Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyroneman

QuoteI thought the game was running away from us at one point. I came with two strikers, which might have been naive, but I thought we could have got a win.
WGS on bbc website

Genius.................................

Once again the same old failings came out to play last night however several points remain to be answered:

1.    Why has our defence not been addressed over the summer- despite clear evidence it is not up to the job? Caldwell and Naylor in particular are liabilities and McManus needs a steady hand to guide him through matches – he can't be relied upon to marshal the defence, he is a follower not a leader and has the positional sense of a drunk crab.

2.    What's that skippy?? Some kids have started a football match and you're playing up front? His namesake would be more productive, and prolific. £700,000odd bargains come once in a lifetime. 99 times out of 100 they play like £700,000 suggests. And he's out first choice to partner JVoH

3.    Let's not buy into this beaten by a 40mill team either. The chances created home, and in particular away, by teams in the SPL against Celtic are frightening. It's down to pure good fortune that the OF have snapped up any decent  SPL level strikers thus preventing most other SPL teams from capitalising on the numerous chances we give them. It's no big surprise that SD nailed us.

4.    Naka – rightly subbed, at long last (WGS I finally applaud a decision). Again a passenger away from home. If only Special Teams were allowed a la NFL.

5.    Tactics – sexy football???? Where? Lump it up to the big man and hope. Again.

6.    The big man......... one of the laziest front men I have ever seen. The movement from Hartson in his final season was positively hyperactive in comparison. Keeps his place 'cos no-one else is there to challenge. And how does he consistently get outjumped by smaller defenders?????

7.    Options......... chasing a game what do we have?????? A lumbering free transfer from Hibs and...........................

8.    McGeady, mercurial certainly but looking less and less like fulfilling all that potential.(When exactly does "potential" finally stop being an excuse for poor play?)

The sad thing is that we have money to spend. I can't believe that not one decent player couldn't have been persuaded to come to the SPL.

Much like Ireland once we go behind to decent opposition almost all hope flickers out. That's inexcusable for a team with such history and dreams as we have

illdecide

Lucarelli had Bhoys option
Shakhtar striker held talks with Celtic
By Mark Buckingham   Last updated: 19th September 2007

Lucarelli: Celtic talks

Cristiano Lucarelli claims he had the opportunity to join Celtic at the end of last season.

The Italian striker left Livorno for Shakhtar Donetsk over the summer in a big-money transfer which surprised many in his homeland.

Celtic were rumoured to be among the clubs interested in Lucarelli and he showed the Scottish giants what they missed out on in Tuesday's UEFA Champions League tie.

Lucarelli scored a fine header in Shakhtar's 2-0 win and he confirmed he had held talks with The Bhoys.

"In May I spoke to the director of sport for Celtic for playing in Glasgow, but it was no," Lucarelli told Sky Sports News.

And when asked if he could have moved to Parkhead, Lucarelli replied: "Yes."

No regrets

The 31-year-old admits he does not regret choosing to move to Ukraine as he was eager to play Champions League football.

He added: "I don't regret leaving Serie A. I moved to Shakhtar to play Champions League football.

"To do that regularly in Italy you need to play for Milan, Internazionale or Juventus.

"Players from other clubs need to leave the country to do so, like (Massimo) Donati at Celtic."
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

wesaysanchez

can you hrear me billy vconnolly, rod stewatrt , gerrry  adsma neil leenon, tony fearon, micghael from the fields of antherny, pope bendict can you hear me?  youre bhoys took a hell of abeating so they did. jan venegor of heselink, evnader snow, gordon starchan gerry adams (can you hear me gerry sadam), oyu're boys tookm a hell of a beating. John reid, martin mcguiness john hume, the cardianl ( id ont' no his name), mark sdebottom, jreome quinee, logie logan, derek desmonf, martin oneill, malky mackay, all fenians can you here me for i ahve this to say so i do.  Your bohy took a heel of a beating.

By the way, how did Rangers do klast night. I ca'nt get the result anywhere so I can't.

Foolw, foolw.

www.loveultser.com

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

tintin25

Croí na hÉireann

Could u not just have deleted it???  ::)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the milkman

How can dicks that that get on this site!

Team is good enough for SPL this year but cant see us gettin out of the group!

I think we should play 5 in the middle away from home, with sno and hartley sitting, donati just in front! them mc geady and brown out wide, cause naka cleary doesnt want to know away from home!

Would love to a really top class centre back bought to paly with mc manus, and new left back, think wilson will do well in the long run at rb.! up front is pish poor, larsson sutton & hartson v JVOH magic Ronald MC Donald no contest really!

Need some money spend in Jan. but think it will be to late for champs. league by them (hope im wrong)

HAIL HAIL

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Boruc must have had money on a home win yesterday, that was one terrible performance he turned in :o

Wasnt too impressed by the banners the Celtic fans had yesterday, just looked a bit arrogant and smug as far as I could see. Not a great reflection on them either that they cant spell their clubs name ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on September 24, 2007, 01:39:03 PM
Boruc must have had money on a home win yesterday, that was one terrible performance he turned in :o

Wasnt too impressed by the banners the Celtic fans had yesterday, just looked a bit arrogant and smug as far as I could see. Not a great reflection on them either that they cant spell their clubs name ;D

Just seen that picture for the first time, pretty disappointing, Celtic were poor yesterday, good to see McGeady get his first goal in a while, Boruc did cost us the game, but how many has he saved for us in the past, will allow him a bad one this time. Can see this season being more of a seesaw between the OF, still think Celtic can win the SPL this year, more worried how we will fair in the next couple of CL matches.

Ah well back to porridge with an away trip to Dundee in the CIS cup on Wed night, live on BBC1 Scotland.

Hail hail
Tbc....

Rav67

Thought Hartley did OK yesterday in the holding role even though I'd be one of his biggest critics, WGS will probably deploy him there in Europe from now on although I dont like the way that means Brown will maybe be shunted off to the wing again where he cant really influence things.  Naylor was poor again, he has really went to shit this season he just wants to hoof it every time and his crosses are awful

the milkman

Sneaky win tonight, the ref and linesmen were shit though! dundee utd then milan, tough games coming up! hopefully naka will be back soon!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Sadly, looking like Naka may miss the AC match!

Yeah tonights match was ok, Celtic could have been a hell of a lot more convincing, but Dundee did play out of their skins, credit where its due.

Skippys goal was good as was Jans finish, and Sno was unlucky just at the end, but Riordans penalty was dreadful.
Felt Boruc was impeded for their goal, but the defense should have cleared the punch anyway.

Draw for the Quarter Finals is tomorrow.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

CIS Insurance Cup - fourth round draw:

Aberdeen v Inverness CT
Dundee Utd v Hamilton Academical
Celtic v Hearts
Motherwell v Rangers

Ties at Pittodrie, Tannadice and Fir Park to be played on 30 October. Celtic v Hearts on 31 October

Not an easy draw for us, the match is live on BBC1 Scotland on Wed 31st October.

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

great win
Strachan got it right

with that fast youthful dynamic midfield, a 451 formation was more like a 433
Donati, Brown, McDonald, Hartley all superb, with McGeaty obv worrying milan and they hacked him down where possible. Even Jarosik played with more passion and aggression than before.

a far cry from recent seasons where the players were just too slow against all opposition

the fan fecked things up though.
Celtic will be lucky to get away with just a fine. A deduction of points or playing home games behind closed doors is possible- though hardly fair given what actually happened.

Superb result. Great week (two weeks) for scotland and scots football. Maybe the spl is better than some think ... :o