Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: parttimeexile on October 19, 2015, 09:35:42 AM
The whole thing is a mess. Gortin are at a disadvantage because the Rock did not field, that has to be wrong. If gortin had played the rock and had managed to beat them they would now be safe. As it stands some of these teams could end up playing 4 games to determine if they are to stay in Division 2. They are making the rules up as they go along!
Who is they?
Are you referring to the fixtures committee who are going by the bye-laws they published at the start of the year?

clarshack

The whole thing is a mess. Gortin are at a disadvantage because the Rock did not field, that has to be wrong. If gortin had played the rock and had managed to beat them they would now be safe. As it stands some of these teams could end up playing 4 games to determine if they are to stay in Division 2. They are making the rules up as they go along!

loughmacrory are also at a disadvantage here.

if gortin had beaten rock on the pitch yesterday then the playoff game would have been urney v rock

the ccc have went by the rules 100% here but the rule has been unkind to both loughmacrory and gortin. this is why there should be a sanction for clubs who don't field whether it is a massive fine or deducted points for the following season.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on October 19, 2015, 11:19:38 AM
Who is they?
Are you referring to the fixtures committee who are going by the bye-laws they published at the start of the year?

Yeah. I am not great fan of the CCCetc but they are kind of stuck here. They applied national rules for this at the start of the year but they don't cover this eventuality. Rock failing to show has caused this headache. If Gortin had of won 0-1 to 0-0 it would've been sorted.

Gortin, and to a lesser degree Loughmacrory on the harsh end of this and have every right to be peeved.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

parttimeexile

OK then my mistake, they are not making up the rules just applying the ones that do not make sense. i.e, a team being being at a disadvantage due to another team not fielding!

tyroneboi

Quote from: parttimeexile on October 19, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
OK then my mistake, they are not making up the rules just applying the ones that do not make sense. i.e, a team being being at a disadvantage due to another team not fielding!

In my opinion the rules do make sense. You can't go to scoring difference if one of the teams has effectively played a game less. The CCCC could do nothing about it. The fault lies in the fact that a £100 fine is not a big enough deterrent for not fielding. A 2 point deduction in the following season would suffice (a 2 point deduction for Rock in the current season would have had no bearing on their league position so they wouldn't have been bothered).

The Trap

Rock just did what every other club does.......looked after themselves! The game was of no importance to them.........Edendork played a reserve team against Urney because they have an Ulster club game coming up and couldn't win the league, Galbally agreed a point each with Eskra because they had the league wrapped up, Kildress let Loughmacrory win as they were already assured a home game in play offs.......

parttimeexile

But that is my point, the team that was willing to field does not have the chance to increase their scoring difference so is therefore at a disadvantage. Another team not fielding should not have a negative impact on the team that is willing to field. If these rules apply then that is what happens. To be fair to kildress they did not let lough win, lough had more to play for and more hunger and so won the game.

laceer

How do the teams approach these games with predetermined results?
Do the management tell them to go easy before the match? What if someone says f**k it, and plays away like hell?
It must be odd going out to play a match and trying to lose - think I'd rather sit in the house.

50fiftyball

Hearing Galbally v Eskra was a bit of a farce towards the end!

As far as I'm aware Kildress apparently weren't out to give the Lough anything!

TF15

I hate the throwing of points. It's a pathetic practice. If you need to do it to stay up you should t be in that division. If I was a player asked to do that I wouldn't turn up.

leenie

Rumour has it that the greencastle / donaghmore game was farcical too.. And made very obvious, which played a factor in moy going atomically down .. I'd like to see the Clarkes beat donaghmore in playoffs
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Norf Tyrone

Can't understand this practice either. If I was a player out training since January and asked to turn up in October and deliberately lose/ draw I'd question what was the point, and how valued I was as a player.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Soup an Samajiz

It's costin some man a fortune to keep a team in div1 every year just to be the whipping boys year in year out.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

WT4E

Quote from: leenie on October 19, 2015, 01:06:48 PM
Rumour has it that the greencastle / donaghmore game was farcical too.. And made very obvious, which played a factor in moy going atomically down .. I'd like to see the Clarkes beat donaghmore in playoffs

I think the majority would like to see Donaghmore finally go down considering how "good" they have been in previous seasons of accumulating points at the end of the year!

W.A.G. Lover

I cant fathom how Loughmacrory, and particularly Gortin are been punished for the Rock's actions. I am hearing last night that the reason Rock didnt field was because they had a stag. Last game before a playoff and lads decide to go off on a drinking weekend - some commitment. Moy also had a stag and they were able to field a team v Augher. Rock need punished for this. Did Glen Maghera not do something similar in Derry this year v Ballinderry. They were punished with 3 point deduction and 1 point next year to memory. Dont know if the deductions stuck wtih Glen, but if i had my way they certainly would. Dirty action on 2 clubs affected. If Gortin do end up playing in a playoff game, it will be a tasty affair!!