Rugby world cup 2015

Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

AZOffaly

I'd say the English players are delighted alright. thanks for nothing Matt.

thejuice

Meh, hardly anything really offensive about that video really but it's not that funny either.

That said if I were the NZ captain or coach I wouldn't hesitate to make use of it as motivation.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Can you pin a You Tube video to a dressing room wall? :)

Walter Cronc

David Campese stood kicking the ball to himself many's a time when the rest of his Australia team mates faced the haka.

Why should sides have to show New Zealand respect?? This is the nation who plunders the pacific islanders for their best talent year in year out.

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 18, 2015, 12:53:44 PM
David Campese stood kicking the ball to himself many's a time when the rest of his Australia team mates faced the haka.

Why should sides have to show New Zealand respect?? This is the nation who plunders the pacific islanders for their best talent year in year out.

why not show respect?

for me its one of the great sights in sport. If I was playing against the All Blacks, the haka would have me fired up. Have many former international players come out against the haka ? I cant recall reading any

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 18, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
The aussies used to just ignore it.

Also you will notice that Aussie players and coaches never refer to the "All-Blacks", only New Zealand.  This is a conscious thing to avoid creating an aura around them: treat them as just another team/country.

Contrast our gang with "If we don't beat France we should pack our bags and go home" routine.

/Jim

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on September 18, 2015, 01:34:51 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 18, 2015, 12:53:44 PM

why not show respect?

for me its one of the great sights in sport. If I was playing against the All Blacks, the haka would have me fired up. Have many former international players come out against the haka ? I cant recall reading any

The Aussies aren't fans of it but that's the aussies. I just don't think we should be subjected to it. Just my opinion.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 18, 2015, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 18, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
The aussies used to just ignore it.

Also you will notice that Aussie players and coaches never refer to the "All-Blacks", only New Zealand.  This is a conscious thing to avoid creating an aura around them: treat them as just another team/country.

Contrast our gang with "If we don't beat France we should pack our bags and go home" routine.

/Jim

Nail on the head!! Even if we do get over France we'll face a Argentina side on the rise!!

dec

I think the main Rugby World Cup should be reduced to 16 teams (4 groups of 4, Q/F,S/F,F). This would get rid a week of the tournament and stop teams having to play two games withing four days. Then there should also be an 8 team tournament run at the same time for the next best 8 (2 groups of four, S/F, F) with those games played as double headers with games in the main tournament. The winner of the secondary competition gets entry into the next World Cup.

This would get rid of the weakest team in each group, and the one sided games that happen, it shortens the tournament and allows the weaker countries to play teams at their own level.

nrico2006

The opposition should be able to do what they want with regard the Haka, that rule to prevent teams from going towards the New Zealand team is farcical.  It is nothing to do with the game and shouldn't have regulations in place to support it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2015, 02:14:54 PM
The opposition should be able to do what they want with regard the Haka, that rule to prevent teams from going towards the New Zealand team is farcical.  It is nothing to do with the game and shouldn't have regulations in place to support it.

NZ are the 'Moneyball' for the game so basically I would say what ever they say goes.

As for the reduction of teams, the world cup is being used as a way of growing the game in the 'Non-Colonial' parts of the globe. So that reduction is not going to happen any time soon.

Rossie11

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2015, 02:14:54 PM

+
Spot on.. only reason it has regulations is because its the All blacks. Let them do it in the dressing room like every other teams psych up ritual.

50fiftyball

Anyone propose an accumulator for the weekend's games?  :P ;D

highorlow

England,
Tonga,
Ireland,
South Africa,
France,
Samoa,
Wales,
New Zealand,

All to win is a good bet at 4/6