Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the green man

The Hoops have signed Ben Hutchinson from Boro for 250,000. Jarosik leaves for some Russian outfit for E1,000,000. Sorry to see Jiri go. Although played out of position, he was a good player, scoring some important goals for us. Much beter than Brown IMO.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the green man on February 01, 2008, 12:14:11 AM
The Hoops have signed Ben Hutchinson from Boro for 250,000. Jarosik leaves for some Russian outfit for E1,000,000. Sorry to see Jiri go. Although played out of position, he was a good player, scoring some important goals for us. Much beter than Brown IMO.

Nah I'm sorry, but if you believe that then you must have been on the beer all night!  ;)
Tbc....

saffron sam2

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 31, 2008, 09:17:40 PM
Notice OWC's Steven Davis has joined Rangers

Big, big signing for the Rangers, but you have to wonder just who is advising Davis.

He was very highly thought of at Villa, but decided he had to leave at the end of last season, because he wasn't guaranteed first team football (despite rarely, if ever, being out of the sixteen man squad). I was at Villa Park for what proved to be his last game and the reception he got from the home fans when he came on showed how well liked he was. I had a conversation that day with Chris Nicholl and he was certainly of the opinion that Davis would be one who Villa could have built around for the long term. Had he hung round into this season, he would be a fixture in the Villa midfield. So someone tells him it is a good idea to sign for Fulham. Now, after being a regular feature in the Fulham team for most of the season, he is off to Rangers. Can't see the logic in that move. Yes, he probably will get a SPL medal at the end of the year, but when you consider where he was a year or a year and a half ago, it would appear that he is maybe going backwards a wee bit or doesn't have the bottle to fight for his place.

So where he could be in a team fighting for a Champions' League place, he chose to fight against relegation and now he has chosen the soft option of the SPL.

Good signing for Rangers, but not for Davis.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

clarshack

Quote from: the green man on February 01, 2008, 12:14:11 AM
Jarosik leaves for some Russian outfit for E1,000,000. Sorry to see Jiri go. Although played out of position, he was a good player, scoring some important goals for us.

I always thought jarosik was a decent player when it came to the european games. when it came to the SPL he didnt put it in.

nifan

SS, i would be disappointed with davis ending at rangers, but i have to admit that sadly he has regressed from his amazing start at villa.
He unfortunately wasnt what oneil wanted from a midfielder - wasnt strong enough, was regularly not playing at the expense of petrov who was frankly rubbish at the time much to the annoyance of the fans. Then they bought reo coker as well.
Unfortunately he has been having a relatively poor time at fulham along with all the team, and hodgson maybe just doesnt fancy him with bullard back etc.

Hopefully rangers can kick start him, but i hope he doesnt hang around there for too long.

saffron sam2

Quote from: nifan on February 01, 2008, 10:19:47 AM
SS, i would be disappointed with davis ending at rangers, but i have to admit that sadly he has regressed from his amazing start at villa.
He unfortunately wasnt what oneil wanted from a midfielder - wasnt strong enough, was regularly not playing at the expense of petrov who was frankly rubbish at the time much to the annoyance of the fans. Then they bought reo coker as well.
Unfortunately he has been having a relatively poor time at fulham along with all the team, and hodgson maybe just doesnt fancy him with bullard back etc.

Hopefully rangers can kick start him, but i hope he doesnt hang around there for too long.

The Reo-Coker signing would have been a bit of a kick in the teeth for him and with Petrov, Gardner, Berger and Maloney even ahead in the pecking order, you can see why the move to Fulham was attractive (along with Sanchez being there of course). The irony is that I feel he would be a regular with Villa this season, albeit out of position on th eright side of midfield. Would have been interesting if O'Neill had been able to get him back on loan.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lads Davis is only on loan at Mordor til the Summer!
Tbc....

nifan

GDA, yeah he is, but it is plausible Hodge doesnt want him, he seems to be interested in changing a lot of the team. The deal could always be come permanent.
I hope not.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on February 01, 2008, 04:13:52 PM
GDA, yeah he is, but it is plausible Hodge doesnt want him, he seems to be interested in changing a lot of the team. The deal could always be come permanent.
I hope not.

Nifan,
The mate (dyed in the wool teddybear) reckons that they have an option to go in with 2.5 million for him in the Summer if they want.
Personally, I'm not too worried about him, Hutton (and possibily Cousin) going will have a much bigger impact on the Orcs then him coming in.
Though from your perspective as an OWC fan, it has to be good news, as he should be guarenteed first team football at Mordor!
Tbc....

red hander

Thank Feck we didn't get Lavatory ... a tube who Burnley, yes, that's right, BURNLEY, think is worth £4m .... Strachan is not the man

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not gonna be a WGS apoligist, but I think people need to realise that Celtic are heading for 3 in a row, third time in our history we would have done it. Three times in 120 years!!

We'll not mention the 2 times we've got to the last 16 in Europe!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic-5 Killie-1, comprehensive demolishion by the Celts, plus a cracking debut goal by Samaras!

Oh it's great to be a Tim.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Rav67

Caddis got MOTM which was great to see, I wonder if him or Hinkel could play LB so we could get Naylor out of the team.  JVOH was apparently excellent as well, he's been very lazy this season but put himself about a good bit today.  Samaras goal was as a cracker by all accounts.  Certainly the most impressive domestic result of the season so far.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on February 02, 2008, 05:42:31 PM
Caddis got MOTM which was great to see, I wonder if him or Hinkel could play LB so we could get Naylor out of the team.  JVOH was apparently excellent as well, he's been very lazy this season but put himself about a good bit today.  Samaras goal was as a cracker by all accounts.  Certainly the most impressive domestic result of the season so far.

Samaras's goal was good, he threatened to score for most of the match, didn't think JVOH was great, had a decent game, but with the pressure on him now (not an automatic choice for one of the two forward roles) his game will hopefully improve to what it was last season.
Caddis had an outstanding game, one to watch, Naylor -  ::) just not there, but WTF does WGS keep using Sno!!??!!??!!  >:(

Fantastic result though.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Rav67

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 02, 2008, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on February 02, 2008, 05:42:31 PM

Samaras's goal was good, he threatened to score for most of the match, didn't think JVOH was great, had a decent game, but with the pressure on him now (not an automatic choice for one of the two forward roles) his game will hopefully improve to what it was last season.
Caddis had an outstanding game, one to watch, Naylor -  ::) just not there, but WTF does WGS keep using Sno!!??!!??!!  >:(

Fantastic result though.

Hail Hail

Was the game on Sky?  I checked Setanta listings and it wasn't there so I lay on in bed, I know they only have the league games though.