The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Refrained from commenting on this until now. Hopefully the vile trolls will crawl back into the hole they came from. Cheap cheap cheap shots.

It was a questionable decision in the first place indeed. However it did not impact on any other business who applied for the scheme. The scheme is not capped or limited. Agree the right decision has been made, but there was a gross overreaction to the whole episode which has what has lead to the Uturn ultimately.

Unless it was to the detriment of anyone else, my mind would not be changed.

Fair play for having the balls to change your mind.

F you to the people incessant on running our club down.

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 06, 2020, 06:48:09 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2020, 06:39:39 PM
What's trailer and manfromdelmonte going to be outraged about now??? ;D
this isn't something for liverpool fans to crow about ffs, it's an embarrassing climbdown by the club. It's a welcome and correct move but let's be real they only done it because they were shamed into it.
By the way someone should check on John Barnes who spent all day trying to justify the clubs decision to furlough staff, which showed how out of touch he was.

What about the ex-players and fan organizations who raised a stink about it and forced the club into the climb-down?

At least they're willing to back down when they're called out on an obviously poor decision, just like they did with the ticket prices a few years back.

Any word from Daniel Levy and Mike Ashley yet?

GiveItToTheShooters

Fair play to the club, right decision in the end. The morals of the club are more important.

Boycey

Welcome to our world lads ... Everything is fair game but you get used to it after a while.

Anyway it's a backhanded compliment..

manfromdelmonte

It was a stupid, stupid decision in the first place
Especially to save 1.5million over 3 months, after the club has spent 20million on agents fees in the last few years

If Everton did the same I'd be the first to call them out about it.
The two clubs are run a lot differently

laoislad

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 06, 2020, 07:04:20 PM
Fair play to the club, right decision in the end. The morals of the club are more important.
Great to see they actually listen to the fans.
Mistake made, fans express anger, mistake rectified.
Can't ask for anymore than that apart from hopefully lessons are learned from this.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

shooters you have done as big an about turn as the club ;D

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2020, 07:27:53 PM
You're mistaken there Boycey. I said the club had every right to make use of the furlough scheme like any other organisation, no matter how big or small, more so to spite the tories than anything else. I didn't say it was the right thing to do however, that's the difference.

Boycey

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 06, 2020, 07:32:39 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2020, 07:27:53 PM
You're mistaken there Boycey. I said the club had every right to make use of the furlough scheme like any other organisation, no matter how big or small, more so to spite the tories than anything else. I didn't say it was the right thing to do however, that's the difference.

Comical Ali  :)

Milltown Row2

Great u turn.

Liverpool don't make that much profit, regardless of the owners billions he'd have been advised by other people to avail of the scheme, if this thing runs longer that 6 months it will close some clubs. You can only dip into your reserves so much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

For me, the club is forever tarnished. But I'm glad they performed this u-turn.

J70

Quote from: trailer on April 06, 2020, 08:43:22 PM

Oh well.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: trailer on April 06, 2020, 08:43:22 PM

They'll be devastated.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Liverpool, a great bunch of lads.