Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Rav67

Can't believe yet another injury time goal, this team never knows when they are beaten.  Samaras looked very creative again when he came on, lovely pass for the goal and he showed another great piece of vision to play in JVOH a few minutes previously.  Sno looked good on the ball, I could see him getting more games in the run-in. 

As per usual the Holy Goalie kept us in it with a few outstanding saves, I don't think I'd swap him for any keeper in the world.  Caldwell and McManus were very poor IMO.  The extra game is not ideal with so many league games coming up but better than going out of the cup.

under the bar

QuoteCaldwell and McManus were very poor IMO.

Caldwell wouldn't make it onto the special olympic soccer team.  If he was a greyhound he'd get a bullet. WGS needs psychiatric help if he thinks Caldwell is Celtic standard.

lynchbhoy

caldwell is terrible. Celtic unlucky not to win after hitting the woodwork four times, but lucky to draw in the end.
Samaras looks better and better, though his confidence turns to jelly if he makes a mistake and is better off the field at that stage. A good player however imo.

IMO Bouc will go in the sumer. He signed a new contract that will guarantee Celtic a min of £10 Million , so at least he wont be bought on the cheap.
One of the best goalies in the world, def one of the top couple of penalty stoppers.
Can see hm going to an italian club or arsenal.

illdecide

Seriously that man Caldwell needs released from his duties. He is brutal and so slow it's not even funny. Balde and O Dea are def better defenders somebody pointed that out earlier. As for Samaras he's a good player and should be used more as for who makes way????
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gawa316

Quote from: Rav67 on March 09, 2008, 03:18:04 PM
Can't believe yet another injury time goal, \

Anyone any stats on how many late goals (say 85 min and on) celtic have scored in recent times?

It's unbelieveable. i use to think man u where bad...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: gawa316 on March 10, 2008, 09:43:52 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on March 09, 2008, 03:18:04 PM
Can't believe yet another injury time goal, \

Anyone any stats on how many late goals (say 85 min and on) celtic have scored in recent times?

It's unbelieveable. i use to think man u where bad...

Supposedly have scored in the last five mins eleven times this season - don't think that it was the cructial goal in all eleven matches.
Not that it matters how many times its happened, a goal is a goal no matter when its scored, and three points are three points, no matter how the game was won!  ;)
Tbc....

tyroneman

So another 2 points chucked away tonight..at home too.

Can Strachan not just go.and go now

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: tyroneman on March 12, 2008, 11:33:35 PM
So another 2 points chucked away tonight..at home too.

Can Strachan not just go.and go now

Have heard quite a few rumours from various sources, all suggesting that WGS will walk in the Summer - now personally I don't think he will.
As for last night, it was always going to be a very difficult game, given the Arabs current form this season, we hit the woodwork twice and had most of the pressure, but again, no cutting edge in front of goal (which WGS admitted after the game).
Obviously its now going to be extremely difficult to retain the league, but I believe that we can still do it, 3 OF matches still to go and 2 of them at home, also the Orcs fixture pile-up has to start affecting them soon, their squad isn't big enough to cope with the number of games they have left (also losing Cousin for a month ain't going to help their cause).
So I wouldn't be really unhappy if the Hun held out for a win tonight over Bremen, another 2 games in Europe, more pressure on them and increases the Scottish teams co-efficient and they have no hope of actually winning the competition.
Tbc....

clarshack

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 13, 2008, 08:49:52 AM
So I wouldn't be really unhappy if the Hun held out for a win tonight over Bremen, another 2 games in Europe, more pressure on them and increases the Scottish teams co-efficient and they have no hope of actually winning the competition.

dont know about that. i've a bad feeling about the huns in the uefa cup. i would be much happier if spurs and everton had have progressed. also there's no way a celtic team under WGS are gonna beat walter smith's huns 3 times in the league.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: clarshack on March 13, 2008, 09:31:56 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 13, 2008, 08:49:52 AM

dont know about that. i've a bad feeling about the huns in the uefa cup. i would be much happier if spurs and everton had have progressed. also there's no way a celtic team under WGS are gonna beat walter smith's huns 3 times in the league.

Don't be stressing your head Clarshack, Bayern Munich have the UEFA cup in the bag.  ;)
Tbc....

tyroneman

I agree..would much rather Tottenham and Everton were in the cup than out as Bayern could have an off night.

Not much more you can say about last night though.blame lies squarely at WGS door. It's his team, he made the signings, he picks the formation, he motivates the players, he sorts out the tactics (what tactics?)

Artur..........world class and the reaosn Celtic are still anywhere near the top of the SPL
Hinkle..........don't know yet..looks useful enough
Caldwell.................joke.O'Dea and Bobo are far better
McManus...........again not good enough
Wilson...alright
Naylor...........substandard
McGeady........a good player. Njot a great player...yet
Naka..........waste of space this year
Brown.............poor
Donati...........poor
Sno..............poor
Hartley............poor
Robson............you get what you pay for
Skippy.........gone off the boil big time. Not a footballer. A six yard finisher, that's all.
Samaras............average
JVoH............poor this year
Killen...a joke

No tempo, no ideas, no football being played.

Celtic always had the reputation of an exciting team who treid to stick to the prinicples of football. Not under WGS.

T Fearon

On a happier note, according to this week's View, the play about Lisbon is on at the Tivoli in Dublin beginning on Easter Tuesday and running into early April. Anybody seen this yet? Am thinking of going myself

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 13, 2008, 03:22:39 PM
On a happier note, according to this week's View, the play about Lisbon is on at the Tivoli in Dublin beginning on Easter Tuesday and running into early April. Anybody seen this yet? Am thinking of going myself

give me a shout if yer going..

pm me as my email add has changed

T Fearon

Will do Lynchboy.

Apparently they're showing highlights of the game in the Tivoli bar, after the show, from Monday to Thursday. Tims at the Theatre ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: tyroneman on March 13, 2008, 01:34:45 PM
Celtic always had the reputation of an exciting team who treid to stick to the prinicples of football. Not under WGS.

Are you having a laugh?? Im no great fan of WGS but his Celtic's have played a better brand of passing football than MON's did and on a smaller budget too. Calling for his head after a draw with Dundee United seems very short sighted, as GDA said the current United said are a well organised outfit.