Wolves
Sheffield Wed
Leicester
Notts Forest
Other than above
Scunthorpe Utd
Do not follow or Care!

laoislad

Maybe you were just going through your moody teenager years when the whole world seemed against you and things were akward and your body was changing and maybe it's a bad time and you'd rather not remember it???
Or maybe your right who knows ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2007, 07:36:53 PM
Maybe you were just going through your moody teenager years when the whole world seemed against you and things were akward and your body was changing and maybe it's a bad time and you'd rather not remember it???
Or maybe your right who knows ;D ;D

I was too square to be moody !

more awkward these days ...obviously...

who was the boss at liverpool when they refused to play my fave world player litmaenen?
Was it Evans or houllier?

laoislad

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2007, 08:57:11 PM
Houllier >:(

Houllier lost the plot in the end, but he did bring in a few trophies and did beat United five times in a row, so it wasn't all bad under him. The climax to that treble season was amazing! The two exciting cup wins, the last minute win over Everton courtesy of McAllister's 40 yeard free, hammering Charlton (a decent side at the time) away on the last day to secure Champions League football for the first time...

Much of the football was brutal though!

laoislad

Hound

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 04, 2007, 07:31:51 PM
I cannot rem back then regarding the details
but I was hardly looking to dislike them
so there must have been a reason- or reasons

prob the selling of houhton the best in the game at that position to be replaced by the inneffectual mcmanaman
and the sidelining of staunton for the rubbish burrows

I dont have to prove why I thought that
if you cant trust your own opinion what can you trust

I know what you lads are saying and respect that- including hound
but it cannot be proven either way unless you get souness to admit to that - which is highly unlikely

but you cannot rubbish my opinion with what has been said.

sorry lads, the opinion was formed at the time and I fully believe what I thought then.

to make matters worse I hated beardsley and barnes playing for liverpool.
I was a fan of barnsey at watford but he and many others were not 'liverpool players' imo
I was only dealing in facts not opinion. Nowhere did I state that Burrows was better than Staunton.  but previous, but you clearly have no clue that Kenny Dalglish bought Burrows because he wasnt happy with Stan at left back. There are no facts to back up an anti-Irish agenda on behalf on Souness. Whether they were the right decisions or not there were football reasons for selling Houghton and Staunton. If he was anti-Irish why did he continue to play Whelan when he was available? Your earlier post said you remember there were other Irish players he didnt play, and yet they were no other Irish players in the first team squad at that time!

In fairness, saying you hated Beardsley and Barnes when they were at Liverpool and they were not "Liverpool players" shows what a low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC (both players played a huge part in Liverpool winning 2 titles in 3 years and both were wonderful attacking players during those years). So its no surprise you're ignorant re the selection and transfer policies of Souness.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hound on January 05, 2007, 08:02:29 AM

prob the selling of houhton the best in the game at that position to be replaced by the inneffectual mcmanaman

but it cannot be proven either way unless you get souness to admit to that - which is highly unlikely

sorry lads, the opinion was formed at the time and I fully believe what I thought then.

I was a fan of barnsey at watford but he and many others were not 'liverpool players' imo
I was only dealing in facts not opinion. Nowhere did I state that Burrows was better than Staunton.  but previous, but you clearly have no clue that Kenny Dalglish bought Burrows because he wasnt happy with Stan at left back. There are no facts to back up an anti-Irish agenda on behalf on Souness. Whether they were the right decisions or not there were football reasons for selling Houghton and Staunton. If he was anti-Irish why did he continue to play Whelan when he was available? Your earlier post said you remember there were other Irish players he didnt play, and yet they were no other Irish players in the first team squad at that time!

In fairness, saying you hated Beardsley and Barnes when they were at Liverpool and they were not "Liverpool players" shows what a low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC (both players played a huge part in Liverpool winning 2 titles in 3 years and both were wonderful attacking players during those years). So its no surprise you're ignorant re the selection and transfer policies of Souness.

and you have no 'facts' to back up your opinion that souness was not anti Irish

thats it in a nutshell
my opinions are down to the fact I cannot recall transfers at the time in or out.
Also that you rubbish my knowledge of liverpool FC by castigating my opinions on barnes and beardsley
the crux here is that I have a 'low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC '  ...
did you actually watch Liverpool from 1975 up until the introduction of barnes and beardsley?
they stuck out like a sore thumb at the time and again I recall discussing with a few liverpool fans at the time who agreed that they did not fit into the then traditional liverpool style (although everyone was happy when they were bought as they were good players elsewhere).
Shows you dont know hee-haw about liverpool or did not understand the club and its football prior to that Barnes and beardsley era.
Yer just a bandwagon jumper!
:D

Dinny Breen

Lads, Lynchbhoy is a stubborn bollox, he'll never back down...
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Come on now LB the bigger man isn't afraid to admit when he's got it terribly wrong. ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 05, 2007, 12:14:24 PM
Come on now LB the bigger man isn't afraid to admit when he's got it terribly wrong. ;)

I'm a petty little fcuker with chips on both shoulders and am never wrong im my opinions ! :o

J70

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 09:31:00 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 05, 2007, 08:02:29 AM

thats it in a nutshell
my opinions are down to the fact I cannot recall transfers at the time in or out.
Also that you rubbish my knowledge of liverpool FC by castigating my opinions on barnes and beardsley
the crux here is that I have a 'low level of knowledge you have about Liverpool FC '  ...
did you actually watch Liverpool from 1975 up until the introduction of barnes and beardsley?
they stuck out like a sore thumb at the time and again I recall discussing with a few liverpool fans at the time who agreed that they did not fit into the then traditional liverpool style (although everyone was happy when they were bought as they were good players elsewhere).
Shows you dont know hee-haw about liverpool or did not understand the club and its football prior to that Barnes and beardsley era.

Barnes and Beardesley "stuck out like a sore thumb"? Did you happen to watch Liverpool in the late eighties? That was probably the most entertaining and one of the best Liverpools team ever, and had they not been out of Europe because of Heysel, they would very probably have added another European Cup to the list.Things went arseways in the aftermath of Hillsborough, but I never heard any Liverpool supporter complaining before that. Dalglish changed the style of play when Rush left, allowing him to buy Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes, and most people loved it. Their dismantling of a very strong Forest team in a 5-0 win at Anfield is still talked about as one of the most complete peformances in an English league game.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: J70 on January 05, 2007, 01:28:50 PM

Barnes and Beardesley "stuck out like a sore thumb"? Did you happen to watch Liverpool in the late eighties? That was probably the most entertaining and one of the best Liverpools team ever, and had they not been out of Europe because of Heysel, they would very probably have added another European Cup to the list.Things went arseways in the aftermath of Hillsborough, but I never heard any Liverpool supporter complaining before that. Dalglish changed the style of play when Rush left, allowing him to buy Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes, and most people loved it. Their dismantling of a very strong Forest team in a 5-0 win at Anfield is still talked about as one of the most complete peformances in an English league game.

I know - I dont mean to be controversial
myself and a few lads in engerland shared this opinion though.
the team went from a machine with all parts equal and working well toghether - to being a decent side with a few outstanding individual talents, but overall the team were not as tight or good as before.
I suppose nothing lasts and it was just obv that the likes of barnes and Beardsley were more individualistic than the men that preceeded them - inc Dalglish

was this team as good as prev...thats up to everyone for opinion
but the newer side were prob more spectacular.

I still preferred the old model though !

magpie seanie

Lynchboy is wrong about Souness but he is right about Beardsley and Barnes. The change to playing attractive attacking football just was not Liverpool.

Hound

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 09:31:00 AM

thats it in a nutshell
I have totally backed up with facts that he was not anti-Irish while he managed Liverpool. He played Houghton for a whole season and didnt sell him until McManaman had established himself. Why would someone who was anti-Irish play an Irishman? Why did he play Whelan so much if he was anti-Irish?

In any event you are the one who alleged he was racist with no facts or evidence to back it up, and you have been beaten to a pulp in this argument!

Loser!

I don't for one minute believe you were a real Liverpool supporter. Perhaps a glory-hunting follower at one stage. But no true supporter would believe that Souness was anti-Irish, because they'd have the knowledge to know otherwise. And certainly no true supporter would give up being a fan just because they'd a crap manager for 2 and a half seasons.

The "sore thumb" bit is hilarious. I wish they'd a few more "sore thumbs" now.

Beardsley was the perfect successor to Dalglish. Obviously not quite as good, but the best around in that position at that time - created buckets of goals for Aldo just as Kenny had for Rushie. And Barnsey was a similar player to Steve Heighway, bombing down the left wing. Except Barnes was better at beating players and scored more goals. And funnily both only rarely produced their club form at international level.

laoislad

Now Now Hound there is such a thing as a good winner ;)