Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 08:23:57 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 18, 2018, 06:13:21 PM
Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2018, 09:20:06 AM
"Stabilty". "The right option".

The only reason he's there is to get in high profile players via his relationship with Raiola so that United can make more money on merchandise and sponsorship. It's all revenue driven. The Glazers couldn't give a fcuk if United never won the league or CL.......just keep the bobs rolling in. I'm pretty sure Jose will not win a league or CL with United and frankly until United start winning those trophies again it's a crisis.

Not if the money keeps rolling in, just ask the Glaziers, rumours of a bid from the middle east for United.

The Glaziers arent the problem, the manager is the problem.

Unless the Glazers also have a window fitting company then you're spelling their surname wrong  ;D

That aside,  which manager would you have at the club then?

Pep, Klopp, Del Bosque, Rafa, Rodgers.

Any one of these would do me, I know 2 are ex Liverpol managers and one is the current one, another is the city manager but I would take any of these all day long over the sour faced shithead currently in charge.

Klopp and Pep will be tied up to Manchester City and Liverpool long term, Del Bosque announced his retirement from the management June 2016. Rafa or Rodgers FFS you could at least make an effort of picking a manager that would do better than the current manager.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 18, 2018, 08:38:18 PM

The only reason he's there is to get in high profile players via his relationship with Raiola so that United can make more money on merchandise and sponsorship. It's all revenue driven. The Glazers couldn't give a fcuk if United never won the league or CL.......just keep the bobs rolling in. I'm pretty sure Jose will not win a league or CL with United and frankly until United start winning those trophies again it's a crisis.

Not if the money keeps rolling in, just ask the Glaziers, rumours of a bid from the middle east for United.

Unless the Glazers also have a window fitting company then you're spelling their surname wrong  ;D

Any one of these would do me, I know 2 are ex Liverpol managers and one is the current one, another is the city manager but I would take any of these all day long over the sour faced shithead currently in charge.

Klopp and Pep will be tied up to Manchester City and Liverpool long term, Del Bosque announced his retirement from the management June 2016. Rafa or Rodgers FFS you could at least make an effort of picking a manager that would do better than the current manager.

I was asked about managers I would prefer, I went back to the time the sour faced one was hired, I was not asked who they worked for or who was available at the time, those are who I would have preferred off the top of my head, do try and keep up.

To me Rafa is batter than the current manager, to me Rodgers is better than the current manager, they are better suited to the United style of play, to me Pep is a better manager and to me Klopp is a better manager, its not hard, it is opinion, my opinion and sure nobody gives a fig.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

snoopdog

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

I was asked about managers I would prefer, I went back to the time the sour faced one was hired, I was not asked who they worked for or who was available at the time, those are who I would have preferred off the top of my head, do try and keep up.

To me Rafa is batter than the current manager, to me Rodgers is better than the current manager, they are better suited to the United style of play, to me Pep is a better manager and to me Klopp is a better manager, its not hard, it is opinion, my opinion and sure nobody gives a fig.
Jose won 2 trophies in his 1st f**king season. But you want a German bullsh1t artist who loses every final he gets too.

Syferus

Stew is a performance artist. It's not real.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

February 2016, Manchester City signed Guardiola to a three-year contract which was many months before Mourinho was hired and October 2015 Klopp was appointed Liverpool manager, it is you that needs to keep up.

Rafa Benitez took over Internazionale treble winners managed by Mourinho and left them languishing seventh in Serie A. That was almost as bad as what Moyes did with Manchester United. If Rodgers ever comes back to manage a team in the Premier league none of the top 4 or 5 teams will have any interest in him and that includes Liverpool.

Rawhide

There are some brainless fools on this thread looking rid of a proven winner to replace him with Skoda's, it in the same bracket as the headers on the Tyrone thread looking rid of Harte. As the saying goes, everyone has an opinion and that's why they are worth nothing.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Maroon Manc

I don't believe some of the figures quoted by the media, even the Times claimed he wanted £26m a season to join City. I see Neil Ashton has had a right pop at Sanchez but fails to mention that Pep shouldn't have been talking to Sanchez and Pep has only joined City for the money like every other player since 2008. Some of those jouno's have short memories, United won 2 trophies last season whilst City didn't win anything, apart from the league there's plenty to play for this season and next season could well be different.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rawhide on January 18, 2018, 11:50:40 PM
There are some brainless fools on this thread looking rid of a proven winner to replace him with Skoda's, it in the same bracket as the headers on the Tyrone thread looking rid of Harte. As the saying goes, everyone has an opinion and that's why they are worth nothing.

Jose is no Mickey Harte. LVG won a trophy and had a comparable league finish in his last season and no one is saying he should have been kept.

Allegri, Ancellotti, Simeone, Jardim, Pochettino are some other names Stew could have mentioned. Varying degrees of availability I accept but all preferable to park the bus Jose. Maybe they're not as friendly with agents.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2018, 12:29:40 PM

Jose is no Mickey Harte. LVG won a trophy and had a comparable league finish in his last season and no one is saying he should have been kept.

Allegri, Ancellotti, Simeone, Jardim, Pochettino are some other names Stew could have mentioned. Varying degrees of availability I accept but all preferable to park the bus Jose. Maybe they're not as friendly with agents.

LVG also crashed out of a poor CL group and then failed to win the Europa League. He didn't qualify for the CL in his final season, the fans were fed up of his style of play and the players looked demotivated and bored - so it was always going to be bye bye Louis. There have been obvious signs of improvement under Mourinho - winning EL in his first year, now second in the league and into the Last 16 of the CL. I don't watch a huge amount of Atletico Madrid, but would Simeone's style not be a similar one to Mourinho's?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 19, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
I don't believe some of the figures quoted by the media, even the Times claimed he wanted £26m a season to join City. I see Neil Ashton has had a right pop at Sanchez but fails to mention that Pep shouldn't have been talking to Sanchez and Pep has only joined City for the money like every other player since 2008. Some of those jouno's have short memories, United won 2 trophies last season whilst City didn't win anything, apart from the league there's plenty to play for this season and next season could well be different.
A few journos and ex-players seem rattled that Sanchez is going to United instead of City.

Maroon Manc

We were woeful the last 6 months under LVG, the worst football I've ever likely see at United and after a decent 1st season we'd gone backwards and far too many of the players he bought were not performing.

None of those managers have a record like Mourinho and that goes for Ancelotti too, his league record isn't great. He's won 4 championships and its hard to take notice of 2 of them considering PSG & Bayern are so far clear of the rest of their league.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 19, 2018, 12:54:11 PM

We were woeful the last 6 months under LVG, the worst football I've ever likely see at United and after a decent 1st season we'd gone backwards and far too many of the players he bought were not performing.

None of those managers have a record like Mourinho and that goes for Ancelotti too, his league record isn't great. He's won 4 championships and its hard to take notice of 2 of them considering PSG & Bayern are so far clear of the rest of their league.

Hard to argue with most of that bar if it's track record you want we should be getting Fergie back! I know LVG had to go but it was done poorly and he was replaced by a man who is the antithesis of what United used to be and should be about.

And a few things though on Mourinho's record. He has never won the Champions League while managing in the Premier league. The Portuguese league and Italian league are nothing like as competitive and physically demanding as the Premier League. He couldn't win it with a dominant Chelsea or a Real side that have won it twice since he has left (with an inexperienced manager). Jose has a decent CV but for a guy who has been at really top clubs it doesn't hold up to the awe most people have for him when it's scrutinised.

The possibility that he is yesterdays man is a very real one and that's leaving aside parking the bus and his carry on.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

Hard to argue with most of that bar if it's track record you want we should be getting Fergie back! I know LVG had to go but it was done poorly and he was replaced by a man who is the antithesis of what United used to be and should be about.

And a few things though on Mourinho's record. He has never won the Champions League while managing in the Premier league. The Portuguese league and Italian league are nothing like as competitive and physically demanding as the Premier League. He couldn't win it with a dominant Chelsea or a Real side that have won it twice since he has left (with an inexperienced manager). Jose has a decent CV but for a guy who has been at really top clubs it doesn't hold up to the awe most people have for him when it's scrutinised.

The possibility that he is yesterdays man is a very real one and that's leaving aside parking the bus and his carry on.

How many have? Both Benitez & Di Matteo finished outside the top 4 the seasons they won it, and there was a huge amount of luck involved in both. Chelsea's win was actually ridiculous in how lucky they were - Napoli game, Barca game & the Bayern game.

How long did it take Ferguson to win it? and how many times did he win it? Must be a shocking manager to only have won it twice in 27 years with a dominant United team...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

Look at Fergie's record in Europe, I think he'll be disappointed not to have won at least one more European Cup. You need a bit of luck in Europe and not neccessarily the nest team win the competition. OVer the last 20 years Real have won more than Barca in Europe whilst Barca have won twice as many league title. Mourinho was very unlucky first time round with Chelsea whilst his Real side were up against one of the greatest sides of all times and he still managed to win a league title with them. Winning with Porto was an incredible achievement and winning with Inter was outstanding given I wouldn't have had them down as contenders at the start of that season.

Mourinho has won 8 domestic league titles, 9 domestic cup and 4 European trophies in about 15 years. That record is phenomenal. You can disagree with his football and his demeneour but certainly not with his CV.

Rawhide

Thank you MM, as I posted earlier, there are some fools on here,
cccc is a true supporter lol