Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 08, 2015, 10:59:56 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on September 07, 2015, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 07, 2015, 01:47:50 PM
Quote from: The Trap on September 07, 2015, 11:12:55 AM
What's the predictions for promotion/relegation this year? See Glenelly blew a big opportunity at the weekend, as did the Clarkes and Moy...........Aghyaran making a late push..........all to play for with 3 games to go........

Aghaloo will win Div 3, and I think Brackaville will win the C'ship. That leaves Glenelly, Cderg, Owen Roes and probably Tattyreagh in the play offs.

If Brockagh have definitely pulled the pin for the year then the league is over, would leave them uncatchable barring they ship a heavy defeat to Killyman and Castlederg run up big scores in their remaining games.

I think Aghaloo will win the Championship as well, which will leave the second placed team going up automatically and then 4 to play off. It could come down to the last day to see who finishes second which keeps it boiling nicely. Owen Roes should finish second although its maybe better to have points on the board rather than games in hand.

I don't think scoring difference or head to head counts when it comes to a league decider, a relegation place or indeed to decide if two teams are level for a last play off spot. It'll be a play off.

Actually. This could be interesting. What I say above, I am almost sure was the rule a few years back, but I've just checked, and there may be an error here.
Rule 22 of the CCC for 2015 states "In the event of teams finishing level on points Rule 6.20 (5) (c) of T. O. 2014 will apply."

So I check the official guide http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/official_guides/2015%20Official%20Guide%20-%20Part%201.pdf and there is no rule 6.20 (5) (C) as far as my uneducated eye sees.

Based on that there's no provision for a tie.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Stall the Bailer

This is rule 6.20

Except where provided for otherwise in County
Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation, when
Teams finish with equal points for Qualification
for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion
or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the
following means and in the order specified
:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the
outcome of the meeting of the two Teams
in the previous game in the Competition;
(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total
Scores Against from total Scores For);
(iii) Highest Total Score For;
(iv) A Play-Off.
Exceptions to (c):
(1) In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above,
CHAMPIONSHIPS
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS
Chapter 6 GA
MES &
COMPETITIONS
if the accumulated scores of a team, so
involved, are affected by a disqualification,
loss of game on a proven objection,
retirement or walk over, the tie shall be
decided by a Play-Off.
(2) Regulations (i), (ii) and (iii) shall not
apply to under 16 or younger age grade
competitions.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on September 08, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
This is rule 6.20

Except where provided for otherwise in County
following means and in the order specified
:
(iv) A Play-Off.
Exceptions to (c):
CHAMPIONSHIPS
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS
Chapter 6 GA
MES &
COMPETITIONS
decided by a Play-Off.
competitions.

Yeah but that's not Rule 6.20 (5) (c) that's Rule 6.20 (4) (c). What's meant and what it says is two different things.

Stall the Bailer

Ignore my previous post as that is 2015 guide (norf your link is for 2015), and not being used.

The 2014 guide is as follows http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Official%20Guide%202014%20Part%20I(1).pdf

(5) If a Championship is partly organised on a League
basis, the following Regulations shall apply:
(a) League results shall be credited as follows: 2
points for a win, and one for a draw.
(b) If a Team is Disqualified or Retires during the
course of the League Stage, its played Games
shall stand and its unplayed Games shall be
awarded to the Opposing Teams.
(c) Except where provided for otherwise in County
following means and in the order specified:
(iv) A Play-Off.
Exceptions to (c):
decided by a Play-Off.
competitions.

Tommo2

Il Bomber Destro

Hard to see Dromore winning without McNabb.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on September 04, 2015, 12:55:08 PM
Whats the story with young sludden, heard he got the road from dromore? Be a big loss for them for championship

::)

Quote from: longballin on September 08, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
Ronan McNabb out  :-\

Don't think anybody will turn up at this game as Dromore won't be able to field a team by the time we get to Sunday evening. Are they scared of Omagh by peddling this crap?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on September 08, 2015, 11:42:25 AM
Ignore my previous post as that is 2015 guide (norf your link is for 2015), and not being used.

Well spotted. I just assumed it would refer to current year.

It used be the case though did it not that if two teams were level for promotion or relegation or a title that they played off no matter? Was that changed?

oakleafgael

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 08, 2015, 12:02:18 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on September 04, 2015, 12:55:08 PM
Whats the story with young sludden, heard he got the road from dromore? Be a big loss for them for championship

Quote from: longballin on September 08, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
Ronan McNabb out  :-\

Don't think anybody will turn up at this game as Dromore won't be able to field a team by the time we get to Sunday evening. Are they scared of Omagh by peddling this crap?

McNabb dislocated his kneecap last week so its hardly anyone peddling crap.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Just after reading that in Gaelic life, sorry to hear that news, wish him a speedy recovery. One of best county players the year. Omagh big favourites now, to win championships and big games you need you best players fit and playing well, simple as.

Welly Man

Mcnabb and sludden will both make an appearance id be fairly certain of that. Dont think a dislocated kneecap is season ending is it? And sludden will come crawlin back with his tail between his legs. Few mind games at work here methinks. Dromore would be strong favourites? Wont be one for the neutral or the faint hearted...

ose 14

dont know how omagh would be big favs on the back of mcnabb out. tyrone form means nothing in club championship. mcnabb was excellent for tyrone running forwards he was pretty poor defensively all season when put on the back foot. but that wasnt his fault when you play the negative 14 men behind crap that tyrone played this year, all you have to be able to do is run and usually backwards. the art of defending individually is lost. mcnabb last year was very quiet he marked mcanulla and if my memory serves me right he was asleep for the goal and if the omagh mans handling had of been better omagh could have had another 3 goals. mcnabb might be a bigger loss to omagh. im sure the loss of joe another man flogged on the county treadmill will offset mcnabbs apparent absence. sludden will hardly be back either especially on a sunday. im sure ricey and mccullagh will more than compensate and after winning the reserve championship dromore must be awash with quality replacements. dromore by 6 as omagh have lost the hunger.

jb81

Killyclogher to surprise a few in the championship this year!!
You heard it here first!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on September 09, 2015, 07:27:02 AM
dont know how omagh would be big favs on the back of mcnabb out. tyrone form means nothing in club championship. mcnabb was excellent for tyrone running forwards he was pretty poor defensively all season when put on the back foot. but that wasnt his fault when you play the negative 14 men behind crap that tyrone played this year, all you have to be able to do is run and usually backwards. the art of defending individually is lost. mcnabb last year was very quiet he marked mcanulla and if my memory serves me right he was asleep for the goal and if the omagh mans handling had of been better omagh could have had another 3 goals. mcnabb might be a bigger loss to omagh. im sure the loss of joe another man flogged on the county treadmill will offset mcnabbs apparent absence. sludden will hardly be back either especially on a sunday. im sure ricey and mccullagh will more than compensate and after winning the reserve championship dromore must be awash with quality replacements. dromore by 6 as omagh have lost the hunger.

Don't agree with that at all, he had a few lapses of discipline in the Kerry game but McNabb has been superb defensively this season for the county and is even more important for Dromore. Huge loss for them.

Mikhailov

Quote from: jb81 on September 09, 2015, 10:54:31 AM
Killyclogher to surprise a few in the championship this year!!
You heard it here first!!

Wouldn't be a surprise if they win it - how could it be...

they are current ACL Div. 1 holders, in top 4 again, have 3 current Tyrone players and a few recent retired players, beat EC in 1st round.

How would it be a shock if they won - I would say they would be disappointed if they don't win it.