The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: BennyCake on June 27, 2020, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 27, 2020, 06:12:17 PM
Quote from: supersub on June 27, 2020, 05:31:44 PM
No harm to you that's absolute bollox. Supporters support the club, they are not representing the club. A player or an employee represent the club as they are under the control of the club. Supporters inside a stadium are under control of the club and their responsibility. Some mindless idiots who decide to act the fool in the City centre are not under the control of the club. Yes it absolutely reflects badly on them as supporters but it will not tarnish the league win as was the initial point, nor have a lot to do with the club directly.
no harm to you but that is bollix. Supporters do more than support the club they are an extension of the club. mindless vandalism and descrution caused by Liverpool fans in the city last night reflects on the club hence the statement by Liverpool condemning it.
Why did the club make any statement if it was just mindless idiots and nothing to do with them.
Why did Chelsea ban for life the supporters who racially abused a black man on a train in Paris? Maybe cos they were seen to be representing the club and therefore bringing its name into disrepute 🤔

Because it was the correct and sensible thing to do.

I'm not trying to pin the blame on the club for the fans congregating and clearly flaunting social distancing guidelines etc, but I think the club should have released a statement the night they won the title, telling fans to be sensible, stay at home to celebrate etc. Might not have made much of a difference, but it was definitely worth trying.

They had released several videos from Klopp and Henderson particularly in the week leading up to it asking exactly that, stay at home and support from home. They couldn't have made it much clearer.

They made a statement as they could not very well ignore it could they? That would be a bit stupid. I stand by my point that the league win is not tarnished, and the few mindless idiots do not represent the club or the majority of other supporters for that matter. Of course it's an obscene, stupid thing to do, no one will deny that. However the faux outrage is little more than point scoring.

BennyCake

Fair enough, wasn't aware of the videos.

I'm not criticising the partying because it's Liverpoool fans. I'm criticising it because it's clearly a stupid thing to do in a feckin' pandemic! Just the same as those protests, garden parties and assholes on the beaches.

SHEEDY

Quote from: supersub on June 27, 2020, 07:42:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 27, 2020, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 27, 2020, 06:12:17 PM
Quote from: supersub on June 27, 2020, 05:31:44 PM
No harm to you that's absolute bollox. Supporters support the club, they are not representing the club. A player or an employee represent the club as they are under the control of the club. Supporters inside a stadium are under control of the club and their responsibility. Some mindless idiots who decide to act the fool in the City centre are not under the control of the club. Yes it absolutely reflects badly on them as supporters but it will not tarnish the league win as was the initial point, nor have a lot to do with the club directly.
no harm to you but that is bollix. Supporters do more than support the club they are an extension of the club. mindless vandalism and descrution caused by Liverpool fans in the city last night reflects on the club hence the statement by Liverpool condemning it.
Why did the club make any statement if it was just mindless idiots and nothing to do with them.
Why did Chelsea ban for life the supporters who racially abused a black man on a train in Paris? Maybe cos they were seen to be representing the club and therefore bringing its name into disrepute 🤔

Because it was the correct and sensible thing to do.

I'm not trying to pin the blame on the club for the fans congregating and clearly flaunting social distancing guidelines etc, but I think the club should have released a statement the night they won the title, telling fans to be sensible, stay at home to celebrate etc. Might not have made much of a difference, but it was definitely worth trying.

They had released several videos from Klopp and Henderson particularly in the week leading up to it asking exactly that, stay at home and support from home. They couldn't have made it much clearer.

They made a statement as they could not very well ignore it could they? That would be a bit stupid. I stand by my point that the league win is not tarnished, and the few mindless idiots do not represent the club or the majority of other supporters for that matter. Of course it's an obscene, stupid thing to do, no one will deny that. However the faux outrage is little more than point scoring.
when the mayor tried to suggest Liverpool fans would gather in the city centre and at anfield to celebrate the title win, he was criticised by Liverpool fc, past players and all different supporters groups. We were told Liverpool fans were better than that and would celebrate when the time was right..turns out he was right, but no apology.
Unfortunately it only takes a few dickheads to bring attention to the club and city for all the wrong reasons.

nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

When do ye reckon the trophy presentation will be?
On the pitch after the Cheslea game as it's the last home game of the season or will they do it somewhere else seeing as there will be no crowd that day.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2020, 08:48:40 PM
When do ye reckon the trophy presentation will be?
On the pitch after the Cheslea game as it's the last home game of the season or will they do it somewhere else seeing as there will be no crowd that day.

After the Chelsea game I think they said. Currently scheduled for weekend of July 18th I believe.

supersub

Quote from: BennyCake on June 27, 2020, 08:07:26 PM
Fair enough, wasn't aware of the videos.

I'm not criticising the partying because it's Liverpoool fans. I'm criticising it because it's clearly a stupid thing to do in a feckin' pandemic! Just the same as those protests, garden parties and assholes on the beaches.

No absolutely, you are correct. Second paragraph wasn't directed at you!

Capt Pat

So Liverpool will not be going after Napoli defender Koulibaly after all according to reports on Sky Sports. I rate Koulibaly highly but his price and age are prohibitive in mine and the clubs opinions.

Liverpool may still get a centre half i if Lovren who is nearly 31 leaves. Kouliobaly is 29 and I would like to think that if Liverpool went after another centre half he would be no older than 26.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 30, 2020, 12:11:56 AM
So Liverpool will not be going after Napoli defender Koulibaly after all according to reports on Sky Sports. I rate Koulibaly highly but his price and age are prohibitive in mine and the clubs opinions.

Liverpool may still get a centre half i if Lovren who is nearly 31 leaves. Kouliobaly is 29 and I would like to think that if Liverpool went after another centre half he would be no older than 26.
I read that Liverpool were favourites because they were willing to include Lovren in the deal. Can't see it happening though,would still be too dear and at 29 wouldn't be worth the investment. Gomez also too good and promising to drop. Would prefer a solid backup and replacement for Lovren as Van den berg and Hoever are still a few years away yet.

TabClear

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 30, 2020, 12:32:58 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 30, 2020, 12:11:56 AM

I read that Liverpool were favourites because they were willing to include Lovren in the deal. Can't see it happening though,would still be too dear and at 29 wouldn't be worth the investment. Gomez also too good and promising to drop. Would prefer a solid backup and replacement for Lovren as Van den berg and Hoever are still a few years away yet.

Agree with that. It would be a kick in the balls to Gomez who has been exceptional the past two seasons. When Liverpool pulled away over Christmas/New Year it was mainly down to the run of 8/9 clean sheets on the bounce that coincided with his return to the team.  Sometimes he does not get the credit he deserves because of the brilliance of VVD alongside him but I think he has not finished on a losing premier league game for over two years. He marshalled that team of kids supedbly against Everton in the cup and hopefully he stays around for a few years.

I have high hopes for Hoeevr. NOt so much Van de Berg.

gawa316

Agreed...Gomez & VVD are the best partnership in the league...no need to be tweaking with it. Gomez is only 24, has all the attributes (pace, power, height, on the ball etc.) to become one of the best in the league. If Lovren does go (probably best for his own sanity because of the amount of shite he gets of some of his own), I would like them to be looking at 20-24 yr old to come in and isn't going to mind not being first choice.

Liverpool's squad is not old but there is very little in the 20-24 yr old category other than TAA and Gomez. It's fine for right now and the next couple of years but long term we need to sign and bed players of this age so they are ready to step up when current bunch are moving into their 30's.

The younger generation 17-20 seems to be well catered for with Jones, Williams, Elliott, Brewster, and Hoover all showing they have the right qualities to succeed. Van Den Berg was considered a scoop at the time but he hasn't shown me anything in the brief time he will go onto future stardom. I know it's early days and I'm not writing him off but he needs to get on the steak and Guinness and gain a few pounds.

laoislad

I see the African Nations Cup has been postponed until 2022 so no worries about losing players for a month in January next year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2020, 09:12:44 PM
I see the African Nations Cup has been postponed until 2022 so no worries about losing players for a month in January next year.

Conspiraceeeeee!

supersub

No reason to not go for Koulibaly in my own opinion.

Need to strengthen everywhere. Yes there is an excellent partnership there but we are heavily reliant on the same back 4 being fit every game. No reason why VVD, Gomez and Koulibaly can't compete for two spots with back up at left and right back where Gomez is concerned also. What happens if Gomez or VVD get injured themselves? Gomez prone to it. Need to be able to have full confidence in the replacements at any given time. It's a long season with plenty of games.

Armamike

Liverpool won't cough out that kind of money for a 29 year old. He is brilliant though.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

There won't be many big purchases I'd say for clubs. Klopp will look to develop the likes of Williams, Larouci and Hooever in particular as defensive back ups. Maybe buy in a mid level centre back to replace Lovern, if the money was right for Nathan Aki I'd look at him. Minamino and Keita hopefully will kick on. You never know with Shaqiri but he may look to go for 1st team football. Can see the likes of Curtis, Elliott and Brewster getting game time in cups and more game time in the league. Would certainly be trying to bring one of the young lads into each league game till the season end. With the AFCON cup gone then there is less concerns.