30 (61.2%)
Cats - savage cnuts.
13 (26.5%)
Gerbils
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 29, 2009, 01:36:19 PM
Without dogs we would never have gained the competitive advantage to out hunt other animals and prosper. Dogs allowed us to survive.

Without cats our hunted/gathered food and later farmed food stocks would have been diminished by vermin. Cats allowed is to thrive.

For this I would be a big fan of both.
None of dogs on this thread would much hunting. Too cold for the poor creatures to leave the nice warm house. Yis are as bad as the English! I suppose youse have nice warm coats for them and maybe a diamante collar?

The Real Laoislad

You should have a hate all animals option
You'll Never Walk Alone.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 29, 2009, 04:34:39 PM
You should have a hate all animals option
Would you include Laois people in that  :-*

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on November 29, 2009, 02:32:58 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 29, 2009, 11:44:14 AM
As a member of the dog family, I find a lot of this mealy mouthed rhetoric very hypocrital. No-one has ever taken me into their homes and taken cute little snaps of me on their sofa. What's more I have seen dogs, distant relatives, trained to chase and tear me and my family apart.
So... basically, youse can go f** yourselves  :-\

I did take you into my house one day and you pissed on the sofa.

Fair enuff but that Greencastle home made brew you gave me in that bowl. My legs went numb  :-[

Galwaybhoy

I like cats but I love dogs.

I have three, two are a mix of a German Shepherd and a Norwegian Elkhound and the other is a black German Shepherd.  I love my dogs.

Aerlik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVGzwj1A4QI

I love this video.  Reminds me of the Jack Russell and cat we had years ago.  would battle all day but were the best of mates.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

High Wide and Handsome

"Swing er over!"

The Iceman

Never have and never will have any time for cats. 

Had terriers and hounds about the place growing up and always loved dogs.  Before I left for the states I had a Doberman for 3 years and he was a great dog.  Had to give him up as he was too much for the folks to handle - managed to get him back to a man in Donegal who owned the dog's Grandfather.  Kennel Club put me in touch with him.

Miss having a dog about the place over here but we just don't have enough room.  If I could get a couple of acres we'd definitely have dogs - think they are great to have around children growing up.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Cat Deeley

Cat Stevens

Catatonic

ThunderCats

Katmandu

Catalonia

Cathay Pacific

Kathleen Turner

Catwoman

Top Cat
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Iceman on November 30, 2009, 05:00:31 PM

Had terriers and hounds about the place growing up and always loved dogs.  Before I left for the states I had a Doberman for 3 years and he was a great dog.  Had to give him up as he was too much for the folks to handle - managed to get him back to a man in Donegal who owned the dog's Grandfather.  Kennel Club put me in touch with him.

Miss having a dog about the place over here but we just don't have enough room.  If I could get a couple of acres we'd definitely have dogs - think they are great to have around children growing up.

A couple of acres! Are you getting a dog or a horse?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Puckoon

Iceman, there are times when the dogs do need a huge place to run about.

Due to unforseen circumstances, me and my two dogs live in a 5 room condominium with a deck. I spoke to the vet about re-homing them as previously they had a huge yard and a river to tear about in. She said that if they are happy and if I can walk them as often as I can they will have a great life.

I sometimes still think about rehoming them, some days I just dont have the time to take them out - but they are happy and we have a great time when I come home from work. I think they just like to watch sports centre and chew their toys and nap in the window during the day,

One thing is for sure - it is great to have the baby around them. She cant get enough of those boys.

Minder

Police have admitted they did not take action after receiving a report of dog breeding at the Liverpool house where a four-year-old boy was mauled to death.
John Paul Massey was killed by a dog at the property in Ash Grove, Wavertree, just after midnight.
His grandmother, Helen Foulkes, 63, was injured while trying to save the child and has been treated in hospital.
Merseyside Police said it had a report of dog breeding in February and was investigating why no action was taken.
It said the lack of action was "contrary to policy".
Dog shot
The animal which killed the boy was shot by armed officers in the front garden of the house.
An investigation is continuing to establish whether it was a breed deemed illegal under the Dangerous Dogs Act.
Ch Supt Steve Ashley, of Merseyside police, said: "In February this year a housing officer rang Merseyside Police to say they had received complaints of dog breeding at the address.
"At that time the police said it wasn't a police matter and no action was taken by Merseyside Police.
"That is contrary to our policies and an investigation is now launched into exactly what happened in February."
Ch Supt Ashley said an officer who is an expert on dangerous dogs should have spoken to the person who was concerned and if necessary visited the house to examine the dogs.
Police said Ms Foulkes intervened when the dog attacked John Paul and managed to get it out of the house through the front door.
Paramedics went in through the back of the property to treat John Paul, but he died from his injuries.
John Paul's 13-year-old brother was also in the house and was not injured, but police said he had been left "deeply traumatised" by the attack.
Ms Foulkes has been released from hospital after treatment for dog bites to her arms, body and legs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

Sligonian, if Im not mistake thats a wheaten terrier and BC and myself are both caretakers in a house that the wheaten owns...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Iceman

Quote from: Gnevin on November 30, 2009, 05:51:06 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on November 30, 2009, 05:00:31 PM

A couple of acres! Are you getting a dog or a horse?

Ha good man Gnevin - I was never into walking the dogs now in fairness - we always had enough room for them to run about and get their own exercise - also would have hunted flat out from October  - March/Arpil with the hounds and they got enough running in on a Sunday to last them all week.  I'd want a few acres and a couple of Dogs to have the run of the place.

Puck I think in fairness to the dogs you should re-home them but maybe look about a smaller dog for the house? Wee puck would get over it soon enough with a replacement..... Think Westies are a great wee house dog or any terrier for that matter with the right temperament.  Big dogs are for outside in my book.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AustinPowers

Anyone know  how to  stop cats shitting in  the garden?

(I don't  have a shotgun)