Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Good win against Portaferry for Ronan in his first game as manager. Finished 0-18 to 1-11. Won the reserve game as well. Lifts the atmosphere going forward.

Leyland

Quote from: Bonamargy on July 04, 2015, 08:46:19 PM
Good win against Portaferry for Ronan in his first game as manager. Finished 0-18 to 1-11. Won the reserve game as well. Lifts the atmosphere going forward.

Good win considering all the circumstances. Delighted Ronan has taken the reigns. Players seemed to respond although both teams were missing quite a few. But a massive 2 points for us. Let's hope we can build on it. We have a lot of catching up to do with fitness etc. Good win for reserves as well. A lot of lads back playing again so it's all positive. Hopefully clarkie, Stoogie & Saul will be back soon.

btdtgtt

So just for the fun of it - who do we think the two teams will be that contest the county final?

Bonamargy

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 04, 2015, 11:55:50 PM
So just for the fun of it - who do we think the two teams will be that contest the county final?

Loughgiel and one from the other side of the draw 😊

getevennotcross

Well I am glad I went to Croker instead of Brewster Park, Canning's goal was with the journey and the admission fee alone.  Another diabolical result by the footballers/handballers.

NAG1

"What is the objective here? Is the objective for the next 40 years to have an All-Ireland championship where only three counties can win it? Because we've had that for the last 40 years. If that's what they want, let them stand up and be honest and say it. And we'll all go away and do something else."

It seems Cheddar is singing from the same hymn sheet as ourselves.

Logically when you sit back and look at it you would have to wonder what is going on.

getevennotcross

Quote from: NAG1 on July 06, 2015, 10:57:09 AM
"What is the objective here? Is the objective for the next 40 years to have an All-Ireland championship where only three counties can win it? Because we've had that for the last 40 years. If that's what they want, let them stand up and be honest and say it. And we'll all go away and do something else."

Logically when you sit back and look at it you would have to wonder what is going on.
NAG, that's all a bit random, don't you think?  What is it your drinking man?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on July 06, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

The way things have been done and are getting done. Wouldn't matter to Antrim.  we will not win anything in the next 40!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

chedder is speaking sense though. The championship is dominated by one team this past 15 years in Kilkenny. They have been in 12 of the last 15 finals with Tipp and Cork next best on around 5 & 4 themselves.

Theres only been a couple of finals no involving them, most recently Clare v Cork, but you have to go back to 1996 for the last one that didnt involve the top 3 teams. Thats nearly 20 years ago!

Lets be honest though, the top brass dont care about grass roots hurling in the weaker counties so long as they are getting the big cash in from the show piece finals between the top 3 teams. I was at the drawn final between Tipp and Kilkenny and it was an unreal game, why would the GAA want to change anything when thats on show?
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Who else has deserved to be there??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Leyland on July 04, 2015, 11:26:09 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on July 04, 2015, 08:46:19 PM

Good win considering all the circumstances. Delighted Ronan has taken the reigns. Players seemed to respond although both teams were missing quite a few. But a massive 2 points for us. Let's hope we can build on it. We have a lot of catching up to do with fitness etc. Good win for reserves as well. A lot of lads back playing again so it's all positive. Hopefully clarkie, Stoogie & Saul will be back soon.
Good to see Ronan getting the chance. Like I said previously, I don't understand what the problem was with humpy.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 07, 2015, 01:56:17 PM
Who else has deserved to be there??

no one has and that should be a problem for those in charge of the development of the game.

Its not liable to change in the near future either.
hurl like f**k boi!

Mhic Easmuint

New Antrim GAA Website

Hand up

Just seen the County Team and Panel, and just saved myself £20!! Much as I love watching and supporting our Lads I couldn't watch the Johnnies dwarf lift the Ulster Senior title, that Antrim Panel has no chance I'm afraid!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

team hasnt been posted up yet. Hes seen the county panel it says from his post and has decided to not support them based on whos on it.

Support them when their winning it seems.
hurl like f**k boi!