RTE on Freeview

Started by Lazer, December 13, 2010, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Just posted what was told to me Fionntamhnach . Thought it may have been of use to someone.
Either way im not concerned as i have perfect recption on all those channels

Eddie Stobart

I noticed I now have RTE Player on my PS3 home screen

tbrick18

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 14, 2010, 01:40:33 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on December 14, 2010, 08:52:05 AM
My dad recently bought a new tv with built in freeview....and RTE is actaully recieved on the digital channels. I can only get an analogue signal though.

If you dont mind me asking what tv did he buy?

I dont know exactly what model but it was a new Samsung. I bought a Samsung about Febuary this year but the one he bought seems to have been upgraded since mine, though it was around the same price.

johnneycool

Bloody typical, we'll miss out and yet the steel rods up in Greyabbey will have full access. Those feckin Mourne mountains.

Ulick

Can they really get it to that degree of accuracy? That's saying I won't be able to get it in Rosetta but someone a few hundred yards away on the Ormeau, Saintfield and Castlereagh roads can.

armaghniac

These maps are generated from elevation data in a GIS, they should be fairly accurate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theskull1

Just to be clear ...this mpeg4 isn't it so most of the freeview decoders/TVs in the north won't pick up the signal?

Is that right?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Ulick

Quote from: theskull1 on February 25, 2011, 03:23:30 PM
Just to be clear ...this mpeg4 isn't it so most of the freeview decoders/TVs in the north won't pick up the signal?

Is that right?

It'll pick up the signal but won't be able to decode it. If your box/telly isn't compatible, you'll probably see a fuzzy screen when it hits the signal

Ulick

Quote from: armaghniac on February 25, 2011, 02:56:57 PM
These maps are generated from elevation data in a GIS, they should be fairly accurate.

Fecks sake. Don't see why they can't just broadcast of Divis mountain like TG4.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: theskull1 on February 25, 2011, 03:23:30 PM

Is that right?

you will just have a blank screen although you will get audio.
alot of the higher end sets are mpeg4 compatible such as sony and panasonic but i know a few cheaper brands have mpeg4 in there newer models.

armaghniac

QuoteFecks sake. Don't see why they can't just broadcast of Divis mountain like TG4.

perhaps because they don't own it?

Quotealot of the higher end sets are mpeg4 compatible such as sony and panasonic but i know a few cheaper brands have mpeg4 in there newer models.

Most decent sets in the last year or so are mpeg4 capable, any set or box designed for Freeeview HD will probably work.  Panasonic and Phillips are known for setting up their sets differently for different markets, crippling some features. Samsung and LG etc. basically produce one model for Europe, which does everything. 

http://www.saortv.info/  is informative.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ulick

Quote from: armaghniac on February 25, 2011, 04:51:12 PM
perhaps because they don't own it?

Neither did TG4 the last time I checked.

Malvinas

I got an aeriel on the roof in January to get a better freeview reception.

At the time fella said i could pay another £100 for an rte aeriel which probably wouldnt work (house in south belfast) or i could wait six months when id get rte through freeview.

Six months nearly up but havent heard anything in news about extended saorview to north.

Anybody else hear anything?
"It was a bit of handbags stuff. I suppose the cameras caught it?"

Newbridge Exile

Picked up RTE/TV3 recently via freeview on my BTvision box, I only get the RTE Radio stations on another freeview tv I have in the house ,

J OGorman

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 10, 2011, 07:10:32 AM
Picked up RTE/TV3 recently via freeview on my BTvision box, I only get the RTE Radio stations on another freeview tv I have in the house ,

you getting the sport on rte HD Newbridge? Magners League Final, CL Final, GAA on free HD, what a treat