Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

I have been reading some of the posts on another board about the incident in the Keady/Mullabawn game. Something has got to give. The main talking points in games at the minute are non-football related and it is blackening the name of football in our county. I know it is a hard thing to police for the county board and the culprits more often than not get away with it because a league games there is only the referee there to report back and he doesn't have eyes on the back of his head.

No club is totally blameless and the only way that this can stop is if clubs name the offender themselves. I know this is highly unlikely but that's all right until one of their own players gets hurt. Anyone else here have any ideas about what they think should be done?

IVEDECIDED

Clubs wont name players if they can get away with it. Sure if that was the case your secretary would be sick to death writing: It was J.P DONNELLY....

ogshead

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 02, 2011, 11:37:14 PM
Clubs wont name players if they can get away with it. Sure if that was the case your secretary would be sick to death writing: It was J.P DONNELLY....

I didn't want this to start into sniping... there is enough of it on the other board. I did state as well that no club is blameless and I also asked for people's opinions on it. It would be good to see what ideas to see what people have!!

Sandy Hill

In situations like this the County Board should make the club concerned name the player; failure to do so - tossed out of thr League or forfeit a significant number of points.
"Stercus accidit"

AFS

Quote from: Sandy Hill on June 03, 2011, 04:36:27 PM
In situations like this the County Board should make the club concerned name the player; failure to do so - tossed out of thr League or forfeit a significant number of points.

Doubt identifying the culprit is the main issue in these cases. I'd say getting an accurate, unbiased account of what happened is a bigger problem. Even if the culprit comes forward himself, there's nothing to stop him making up a load of bollix to mitigate his actions - 'he was slapping the head off me first, blah blah, blah'.

winsamsoon

It's a difficult situation because if a club were to name the culprit then it may have severe implications for the club ie major fallouts , in house fighting and members leaving the club. I'm not up to speed with the details of the incident but I know n e one can make a mistake. However this thing needs stamped out of our game. Having witnessed lads getting sent off and suspended over the years for little or nothing it angers me when lads can do this and get away with it. Constant offenders should be completely banned from the game as they are clearly thugs and have no place. On the issue what was the outcome concerning the culloville/ maghreb incident last year?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

JUst retired

The incident you refer to in C/ville v Maghery game was dealt with by the CCC with a suspension as per rule. No arguments suspension accepted by all. Outcome satisfactory to all concerned. 8)

torres

crossmaglen bt granemore by 1 pt . felt we deserved a draw out of this encounter but we still put in a great performance v the all conquering cross .

pearseog

pearse og beat carrickcruppen with scoreline of 1-12 to 0-8

winsamsoon

Maghery beat clans by 7 I think stinking match with 4 sent off 2 for both teams. Never seen the ref before but he wasn't on this planet and actually made the game scrappy with the stop start crap
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 05, 2011, 05:31:18 PM
Maghery beat clans by 7 I think stinking match with 4 sent off 2 for both teams. Never seen the ref before but he wasn't on this planet and actually made the game scrappy with the stop start crap
I heard the ref was our old favourite Mr Beds, just think of what u have been missing in the old mid-board under age games. He was like the old school master to the u10 s up to b players. NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Onion Bag

Anyone got up to date league tables for all divisions?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thewanderer

big lower division derby match tonight in armagh. some bragging rights in joes next weekend depending on the result. ;)