games ;)

beer baron

Fiji are available at 6/1 against the Welsh,i think that's cracking value. In theory that's a 14-15% chance. I'd be giving them a bigger shout than that,the Welsh were ordinary for most of the game the other night and as well as the boys missing there's bound to be a few knocks amongst the starters on Thursday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: beer baron on September 29, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Fiji are available at 6/1 against the Welsh,i think that's cracking value. In theory that's a 14-15% chance. I'd be giving them a bigger shout than that,the Welsh were ordinary for most of the game the other night and as well as the boys missing there's bound to be a few knocks amongst the starters on Thursday.

The best would be to taken them with the plus handicap... Wales still better than Fiji and with more to play for than Fiji
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2015, 07:20:22 PM
Quote from: beer baron on September 29, 2015, 07:08:55 PM

The best would be to taken them with the plus handicap... Wales still better than Fiji and with more to play for than Fiji

Yeah in truth that's probably what will be my main bet with a little nibble on the win.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on September 29, 2015, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2015, 04:38:54 PM
I dunno. NZ might be playing France in the qf and who wants to see another southern hemisphere RWC win? the tans are the only team from the north to win the shagging thing.

so the more NH teams in the last 4 the better.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. I rooted for England against Australia in 2003. But the rolling bandwagon of English self-congratulation as they rumble through the tournament on their own turf will become too much, guaranteed. Best to stop it before it starts. Sick bags at the ready: "Swing low..."
TF1 the French equivalent of RTE1 is as bad for jingoism as the worst Charioting.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tyroneboi

That is very good from D'Arcy. I see the media are running with the Sam Burgess comments even though they are constructive and well articulated by D'Arcy.

O'Gara wrote a good column in the examiner about the England penalty at the end saying that while it looked like he had the bottle to take pressure kicks more often than not it was O'Connell telling him he had no choice but to take them.

Canalman

Quote from: deiseach on September 29, 2015, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2015, 04:38:54 PM
I dunno. NZ might be playing France in the qf and who wants to see another southern hemisphere RWC win? the tans are the only team from the north to win the shagging thing.

so the more NH teams in the last 4 the better.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. I rooted for England against Australia in 2003. But the rolling bandwagon of English self-congratulation as they rumble through the tournament on their own turf will become too much, guaranteed. Best to stop it before it starts. Sick bags at the ready: "Swing low..."

In fairness, the Irish media are giving their counterparts in England a good run for their money in this regard.

Honestly think the French have Ireland firmly in the crosshairs and have possibly ropeadoped us.

GaillimhIarthair

Walter Cronc

Estimator

England: Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Brad Barritt, Jonny May; Owen Farrell, Ben Youngs; Joe Marler, Tom Youngs, Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, Geoff Parling, Tom Wood, Chris Robshaw, Ben Morgan.
Replacements: Rob Webber, Mako Vunipola, Kieran Brookes, George Kruis, Nick Easter, Richard Wigglesworth, George Ford, Sam Burgess.

No real surprises in the English team either. Burgess back on the bench again.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Wales looked good in the first half, but Fiji haven't read the script here and are right back in the game.
Ulster League Champions 2009

JPGJOHNNYG

Between the outhalf bottling simple kicks and genrerally being sh1te and Fiji butchering chance after chance in the 22 Wales are going to scrape through this.