Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on July 11, 2018, 11:05:04 AM
Quote from: Imposerous on July 11, 2018, 07:33:38 AM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 11, 2018, 03:31:41 AM
Lord Laird, prominent Ulster Scots campaigner.

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Seems to have been a bit of a character, or as he'd be described in his native tongue "a character ".

RIP

My memory of him is lecturing non-unionists who queried his fiddling of expenses etc with the line "I won't be lectured by anyone!"

not much has changed then with this generation of unionists

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2018, 08:24:58 AM
Quote from: Imposerous on July 11, 2018, 07:33:38 AM

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Seems to have been a bit of a character, or as he'd be described in his native tongue "a character ".

RIP
LOL

RIP all the same

Had a chuckle myself at that. RIP to him.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

playwiththewind1st

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Yeh...all the tributes glossed over his earlier career in Vanguard...a completely bitter ould ballix & that side of him is being airbrushed.

thewobbler

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on July 12, 2018, 10:04:17 PM

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Yeh...all the tributes glossed over his earlier career in Vanguard...a completely bitter ould ballix & that side of him is being airbrushed.

Tell me. When McGuinness passed away, would you have hoped that those of a unionist persuasion concentrated their memories on his final 20 years, or the 20 previous?

stephenite

red hander

Quote from: thewobbler on July 12, 2018, 10:24:44 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on July 12, 2018, 10:04:17 PM

Mey 'e reist a pace.

Tell me. When McGuinness passed away, would you have hoped that those of a unionist persuasion concentrated their memories on his final 20 years, or the 20 previous?

To be fair, in his last 20 years he ripped off the taxpayer atrociously, and remember, this was a very rich man to start with. He was also barred from the house of lords for 5 days for disgraceful ripping off of expenses, which even saw the UUP dumping him out of shame. I have utmost sympathy for his family mourning a loved one. But, let's be realistic here, the guy was an utter unionist bigoted ****. Like The Stranglers song says, Everyone Loves You When You're Dead. Let's not be hypocrites here.

seafoid

"Galway haven't won a championship match in Croke park since the iPhone was invented"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ambrose

I see the post pixies have been in during the night and cleaned things up. Proper order too, no one wants to read about two lecherous old men, one of them a recently deceased member of the house of Lords and the other an alleged GAA man watching soccer in one of the House of Parliament bars while chasing young girls from the SNP. As the old saying goes you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Maybe that's what killed the dirty oul' bugger.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Dougal Maguire

Good man 5ive Times. Welcome back
Careful now

Ambrose

Condolences on the loss of your friend and drinking buddy Lord Laird, looks like you both had a lot in common.

Looks like Phil the Greek may be joining him if the rumours are to be believed, you should get a day off work for that one Dougie.

Dougal Maguire

Who knows 5ive, who knows but it'll be a day tinged with sadness
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: Ambrose on July 20, 2018, 02:56:50 PM
Condolences on the loss of your friend and drinking buddy Lord Laird, looks like you both had a lot in common.

Looks like Phil the Greek may be joining him if the rumours are to be believed, you should get a day off work for that one Dougie.

When you're emptying the waste baskets in Buckingham Palace, please don't listen to anything you overhear and certainly don't post it on GAA Board without Ma'am's permission.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Well in fairness he's posted worse in the past. Hard to top 'Pints, if I ever find out who you are I'll see you'll never be able to work a computer again'
Careful now

Ambrose

Quote from: Orior on July 20, 2018, 04:27:04 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on July 20, 2018, 02:56:50 PM

When you're emptying the waste baskets in Buckingham Palace, please don't listen to anything you overhear and certainly don't post it on GAA Board without Ma'am's permission.

Did Carndale Enterprises Ltd lose the contract for the palace?  :P