The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Tubberman on March 26, 2023, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 25, 2023, 09:55:54 PM
No time for her, since Brolly was pointing out a no. Of undeniable facts about the DUP on the live show one night and she cut him off. But let the DUP rant

One of the better moments of recent RTE.  Brolly had too free a reign to spout unverified nonsense about anyone up to then.

So you don't like his football views? Big woop. Neither do I, but that hardly means it was good to see him cut off a live broadcast for calling Gregory Campbell a homophobe. Does Gregory not deserve to be called a homophobe? If you're not sure, here's some of Gregory's comments on the subject:

EDIT
He also called Gregory a racist. Again, hardly without evidence. It was only a short time before that Clare Byrne show that Gregory put out a press release complaining that an episode of BBC Songs of Praise didn't have any white people in it.

But yeah, good job Clare Byrne wouldn't let anyone call out the racist homophobe eh?

Capt Pat

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 04, 2023, 06:45:35 PM
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0504/1380760-claire-byrne-rules-herself-out-as-new-late-late-host/

Blows the race wide open. Anybody could get it now.

Delighted to be honest. I don't want her hosting the show. It needs a comedian imho.

Aaron Boone

Wouldn't be surprised if Ryan T stayed on for a year at this rate.

Hound

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 04, 2023, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 04, 2023, 06:45:35 PM
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0504/1380760-claire-byrne-rules-herself-out-as-new-late-late-host/

Blows the race wide open. Anybody could get it now.

Delighted to be honest. I don't want her hosting the show. It needs a comedian imho.
She's really awful on that new quiz show on RTE. Wooden and lacking any kind of charisma

AustinPowers

So  who's left now?

Ray darcy?
Brendan o Connor?
Joe Duffy?
Miriam?
Or pat Kenny  coming in like  big Sam    to plug the hole?

Cavan19

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 05, 2023, 10:15:05 AM
So  who's left now?

Ray darcy?
Brendan o Connor?
Joe Duffy?
Miriam?
Rory's Stories

RedHand88

What's Hector doing these days?

armaghniac

Sarah McInerney has ruled herself out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rudi

Should rotate the host on a weekly basis, too much pressure for one person. The week Angela Scanlon is on, I shall watch replays of the British Kings Coronation. Or else I will just put my boot through the TV.  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: Rudi on May 05, 2023, 12:13:19 PM
Should rotate the host on a weekly basis, too much pressure for one person. The week Angela Scanlon is on, I shall watch replays of the British Kings Coronation. Or else I will just put my boot through the TV.  ;D

I suspect that Scanlon puts it on a bit and could do it rightly if she put her mind to it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sandy Hill

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 05, 2023, 10:15:05 AM
So  who's left now?

Ray darcy?
Brendan o Connor?
Joe Duffy?
Miriam?

Bin it!
"Stercus accidit"

Mayo Border

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2023, 11:24:29 AM
Glad to see McInerney gone. The woman has zero charisma.

Itchy

Quote from: Mayo Border on May 05, 2023, 04:29:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2023, 11:24:29 AM
Glad to see McInerney gone. The woman has zero charisma.

She's a top class presenter and is much better suited to grilling horrible FFG lying politicians than wasting away doing the late late show fluff. I'm delighted to hear she removed herself from the conversation. Maybe Enda Kenny could do it?

seafoid

It'll probably be another man
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU