FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamboo

Lads,

Does anyone know for certain where the away match in Andorra will be played? I'm getting conflicting info stating that its either in Andorra or Barcelona.

AQMP

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 27, 2011, 10:12:58 PM
Any links to the tweets alleging a high profile irish player has been playing away from home and has taken out a super-injunction?

I'd think you'd best go to the Twitter site for info on tweets?  It has a search function.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bamboo on June 28, 2011, 04:03:17 PM
Lads,

Does anyone know for certain where the away match in Andorra will be played? I'm getting conflicting info stating that its either in Andorra or Barcelona.

The "wee" ground beside the Nou Camp.
Tbc....

AZOffaly

That's Espanyol's ground I think. I often think they must be pissed off to be beside the camp Nou.

bamboo

I know that sometimes Andorra play their "bigger" games in the little "nou camp" but people have been suggestimng that they're trying to play more and more in their home stadium which holds about 1,200 people and is a 3hr bus ride from the nearest airport!!

GDA, is that official info or just a hunch? Looking to plan a trip but not knowing the exact venue is making it a bit more troublesome. Done Paris, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Germany in the last few years so would like to add barcelona to that list.

No1

No official word yet, they don't have to decide until 60 days before the game I think.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2011, 04:15:36 PM
That's Espanyol's ground I think. I often think they must be pissed off to be beside the camp Nou.

Espanyol have a brand new 40,000+ seater stadium opened in 2009.
Before that they played in the Olympic stadium,maybe before that they played in the stadium beside the Nou Camp I dunno, but they were in the Olympic Stadium from around '96 or '97 onwards till 2009
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bamboo on June 28, 2011, 04:30:59 PM
I know that sometimes Andorra play their "bigger" games in the little "nou camp" but people have been suggestimng that they're trying to play more and more in their home stadium which holds about 1,200 people and is a 3hr bus ride from the nearest airport!!

GDA, is that official info or just a hunch? Looking to plan a trip but not knowing the exact venue is making it a bit more troublesome. Done Paris, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Germany in the last few years so would like to add barcelona to that list.

Mate of mine living in Spain trying to get a few of us over for the match and as far as he's aware the match is in the "little" nou camp.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

New FIFA world rankings out today, Ireland should move up a good few places, 4 matches (3 techniquely competitive - cup involved and the other one against Italy), 4 wins and no goals conceded.
Should help to put Ireland into pot 2 for the World cup qualifer draw next month.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Bogball XV

Quote from: AQMP on June 28, 2011, 04:08:28 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 27, 2011, 10:12:58 PM
Any links to the tweets alleging a high profile irish player has been playing away from home and has taken out a super-injunction?

I'd think you'd best go to the Twitter site for info on tweets?  It has a search function.
I'd tried that, although tbh, in terms of suits etc, I think gaaboard would be well down the list in terms of coming after it.  It think it's hosted in the US anyway, so there's basically fcuk all chance that a 'world wide super-injunction' would have too much weight in a US court room, especially when they read the actual legislation and see how it has been abused by these celebrities and how valuable court time has been wasted with this bullshit.

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on June 28, 2011, 08:22:10 PM

Espanyol have a brand new 40,000+ seater stadium opened in 2009.
Before that they played in the Olympic stadium,maybe before that they played in the stadium beside the Nou Camp I dunno, but they were in the Olympic Stadium from around '96 or '97 onwards till 2009

Before using the Olympic Stadium, Espanyol played at the Estadi de Sarria, which was the venue for the famous Italy 3 Brazil 2 game in the 1982 World Cup.  The site was sold and the stadium demolished in 1997.

Applesisapples

The Stadium beside the Nou Camp is Barca's second pitch where the second's play and it holds 40,000

red hander

I think Andorra have played all their games in this qualifying series in their own, tiny stadium, about 1200 capacity, so tickets will be extremely tight.  I can't see it being changed.  Was looking at Barcelona for this, but after the shenanigans with Slovakia, where a lot of boys (myself included) booked Vienna for Bratislava (big ground) only for the game to go to Zilina (small ground), the doubt over the venue (and the tickets) is a pain in the hole.  We went to Zilina from Vienna without tickets but by pure chance managed to get into the game.

ballinaman

I think it all depends on how the games with Russia and Slovakia go, if we are still in with a shout of qualification, I've heard that it will definitely be moved to Barcelona.