Dundalk FC

Started by T Fearon, September 29, 2016, 10:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Great effort again tonight against zenit. A couple of individual errors cost Dundalk again but to lose 2-1 home and away to one of the favourites for the competition they can definitely hold their heads high. They have done themselves and the league credit again in Europe.
nil satis nisi optimum

rodney trotter

They are well capable of winning the last 2 games. Quality goal from Horgan.

T Fearon

laoislad

Terrible f**k up for the 2nd goal. Unlucky then hitting the bar a bit later. They've been excellent though.  Still have a good chance to qualify though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

yellowcard

Thought before the match that tonight might be a big scoreline but Dundalk performed brilliantly again and still have it all to play for. Indeed they hit the woodwork twice and conceded two sloppy goals. If they can get at least a draw at home to Alkmaar and hope that Zenit don't down tools now that they've qualified, then they will go to Tel Aviv with it all to play for in the last match.

tyssam5

What kind of remuneration are the Dundalk players on - any full time or all part time?

Jim_Murphy_74

Lots to play for.  Potential to qualify from group still there.

Plus there is €120,000 on offer for every point gained.  To put in perspective, the prize money for winning the Eirtricity Premier League is €110,000.

/Jim.

brokencrossbar1

The craic is Man U are looking for Kenny to replace Maureen but he ain't interested...wants to stay with a team that's going somewhere 😂

Esmarelda

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 03, 2016, 08:42:51 PM
What kind of remuneration are the Dundalk players on - any full time or all part time?
Not 100% on all of them. Some are semi-pro. McMillan, for example, is an architect but only works about 20-25 hours per week.

ciaraa

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 04, 2016, 10:14:43 AM
Not 100% on all of them. Some are semi-pro. McMillan, for example, is an architect but only works about 20-25 hours per week.

I think even the lads that are 'pro' wouldn't exactly be making much money on it although I suppose getting paid anything for playing ball is great.

As an aside, are these the only Irish lads seeing euro game time this season? Most of the Irish that play for Brit teams aren't in euro competitions - only one I can think of is Shane Long?

rodney trotter

Quote from: ciaraa on November 04, 2016, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 04, 2016, 10:14:43 AM

I think even the lads that are 'pro' wouldn't exactly be making much money on it although I suppose getting paid anything for playing ball is great.

As an aside, are these the only Irish lads seeing euro game time this season? Most of the Irish that play for Brit teams aren't in euro competitions - only one I can think of is Shane Long?

The pro players are only paid for the duration of the season , 40 weeks.. They have to either sign on or get temporary work when the season finishes. 4 month lay off, season starts in March.

Dundalk will probably be able to offer them a contract for the full 12 month,s after the financial lift from the European run.

Think Eoghan O Connell is in Celtics champions league Squad.

Ed Ricketts

Great result for da town tonight in Moldova.

A home win against some boys from the Faroe Islands away from another go at the group stages. And €3million, which would be handy in the circumstances.

Those Faroes lads won 6-1 tonight though, so can't be bad.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

SHEEDY

Brillant result, watched extra time and the penalties and dundalk were well worth the win. Massive result.
nil satis nisi optimum

Baile Brigín 2

They got absolutely humiliated tonight.

Red hot favourites for Thursday but that was wojus.

An Watcher

Had they their strongest team on considering the amount at stake on Thursday and was the league not more or less over anyway?