Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 05, 2015, 09:07:41 AM
Surprised by Brackaville's ecstatic celebrations, thought it would have been slightly more muted, is it really that much of an accomplishment to yoyo up and down every other year? a few steady years in Div 2 would warrant greater respect.

Urney's gamble coming back to bite them now, goin to be a long slog to keep at it for the playoffs to come around. Would have been fairly happy to have see them win but as far as next year's Div1 status I'd feel that both Edendork and the team's vying for automatic promotion thru the league are better equipped to deal with the step up.

I know it really was disgraceful stuff from Brackaville celebrating a championship victory! Any decency at all they would have collected their trophy and headed off down the road in shame. What's it to you what way they celebrate??

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 05, 2015, 09:20:58 AM
Surprised by Brackaville's ecstatic celebrations, thought it would have been slightly more muted, is it really that much of an accomplishment to yoyo up and down every other year? a few steady years in Div 2 would warrant greater respect.

Urney's gamble coming back to bite them now, goin to be a long slog to keep at it for the playoffs to come around. Would have been fairly happy to have see them win but as far as next year's Div1 status I'd feel that both Edendork and the team's vying for automatic promotion thru the league are better equipped to deal with the step up.

I know it really was disgraceful stuff from Brackaville celebrating a championship victory! Any decency at all they would have collected their trophy and headed off down the road in shame. What's it to you what way they celebrate??

Ach here, don't exaggerate, am sayin they've that cup paraded and walkd up and down thru Coalisland every other year now. Away and drink an celebrate but am only sayin it must be losing its edge for them by now. My point is similarly to Cookstown winning the All Ireland Intermediate twice in 3years, great to do it yes but should they have been there in at all. A greater accomplishment would be to stay up for a sustained period rather than revelling in being a big fish in a small pond
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

The Trap

A lot of (if not most) clubs struggle after being promoted and a lot of clubs (if not most) blossom after being relegated. There are lots of reasons for this and I don't think it will change much in years to come. It seems especially prevalent in Junior with Brackaville, Derrytresk, Rock, Loughmacrory and Killeeshil all bouncing straight back up in recent seasons and then finding the going tough(Hill going well this year). Two clubs went from Junior to Senior, Greencastle and Dungannon and they have to be admired for that. One club that went the other way Clann na nGael seem to be finding it a real struggle at the moment.

winghalfback

spoken like a real hill man. fair play to the roes not many gave them a chance this year and many were saying in the last few weeks aghaloo would be too strong. if ye win a championship ye celebrate it isnt that what ye set out to achieve at the start of the year?

Tyrone Gaa

The relegation battle in Division 1 looks very interesting.  Dungannon picked up a nice win vs Eglish that could prove enough.  Moy now face Augher with both teams needing points to avoid the automatic drop with Donaghmore playing Greencastle.

I expect Donaghmore to win.  I don't know what mentality Clonoe are going into the Dungannon with, are they chasing a top 4 position?  Moy v Augher (coin toss)
Living the dream!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 05, 2015, 12:30:05 PM
The relegation battle in Division 1 looks very interesting.  Dungannon picked up a nice win vs Eglish that could prove enough.  Moy now face Augher with both teams needing points to avoid the automatic drop with Donaghmore playing Greencastle.

I expect Donaghmore to win.  I don't know what mentality Clonoe are going into the Dungannon with, are they chasing a top 4 position?  Moy v Augher (coin toss)

With clonoe sitting second i assume they will take a rattle at the league and with this in mind they will need a point at the least, then again them players could have decided to call a halt to the year regroup for next year and keep dungannon safe by granting them points. ye never know

Archie Mitchell

What way does relegation work? Is it bottom straight down, 14th v 15th play off to see who goes down, then the winner of this play off plays off against play off winner from Division 2?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: redzone on October 04, 2015, 07:13:36 PM
Somebody told me today that Adrian kilpatricks son was playing for Edendork in the intermediate final.surprised he didn't play for dumgannon. He's a good player.

Some player to. Seen him in the under 21 final against Greencastle and he was outstanding, great pair of hands must have caught 15 clean kick outs that day. Was very good in the replay against cookstown to.
Then again he only featured for 5 minutes for Tyrone minors, Mickey Donnelly must have found some problem with him.....

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 05, 2015, 12:38:31 PM
What way does relegation work? Is it bottom straight down, 14th v 15th play off to see who goes down, then the winner of this play off plays off against play off winner from Division 2?

That's it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 05, 2015, 12:42:16 PM

That's it.

If 2 clubs have the same number of points, does it go to head to head or will it have to be another play off?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 05, 2015, 12:51:17 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 05, 2015, 12:42:16 PM

That's it.

If 2 clubs have the same number of points, does it go to head to head or will it have to be another play off?

Head to head I think
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

MCO

Hard to beat prediction time for last day of season, Augher to beat Moy who have a squad away to Ryan Mellon's stag that day,  :-\
Dungannon to be beat by Clonoe and as a result should play Donaghmore in playoff following their 2 points being granted by Greencastle. Moy straight down, followed by Donaghmore, Dungannon to playoff with Div 2 opponent, Augher survive.

Top end - momentum appears to be with the Carmen

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: MCO on October 05, 2015, 04:38:32 PM

Hard to beat prediction time for last day of season, Augher to beat Moy who have a squad away to Ryan Mellon's stag that day,  :-\
Dungannon to be beat by Clonoe and as a result should play Donaghmore in playoff following their 2 points being granted by Greencastle. Moy straight down, followed by Donaghmore, Dungannon to playoff with Div 2 opponent, Augher survive.

Top end - momentum appears to be with the Carmen

Is Ryan Mellon not married with children??
Living the dream!!!

smort

Pretty sure ryan mellon is married. Can see Moy pulling out all the stops to beat Augher, Clonoe to beat Dungannon and Donaghmore to beat Greencastle.

Dromore deserve to win the league.

bigfrank

It's colm cavanaghs stag and it's in viva Las Vegas!