Presidential canditate you could go on the beer with.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, October 02, 2011, 02:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I reckon Martin, Micky, Gay & Sean I could have a good session with.

Norris would be good craic for a while but I would move on to meet up with my real friends after the pub.

Mary I could tolerate but she would bore me silly.

Dana would wreck my head.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ziggysego

Pretty much what you said, but Gay would do my head in too.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Given that people generally get a bit louder after a few drinks, I wouldn't want to be in the same pub as Norris.

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2011, 10:50:22 AM
Given that people generally get a bit louder after a few drinks, I wouldn't want to be in the same pub as Norris.

Some people also sing I wouldn't want Dana there.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

beer baron

Well there's my vote for Mc Guinness gone after hearing that!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on October 02, 2011, 10:55:04 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 02, 2011, 02:22:22 AM

McGuinness is teetotal.

What will he do when he meets US President Tyrone S. Owen in a pub up the Sperrin mountains?
MWWSI 2017

whiskeysteve

McGuinness is teetotal.

In an interview with Pat Kenny the other day he said he has a glass of red wine now and again
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

michaelg

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 02, 2011, 11:37:13 AM

McGuinness is teetotal.

In an interview with Pat Kenny the other day he said he has a glass of red wine now and again
Fishing for votes probably - Irish people quite often not that keen on / a bit wary of non-drinkers
Was it not the case so that he didn't drink so he could keep his head clear for all the bombing and shooting and what have you?

balladmaker

QuoteWas it not the case so that he didn't drink so he could keep his head clear for all the bombing and shooting and what have you?

More likely to avoid the shooting and constant threat of death which he was/is under.  At least McGuinness can say with conviction that he has actually fought for Ireland, Dana can say she sang for Ireland  :( , as for the others ....

whiskeysteve

Quote from: michaelg on October 02, 2011, 12:06:48 PM

McGuinness is teetotal.

Fishing for votes probably - Irish people quite often not that keen on / a bit wary of non-drinkers
Was it not the case so that he didn't drink so he could keep his head clear for all the bombing and shooting and what have you?

Trolling is a subtle art born out of experience. You'll fine tune the pitch eventually. Good luck
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

michaelg

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 02, 2011, 12:15:43 PM
Quote from: michaelg on October 02, 2011, 12:06:48 PM

McGuinness is teetotal.

Trolling is a subtle art born out of experience. You'll fine tune the pitch eventually. Good luck
Although my last comment was a bit tongue in cheek, for someone from a Unionist background who grew up during the troubles, I happen to quite like old Marty.  With respect to his non-drinking, it always slightly un-nerved me a little - Seemed to make him appear a little more cold, calculating etc - However, I do appreciate that his involvement in the armed struggle was a serious business with his own safety clearly at risk, and as such can understand why in that position you would want to have your wits about you at all times

Maguire01

Quote from: balladmaker on October 02, 2011, 12:09:04 PM
At least McGuinness can say with conviction that he has actually fought for Ireland, Dana can say she sang for Ireland  :( , as for the others ....
If that's all you know about the candidates, i'd hope you're not in charge of a vote.

Minder

McGuinness used to drink but can't remember when he left drinking, he doesent feel why he has to keep answering questions on his drinking. Nelson Mandela once offered him a drink but he refused. He is embarrassed by other colleagues actions whilst drinking but had no knowledge of what they intended to do.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"