Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2022, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Ah I have a really bad feeling the Dubs are just going to click from a player-led thing. But, that could be just historic trauma!!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Blowitupref

Kildare 1-21 Westmeath 2-15 result..

Half time in the other semi final. All too easy for the Dubs. Meath 0-5 Dublin 1-17.

Result Dublin 1-27 Meath 1-14.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

Ridiculous scoreline in Dublin Meath match, in empty Croke Park. Leinster football in a bad place. As for Dublin, they haven't gone away you know! No county that is funded that much and with demographic advantage was going anywhere. It's a shame though that people have long since stop bothering with Leinster championship, GAA and Leinster council have failed the province. Barely a tweet about these games.

You'd hope Kildare can put it up to them but judging by both scorelines today, unlikely.

Captain Obvious

In Leinster last year Dublin showed they would be taken out in the All-Ireland series. Two games thus far they are showing signs that they have found their mojo again.

imtommygunn

Written off very quickly. For me one of two teams who could win it...

Eire90

Dublin are  just doing their business in the background quietly

clarshack

If Dublin are to be beaten this year it will be by Kerry and very narrowly.

Hound

I didn't see the attendance figures on the big screen, but must be close to 40,000 there.  Not too bad for two fixtures with two very warm favourites.

Dubs were excellent in the first half. Ridiculous score of 1-17 out of 19 scoring chances.
Obviously caveated with Meath not being good.

Second half was actually an even affair, but can't read much into that.

Kildare looked good from an attacking viewpoint, but mediocre defensively. Of course Dubs are no great shakes defensively either. Leinster final should be interesting.

thejuice

Another year another drubbing. Once again left scratching our heads why we aren't closing the gap. Obviously Andy will leave after this year but I don't see any obvious contenders inside or outside the county that can turn around our fortunes. That said we have won a recent minor all Ireland win so hopefully we are an attractive proposition for an outside manager.

We are back to where we started when Andy took over, permanently stuck in Division 2. Able to hammer minnows but can't threaten the top 8. Promising young prospects like Costello, Morris, Conlon Jones and Walsh haven't progressed after good first years. They seem to have plateaued at senior level.

To see the likes of Derry move up the ranks so quickly makes it all the more jarring. It's not like we haven't poured time, money and a lot of energy into Meath football. It's not for lack of trying but for some reason when it comes to the championship we are as limp as a wet rag.

I think our next manager needs to be from outside the county with a good sense of modern football and training standards. Same with coaches and selectors.

For all the good that is said about Colm Nally as a coach and Niall Ronan bringing professional experience to S&C we haven't kept up with the top teams in either department it seems. We seem well able to run up a score against Carlow and Wicklow and the difference in coaching and S&C is obvious then but we seem to be so many paces behind Dublin it's bewildering.

All that being said we aren't boxing to our weight and if we have one thing is it's potential given the number of clubs, tradition and commitment within the county. With the right man in charge and a bit of work I think we can get ourselves a permanent spot at the top table at the very least.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Quote from: Hound on May 15, 2022, 08:11:26 PM
I didn't see the attendance figures on the big screen, but must be close to 40,000 there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

full moon

Why was Jordan Morris sent off for just pushing Gannon the Dublin player? Extremely harsh.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hound on May 15, 2022, 08:11:26 PM
I didn't see the attendance figures on the big screen, but must be close to 40,000 there.  Not too bad for two fixtures with two very warm favourites.

Dubs were excellent in the first half. Ridiculous score of 1-17 out of 19 scoring chances.
Obviously caveated with Meath not being good.

Second half was actually an even affair, but can't read much into that.

Kildare looked good from an attacking viewpoint, but mediocre defensively. Of course Dubs are no great shakes defensively either. Leinster final should be interesting.

The big screen gave an attendance figure of something over 38,000.

Very good performance from the Dubs today and their hit rate from shots was phenomenal. It has to be said of course that Meath were very poor today.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

thejuice

Quote from: full moon on May 15, 2022, 10:41:31 PM
Why was Jordan Morris sent off for just pushing Gannon the Dublin player? Extremely harsh.

Thought both sending offs were harsh but obviously meant nothing on the day but will hurt us in the qualifiers.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Quote from: full moon on May 15, 2022, 10:41:31 PM
Ridiculous and pointless act by Morris. Completely off the ball and right under the nose of the linesman.

Captain Scarlet

No clue where Kildare are. Like I was never worried we would lose but we conceded a lot and were very open down the middle. That is something we have not got a handle on all year. There is no defensive shape.

Dublin leaked a bit too in fairness and I do think our forwards could cause them trouble and neither defence is really up to it these days.

It should be good for the neutrals and can see a big scoreline.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.