NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Derry have played their best football against the breeze from the games I've seen. If anything we seem to be poor with it!

Blowitupref

Mayo team to play Tyrone tomorrow.

Rob Hennelly (Raheny)
Jack Coyne (Ballyhaunis)
Rory Brickenden (Westport)
Sam Callinan (Ballina Stephenites);
Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar),
Stephen Coen(Hollymount/Carramore),
Enda Hession (Garrymore)
Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber),
Jack Carney (Kilmeena)
Diarmuid Duffy (Ballinrobe)
Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina);
Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
Tommy Conroy (The Neale)
Ryan O'Donoghue (Belmullet).

Four changes from the team that started against Kerry. Rob Hennelly, Stephen Coen, Enda Hession and Diarmuid Duffy come in. Out go Colm Reape, David McBrien, Eoghan McLaughlin and Bob Tuohy.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Manning18

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2024, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on February 23, 2024, 01:50:58 PMYep, I don't mean it'll suit either team, ive seen Galway fail to get to grips with a wind countless times. I just mean it puts a randomness factor into the game which could help the underdog.

If this was played on a dry calm day id see Derry winning by 6-10 points. That's the reality of where the two teams are at at this stage of the year and injury situations

The forecast is for a NW wind, rather than one coming off the sea and showers

Right cranky chippy system coming down from the north west alright. Caution advised

Aaron Boone

A hard watch so far in Healy Park. Lots of handpassing waiting for the opening.

clarshack

Joke of a decision to give the penalty.

An Watcher

Tyrone have to work hard for a free here

Blowitupref

Another poor call by Cawley the ref. Black yes but it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Mayo 1-4 to 0-3 ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 24, 2024, 05:43:47 PMAnother poor call by Cawley the ref. Black yes but it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Mayo 1-4 to 0-3 ahead.

There were defenders back covering. Should have been a free in.

bennydorano

First time I've seen that rule enacted I think. Fair play to him, big call & fair enough imo.

bennydorano

Quote from: clarshack on February 24, 2024, 05:45:17 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 24, 2024, 05:43:47 PMAnother poor call by Cawley the ref. Black yes but it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Mayo 1-4 to 0-3 ahead.

So what, it's not soccer

An Watcher

Blowitupref

Quote from: bennydorano on February 24, 2024, 05:46:37 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 24, 2024, 05:45:17 PM

So what, it's not soccer

GAA Rule states a clear goal scoring opportunity has to be denied to give a penalty.

full moon

Poor refereeing so far, mostly against Tyrone. It's a contact sport supposedly!

full moon

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 24, 2024, 05:38:37 PMA hard watch so far in Healy Park. Lots of handpassing waiting for the opening.
Agree but contact needs to be allowed by refs too. But yes negative play by both sides with handpasing and possession, low scoring most from frees.

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on February 24, 2024, 05:45:58 PMFirst time I've seen that rule enacted I think. Fair play to him, big call & fair enough imo.

Wasn't there one last year in a Cork game?