Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyroneman

Team 3 for WGS and what has changed from the last 1/4 of season 2006-7?

We have a new MF pairing which shows promise...............and not much else.

Up front we can now select from a panel of journeymen (and I include JVoH in that) and have little to no clue in defence.

the first 2 games of the seaosn have shown once again that Strachan has no clue tactically and the crap that populated the forward line is inexcusable

Anyone who actually sat and watched the weekend Falkirk game would see that the 4-1 scoreline was certianly not indicative of the game. For 70-80 odd min Falkirk were the better team and were it not for an OG might have jeld on for the win. Sheer fitness alone won this game, nothing else.

It was also worrying just how far off the pace our back line were - being bullied by 2nd rate neverweres and has-beens

ONeill

Good start for Celtic on Moscow's plastic pitch. 1-0 up after 25
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

inisceithleann

terrible marking. celtic were riding their luck for a long time. naylor should never have been booked though a few mins earlier. clear dive.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ONeill

Surprised at the ref. Clearly intimidated by the occasion and him an experienced bloke.

stiffler

15mins to go, still 1 all. Celts are beginning to tire
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

GalwayBayBoy

Good result for Celtic. Thought Brown was going to seal the win right at the death when McGeady put him though. Ball seemed to get stuck under his feet with the plastic pitch.

That said Spartak missed a few chances too.

seanf

Good result this evening, however we were showed up in defence yet again!

Naylor playing chit & Kennedy and McManus will never make a partnership in the centre!

Bobo is still the best centre we have at the club!

lynchbhoy

kennedy surprised me as I never thought he was too hot before he got inj. McManus not a natural centre half (more a LB imo) but mcM will do the job as he is a tough nut and a bit of a leader.
O'Dea is prob the best natural cb in the club right now. Hear bobo was dire in recent challenge games, might not be 100% after his inj run, and the man relies on his pure athleticism.

clarshack

good result for celtic but serious problems remain in defence. none of the central defenders will attack a high ball coming into the box. the falkirk and spartak goals seemed very similar.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on August 16, 2007, 09:23:56 AM
good result for celtic but serious problems remain in defence. none of the central defenders will attack a high ball coming into the box. the falkirk and spartak goals seemed very similar.
I would say their attacking of high ball is actually quite good
the problem with the spartak goal (and problems in previous seasons) is that the centre halves marking and positioning is v poor
thought the full backs were badly exposed yesterday

spartak will be very dangerous on grass, but I think Celtic park is a smaller pitch , which will suit Celtic.
would not write off the russians !

T Fearon

A great result and one which, barring a disaster should guarantee us some great nights at Parkhead this autumn/winter (the Man Ure game last year was absolutely brilliant, the stadium was literally shaking as the teams left the field and the Fratelli's music playing) ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I'll wait til after the second leg Tony (on BBC one Scotland) til I get too excited. Do feel that we have done enough to progress though.
Tbc....

clarshack

another poor 1st half performance today against aberdeen. need to get this sorted asap. also how many times did naylor give the ball away? on a positive note miller looks to be a better threat than last year - his 2nd goal was a great finish.