FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: bingobus on May 25, 2010, 02:21:26 PM
Good to see young Duffy will be ok.

Sunday night we had a Junior game and I'd be over the team. Brother playing midfield and right at end of game he takes an almighty shoulder charge in the back from a lad trying to drive him over the line. He's struggling for air but goes back out to finish game. Back in the dressing room and he's in a heap in the corner and struggling to breath. I get him in car and drive to the DOC-on-call service in the town, him near passing out on car, get him in and the Doc is straight onto the ambulance to come.

All I could think off is the Duffy fella from Friday. Was scary stuff.

He actually punctured his lung and they put a tube in his side on Sunday and he's still in hospital but shows how easy these things happen.

No fun that. Hope he is alright.
MWWSI 2017

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 28, 2010, 11:10:33 PM
The Dad of the seperated twins was a special guest at tonights game.

Did anyone from team England come over to lookat Algeria?  I wonder would it be worth a punt that the England Algeria game will be a draw?

Capello's assistant was at it.

Main Street

Algeria had half their team out there and will likely be a different proposition in the Finals.
Though it is no wonder that they have had problems with receiving 2 and 3 red cards in important competitive games.

It was an easy enough win. Whelan and Lawrence looked exhausted but kept plugging away. St Ledger with each game looks every bit a good centre half. O'Dea  took his chance ok. He is still quite raw but if he keeps plugging away he will make a good enough CH.
Green impressed again, he just has that rare football intelligence to fit in to an international team as if he had been playing for years with them. Surely he will replace Miller in the squad.
We have a team who will be pushing hard to top their Euro qual group. There will be no talk of  'finishing runners up will be an achievement'.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2010, 02:27:29 PM
Algeria had half their team out there and will likely be a different proposition in the Finals.
Though it is no wonder that they have had problems with receiving 2 and 3 red cards in important competitive games.

It was an easy enough win. Whelan and Lawrence looked exhausted but kept plugging away. St Ledger with each game looks every bit a good centre half. O'Dea  took his chance ok. He is still quite raw but if he keeps plugging away he will make a good enough CH.
Green impressed again, he just has that rare football intelligence to fit in to an international team as if he had been playing for years with them. Surely he will replace Miller in the squad.
We have a team who will be pushing hard to top their Euro qual group. There will be no talk of  'finishing runners up will be an achievement'.
fairly crap group really. If Ireland can't qualify out of that group they can pack it up.

Main Street

Fairly crap, in relative terms. Russia are about the weakest of the first seeds and Slovakia are weak 2nd seeds.
Russia have a better team than us and are warm enough favourites to go through.
I'd agree that, coming into the group as mid ranking 3rd seeds, we have the best chance to top a group since the '88 Euros.

stiffler

Trapattoni names squad for Argentina
Tuesday, 27 July 2010 17:14

Republic of Ireland manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, has named a near full strength squad to face Argentina in the first international game in the Aviva Stadium on 11 August.

Goalkeeper Shay Given is named in the squad, following his recovery from a dislocated shoulder, while the likes of Damien Duff, Richard Dunne, Robbie Keane and Keith Doyle are all included.

The squad also features eleven players who took part in the summer training camp in May with Cillian Sheridan joining the up with Trapattoni's men after the Under 21 game against Estonia on 10 August.

Giovanni Trapattoni said: 'It will be a special occasion for everyone to be involved in the first ever game in Aviva stadium and Argentina will be a test for our players.

'The game comes at a crucial time in our preparation for the European Championship qualifying campaign and we must use it to strengthen our squad for the opening qualifiers against Armenia and Andorra in September.'

Republic of Ireland squad to play Argentina in the Aviva Stadium on 11 August: Shay Given, Keiren Westwood, Joe Murphy, John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Greg Cunningham, Kevin Foley, Marc Wilson, Stephen Kelly, Paul McShane, Darren O'Dea, Kevin Kilbane, Keith Andrews, Glenn Whelan, Darron Gibson, Paul Green, Liam Lawrence, Aiden McGeady, Ande Keogh, Damien Duff, Keith Fahey, Keith Treacy, Cillian Sheridan, Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle, Caleb Folan, Shane Long

Good to see Wilson named in the squad. Would be a great occasion to make his debut.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

muppet

Is James McCarthy injured or does Trapp not rate him?
MWWSI 2017

Declan

QuoteIs James McCarthy injured or does Trapp not rate him?

It's because he didn't go to the training camp at the end of last season. He's quotes as saying that he had to give the lads who did turn up a chance

"If you were me, what would you do?" asked the Italian yesterday. "Tell Fahey and Green: 'You came and played well but now I'm calling McCarthy'. No. we are building step by step. These two players did well and now they have the chance to show that they can do it again."

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stiffler on July 27, 2010, 05:29:44 PM

Republic of Ireland manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, has named a near full strength squad to face Argentina in the first international game in the Aviva Stadium on 11 August.

Goalkeeper Shay Given is named in the squad, following his recovery from a dislocated shoulder, while the likes of Damien Duff, Richard Dunne, Robbie Keane and Keith Doyle are all included.

The squad also features eleven players who took part in the summer training camp in May with Cillian Sheridan joining the up with Trapattoni's men after the Under 21 game against Estonia on 10 August.

Giovanni Trapattoni said: 'It will be a special occasion for everyone to be involved in the first ever game in Aviva stadium and Argentina will be a test for our players.

'The game comes at a crucial time in our preparation for the European Championship qualifying campaign and we must use it to strengthen our squad for the opening qualifiers against Armenia and Andorra in September.'

Republic of Ireland squad to play Argentina in the Aviva Stadium on 11 August: Shay Given, Keiren Westwood, Joe Murphy, John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Greg Cunningham, Kevin Foley, Marc Wilson, Stephen Kelly, Paul McShane, Darren O'Dea, Kevin Kilbane, Keith Andrews, Glenn Whelan, Darron Gibson, Paul Green, Liam Lawrence, Aiden McGeady, Ande Keogh, Damien Duff, Keith Fahey, Keith Treacy, Cillian Sheridan, Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle, Caleb Folan, Shane Long

Good to see Wilson named in the squad. Would be a great occasion to make his debut.

Just got my ticket. North stand block 135 row c...Right behind the nets in the smaller stand

You going?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stiffler

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 28, 2010, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: stiffler on July 27, 2010, 05:29:44 PM

Just got my ticket. North stand block 135 row c...Right behind the nets in the smaller stand

You going?

Thats you in the singing section big son!

yeah heading down to it, should be a good 1. Know of any good drinking establishments pre game?

gerrykeegan

Slatterys in Beggards bush is very good. I think we are planning to go in and sample the Aviva pints, they have been going on about it for a while
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

stiffler

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 28, 2010, 09:43:51 PM
Slatterys in Beggards bush is very good. I think we are planning to go in and sample the Aviva pints, they have been going on about it for a while

would it not be plastic glasses? thats a nightmare if it is. whats their brew?

gerrykeegan

its more to see whats its like to be honest I assume it will be pricey and more than likely will be going back to the beggars bush for future games
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

tyroneboi

I seen today Sam Allardyce said that he will manage at club level for another 2 years before looking for a national team management role. I can just see it now 'Big Sam' rolling into Dublin looking the Irish job after Trap leaves his post (hopefully after taking part in Euro 2012).

Declan

Some tickets available on Ticketmaster today for the Argie game. Just got the cheapest one for €40