UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 01, 2019, 08:19:15 AM
The ulster championship is criticised for being the most defensive and on average last year there was 34.5 points scored per game. That would be ahead of the average for most ulster championships for the last 100 years. Football is as high scoring as ever. Still not as high scoring as hurling where the ball is pumped 80 metres at a time with most players not involved.

Shots fired

RedHand88

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 01, 2019, 08:19:15 AM
The ulster championship is criticised for being the most defensive and on average last year there was 34.5 points scored per game. That would be ahead of the average for most ulster championships for the last 100 years. Football is as high scoring as ever. Still not as high scoring as hurling where the ball is pumped 80 metres at a time with most players not involved.

No fitness in hurling, sure the ball does all the work. What's the point of the full forward line when players are able to hit it over from midfield?
Pile of teams playing each other in a round robin, Galway favourites in the "Leinster" championship, and most of them qualify anyway!  :P

dec

No Derry man in the picture?

Captain Obvious

twohands!!!

Quote from: dec on May 01, 2019, 04:45:53 PM
No Derry man in the picture?

There's a cheap gag about not even bothering to show up to be made, but I'm above that kind of thing. ;)

trailer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 01, 2019, 06:06:22 PM
Fair play to BBC.

Wha? The coverage is an embarrassment and anyone with a backbone who works there should resign in protest at there piss poor GAA coverage. This is a corporation that sends that ballbag Stephen Watson all over the world to follow any half successful OWC sportsperson, but can't cover the largest sport in the North.
Sidebottom, Niblock and Kane should show a bit of steel.

didlyi

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2019, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2019, 06:37:12 PM
I presume they want to show entertaining games  ;)
Not 45 throws followed by 55 more and so on and on and on....

Perhaps I'm biased because Mayo actually won the bloody league, but I thought the football league final entertainment far exceeded the hurling counterpart.

Who cares about the league. Seriously your at the bottom of the barrel when the league is used to make a point. Most people have already forgotten Mayo won it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: didlyi on May 01, 2019, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2019, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2019, 06:37:12 PM
I presume they want to show entertaining games  ;)
Not 45 throws followed by 55 more and so on and on and on....

Perhaps I'm biased because Mayo actually won the bloody league, but I thought the football league final entertainment far exceeded the hurling counterpart.

Who cares about the league. Seriously your at the bottom of the barrel when the league is used to make a point. Most people have already forgotten Mayo won it.

That's fair enough, but it's the 'top 8' teams. Hurling championship consists of the top 10 teams. I know 99% of people don't give one iota about the league, but the fact the two games were on the same day,  I expected better from the hurling if I'm honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2019, 10:21:26 PM
Fair play to BBC.

Wha? The coverage is an embarrassment and anyone with a backbone who works there should resign in protest at there piss poor GAA coverage. This is a corporation that sends that ballbag Stephen Watson all over the world to follow any half successful OWC sportsperson, but can't cover the largest sport in the North.

Would you prefer two minute highlights of these games on the Sunday Game with Joe Brolly talking shite?  All I care about is live or full deferred coverage of these games and BBC have stepped up in the regard,

trailer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 01, 2019, 11:27:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2019, 10:21:26 PM
Fair play to BBC.

Would you prefer two minute highlights of these games on the Sunday Game with Joe Brolly talking shite?  All I care about is live or full deferred coverage of these games and BBC have stepped up in the regard,

I prefer in depth live coverage. What the sport is deserving off. There's a direct link between TV stations showing free to air sport and participation.
They should get off their arses, bid for the rights and show the whole f**king Ulster championship. Football and Hurling.
I really expect more from those who work there an "allegedly" support GAA. Time they shit or got off the poe.

stiffler

What live games are on tv this weekend ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Rossfan

Cavan/Monaghan in Sky tonight.
Munster Hurling on RTÉ tomorrow.
6Cos BBC probably showing deferred Armagh v Tyrone (after the watershed)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2019, 03:01:59 PM
6Cos BBC probably showing deferred Armagh v Tyrone (after the watershed)

Armagh v Tyrone would indeed be very much deferred. They are more likely to show Down v Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Ah sure all them Nordies look alike ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2019, 03:28:55 PM
Ah sure all them Nordies look alike ;D

Sure aren't we all descended from Cuchulainn by way of Niall of the Nine Hostages.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B