The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

2pts from 1st 4 home games. just saying. ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Minus15

Couldn't understand why Cole was used ahead of Borini. Thought we finished the game poorly and the subs made us weaker rather than stronger. Suso was doing rightly. Sahin had a poor outing.

GalwayBayBoy

I'll say this about Stoke. I think they'd actually do fairly well in the Heineken Cup.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 07, 2012, 04:57:16 PM
You will be shocked to hear Liverpool dominated a game but couldn't put the ball in the opposition's net for love nor money. And hit the post 3 times of course.

Lord give me strength.

After last season Brendan Rodgers or the owners should have improved Liverpool's strike force instead they stuck with Suárez and let Carroll,Bellamy go.

el_cuervo_fc

Yet again you live up to your username. Do you do it on purpose?

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 07, 2012, 05:10:18 PM
After last season Brendan Rodgers or the owners should have improved Liverpool's strike force instead they stuck with Suárez and let Carroll,Bellamy go.

tyroneboi

Tony Baloney

Ultimately harming the club as refs will continue to give f**k all.

EC Unique

Liverpool fans wonder why he does not get deserved penalties...

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on October 08, 2012, 09:49:06 AM
Liverpool fans wonder why he does not get deserved penalties...

I actually don't think we do wonder. Every time it happens we say it's because of his stupid diving. The ridiculous thing about this one was he was clipped, and tried to stay up, caught himself by bracing his hands on the ground. Then you could nearly see him saying, shit I better go down here, and flopping from there.

Sublime to the Ridiculous with Suarez, and very little stops in between.

blewuporstuffed

the dive from suarez was nothing short of embarrassing.
as usual on motd2 though they focused on that and how he should get a ban rather than Huths shocking stamp on him. surely that is more deserving of a ban?
that is typical of the attitude towards suarez in the media.
Saying that though he is doing himself and the club no favours with the diving and theatrics, something i hate to see from any player.
the dive def deserved a booking as did Bales in the spurs game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

orangeman

Brendan Rodgers on a charm offensive with the fans after the match.

He's seriously under pressure now.

7 games  - 6 points.

Nothing's changed for the Reds.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 08, 2012, 10:17:42 AM
the dive from suarez was nothing short of embarrassing.
as usual on motd2 though they focused on that and how he should get a ban rather than Huths shocking stamp on him. surely that is more deserving of a ban?
that is typical of the attitude towards suarez in the media.
Saying that though he is doing himself and the club no favours with the diving and theatrics, something i hate to see from any player.
the dive def deserved a booking as did Bales in the spurs game

Saurez isn't helping himself but the reality is he was taken out sveral times by different Stoke players and just about got frees and the Huth stamp was a disgrace.  I have to say I am concerned about what is happening at the minute and the long term effect it will have on Saurez, I reckon he will be gone by the summer because of the media campaign against him.  Barca will come in with a bid and he will be gone.

Bingo

Firstly, I hate to see diving and Suraez no exception, he doesn't need to do it. He can barely get a free when he is assulted (last week V Norwich), so diving won't win him anything. And each should be judged on its own merit.

Pulis played a blinder yesterday after the game, only thing he'd talk about is the Dive and wrote the headlines there and then. Nothing about the stamp or what went on before or after the dive where the stoke players tried to kick anything in red. Just a shame the ball wasn't red as they might have tried kicking it for a while.

Billys Boots

Tony Pulis is one smart cookie - while the other bigmouths have won their managers-of-the-month awards and kept their sides in the top league for a year or two, this guy has done the business for Stoke (in the Premier League) since 2008. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

wildrover

Quote from: Bingo on October 08, 2012, 10:55:56 AM
Firstly, I hate to see diving and Suraez no exception, he doesn't need to do it. He can barely get a free when he is assulted (last week V Norwich), so diving won't win him anything. And each should be judged on its own merit.

Pulis played a blinder yesterday after the game, only thing he'd talk about is the Dive and wrote the headlines there and then. Nothing about the stamp or what went on before or after the dive where the stoke players tried to kick anything in red. Just a shame the ball wasn't red as they might have tried kicking it for a while.

Don't mean to hijack your Liverpool thread but thought the exact same thing about Pardew's interview after the Utd game yesterday...By citing the Van Persie incident (my reading of that was that Van Persie was making sure Cabaye wasnt going to check his run) as his main talking point he deflected attention from a) A 3-0 home defeat against a team many thought were going to be there for the taking b) Cheik Tiote's stamp on Tom Cleverly in first half which deserves a retrospective ban....

Sterling looks like the real deal for Liverpool...