The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

Ruthless stuff from Leinster here. Sexton is a class act.

screenexile

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 21, 2018, 04:56:51 PM
Ruthless stuff from Leinster here. Sexton is a class act.

Hard to see Munster or Racing living with that!!

Capt Pat

Leinster looked good today and could have Sean O'Brien back for the final.

The only thing I could see stopping them is the hot weather in Bilbao in mid May.

Milltown Row2

Ulster were well on top during the second half, getting the bonus point means they have to beat Munster away with bonus point to stay in contention I think. Though I doubt that very much.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Munster were well beaten in the other semi today it seems.

Rich Ricci

Strange choice not to start to Zebo I'd have thought. Any updates I was following had him making a huge difference.

His replacement also got taken apart by Thomas who was involved in 3 tries.

Orchard park

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 22, 2018, 05:34:05 PM
Strange choice not to start to Zebo I'd have thought. Any updates I was following had him making a huge difference.

His replacement also got taken apart by Thomas who was involved in 3 tries.

Lunacy decision not to play zebo

AZOffaly

Two semi finals in a row where Munster were comprehensively out matched. Hard to watch.

Walter Cronc

Few smart signings needed!! Too many passengers on that Munster squad

David McKeown

I thought it a strange performance from Munster who despite being outmatched could have gotten something from the game but too many errors when in great positions combined with some cute hoorism (tackling the ref to prevent a try) stopped them from ever getting back into it after their very poor start. Zebo's exclusion was a strange one which cost Munster dear. Would still fancy Leinster in the final though.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Insane Bolt

Quote from: David McKeown on April 22, 2018, 09:34:37 PM
I thought it a strange performance from Munster who despite being outmatched could have gotten something from the game but too many errors when in great positions combined with some cute hoorism (tackling the ref to prevent a try) stopped them from ever getting back into it after their very poor start. Zebo's exclusion was a strange one which cost Munster dear. Would still fancy Leinster in the final though.

Think Leinster would beat the pick of Munster and Racing at the minute....playing great stuff

LooseCannon

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 23, 2018, 06:39:01 AM

Think Leinster would beat the pick of Munster and Racing at the minute....playing great stuff

Well, Munster are missing Tyler B, Chris Farrell, Jaco Taute, Chris Cloete, Tommy O'Donnell

AZOffaly

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 23, 2018, 08:38:28 AM

Well, Munster are missing Tyler B, Chris Farrell, Jaco Taute, Chris Cloete, Tommy O'Donnell

I think Cloete was missed very badly yesterday.

Tadhg Beirne will be a good signing but the disparity in the schools and academy between Munster and Leinster is very apparent. Munster are just not producing backs like Ringrose, Larmour etc. They'll always be 'hard to beat' but when you come up against elite teams in big matches, that's not enough.

Walter Cronc

I'm not privy to the exact nature/numbers within Munster schools but surely a bigger push needs to be made to get players through from clubs. Leinster got O'Brien, Furlong and Carberry (went to Blackrock at 16) through clubs. Frawley looking like another potential

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 23, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on April 23, 2018, 08:38:28 AM

I think Cloete was missed very badly yesterday.

Tadhg Beirne will be a good signing but the disparity in the schools and academy between Munster and Leinster is very apparent. Munster are just not producing backs like Ringrose, Larmour etc. They'll always be 'hard to beat' but when you come up against elite teams in big matches, that's not enough.

Schools, schools, schools.
You know yourself. Leinster can comfortably have a club academy, as well as a schools academy.
Not as many schools in Munster, nor is it near the level of the money-racket that Leinster schools is.
A lot more fee paying schools in Dublin alone, than in Munster. Patrician College Newbridge is the only non fee-paying school that enters THE Leinster Schools Senior Cup.