Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 56167 times)

Ambrose

• View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #555 on: July 05, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
A private plate ‘valued’ at £400 is worth very little in real terms, the company who valued it won’t buy it from you but will sell it on your behalf on commission. Unless it is meaning to you or car specific I’d let it go. If you really want to hold on to it, retention now lasts for 10 years and includes the forward transfer fee.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 05, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
Cheers for that. I was going to be moving my old plate onto the new car anyway so thought if there's a way of just putting the reg onto a certificate and then leaving it with one of the selling companies to try and get the money for it. But might be more hassle than it's worth then. The reg doesn't have any connection with me which is why I was going to sell it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 05, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Bitof an issue with a ford galaxy (2008). The bonnet release cable has snapped, somewhere close to the bonnet as the cable can be pulled back freely from where the release  lever is at inside the car.

Anyone know how to get the bonnet open?

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
« Reply #558 on: July 05, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
Bitof an issue with a ford galaxy (2008). The bonnet release cable has snapped, somewhere close to the bonnet as the cable can be pulled back freely from where the release  lever is at inside the car.

A nail bar and strong arms.
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 05, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=rxo-W5HeDYiWkwWY8Zj4Aw&q=2008+ford+galaxy+bonnet+wont+open&oq=2008+ford+galaxy+bonnet+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.33i22i29i30k1l10.2996.11721.0.15034.25.20.0.4.4.0.628.3662.2-1j4j3j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..13.12.3056.0..0j0i131k1j0i22i30k1.0.jzNpqr3jkc4

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »
Have a 2003 volvo s80 . I need to add coolant every few months, if it gets too low i get  a warning to fill it up. I am looking to use it for a 3 hour drive next week. Should i be worried about it. I have the car 3 yrs. And there was a bottle of coolant in boot when i got it so looks like a problem for a long time.  No visible sign of a leak either. And head gasket isnt gone. My mechanic couldnt see any visible reason

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 16, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

Have just bought a Citroen C4 and there is a constant noise in the car when idle, it is like when you get the buzzing noise when you use your windscreen washer pump but it is constant.

Then there is another noise that is like a tap which occurs every second.

Does anyone know what these noises could be?

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 16, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

Have just bought a Citroen C4 and there is a constant noise in the car when idle, it is like when you get the buzzing noise when you use your windscreen washer pump but it is constant.

Is it a diesel? If so then it could be an injector.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 16, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

What area of the car is it coming from? Maybe a noisy fuel pump..

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 16, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »
Citroen C4 VTR+ Query

It is a petrol

What area of the car is it coming from? Maybe a noisy fuel pump..

I haven't checked the engine bay yet, can hear the noise from inside the car. Will try and record the noise later

It is an 09 plate and the car has only done 29k

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 16, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
Anyone up on car audio systems? I have a Audi A5 that I recently bought but the radio fades out every couple of seconds. There was a new Audio system put in and I'm assuming they've wired something up wrong. The media player plays fine and when the traffic update cuts in it plays fine, but when you go into the radio normally it just fades out every 2-3 seconds and then comes back. I'm assuming it can't be a signal issue as the traffic broadcasts are always OK so was wondering if anyone else might have an idea of what might be interrupting the signal?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit