Should Women be allowed in Team Dressingrooms?

Started by Barney, October 28, 2008, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 24, 2008, 04:12:04 PM
Why don't you tell us what happened so? All OMS speculated on was what most people were thinking anyway. Seems very unusual that your own club wouldn't nominate you for a job that you were doing already.
While your at your Politburo type crusdae maybe you should get on to the local papers in Mayo as well and tell them to stop printing stuff like this. No need for people to know anything really.

Firstly im with pints pintsofguinness when he said this topic is...
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 28, 2008, 09:22:43 PM
not even newsworthy imo.

As well as that I didnt think it fair to talk about peoples lives on this board. Is it really fair some of the stuff being said about both parties?
How would you feel being Noelle Horan reading or Sean Feeney reading some of the comments posted here.
I dont know either party personally but someone calling Noelle a nosey cow?  ::)  Who the f**k are you? (Two Hands FFS and Billy_The_Kid), in fairness?  ::)

Some of the shite and assaults on both characters are a bit much. I dont know what to put it down to.
At the end of the day, they all are human like the rest of us.

Local papers magpie? I dont read them. I have a gripe with them as a hype machine and generating pressure on Mayo county players and management.
Added to the fact that a lot (not all) of the sports and GAA writers are very poor and wouldnt spot a footballer in Croke Park.
But somehow from your comments I imagine you scouring your local Sligo papers every week for the gossip and poor punditry.
News must be slow in Sligo, maybe you should be concentrating on figuring out how to beat London or how to win the Tommy Murphy cup and leave the "Politburo Crusaders"  like me alone.  :D

Anyway as far as I know the woman in question never got an official club nomination when she went for West Board PRO.
I think she got a nomination from someone and got the position by default because there was no takers.
She then ran unopposed for the county board PRO position when it became available, and got it.
To my knowledge, she never canvassed, asked or sought a club nomination from any club or ever mentioned her interest in these positions, and went about it her own way.
Which is fair enough.
Out of the 50 clubs that were asked for nominations only 5 replied. None obviously nominated her.
But I think she can still receive a nomination in the new year. We will see what happens.

stephenite

This is going to sound very hypocritical, but anyway.....

Sean Feeney has put a lot of voluntary effort into Mayo GAA over the years and this deserves to be recognised.

He is also a plague on Mayo GAA with some of the comments that he has made over the years, some of the decisions that he has railroaded through the county board and the fixture administration during his tenure are nothing short of a mess.

We'd be better off without him, but unfortunately we're stuck with him - only upside being that now he is a paid full time anything in relation to him and the duties of secretary are fair game for comment.

PS: I've no doubt that Blast05 is correct in his summation of events

Tubberman

QuotePS: I've no doubt that Blast05 is correct in his summation of events

You have 'no doubt'!?
Well isn't that amazing. From far-flung Australia, Stephenite knows for a fact the exact circumstances of nominations (or lack of them) for the Mayo PRO job, when very few within the county seem to be sure. You're some man  ::)
To come onto a message forum on the internet and cast aspersions on a man's character is very easy. Especially when you can get up from in front of your keyboard and not give it another thought. Yourself and Blast would want to present the facts if you're in 'no doubt'.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on November 25, 2008, 01:16:56 AM
This is going to sound very hypocritical, but anyway.....

Sean Feeney has put a lot of voluntary effort into Mayo GAA over the years and this deserves to be recognised.

He is also a plague on Mayo GAA with some of the comments that he has made over the years, some of the decisions that he has railroaded through the county board and the fixture administration during his tenure are nothing short of a mess.

Firstly,
Sean Feeney has nothing to do with the fixtures.  ::)
They are controlled by the Fixtures Committee chaired by Paddy McNicholas.... You should know that.
They are then sent out by Noelle because she is PRO.

What comments are you referring to that were that bad?
He only speaks on behalf of the county board who make all decisions through the floor and its the clubs that put forward motions that are voted on.

Quote from: stephenite on November 25, 2008, 01:16:56 AM
We'd be better off without him, but unfortunately we're stuck with him - only upside being that now he is a paid full time anything in relation to him and the duties of secretary are fair game for comment.

PS: I've no doubt that Blast05 is correct in his summation of events

Do you have anyone else in mind?
AFAICT his current contract is 2 years so when thats up make sure your club nominates you.  ;)

SouthArmaghBandit

Can anyone post a photograph of Noelle Horan? What age of a woman is she?

AbbeySider

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on November 25, 2008, 11:57:04 AM
Can anyone post a photograph of Noelle Horan? What age of a woman is she?

Strangest request I have seen on this board for a long time. In fact, I find it plain weird SouthArmaghBandit .

A quick recap for everyone on this board rules; Im surprised MODs havnt stepped in already with some of the tripe and insults people post.

1. Personal abuse.
Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. Known sometimes as 'playing the man', whether foul language is used or not, this behaviour is not allowed. e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.
Penalties- 1st Offence - Warning,  Second Offence - 2 Day Ban, Third Offence - 10 Day Ban, Fourth Offence - Permanent Ban

2. Libellous/insulting posts about a real person
In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself. This particularly applies to individuals' private lives, finances, legal issues etc etc. This also applies to unwarranted abuse of GAA players and officials.
Penalties - 1st Offence - Warning, Second Offence  - 5 Day Ban, Third Offence - Permanent Ban

3. Revealing a posters personal identity.
An inherent part of most discussion boards is that members may choose to adopt an alias, if they wish, as their board username. This choice of anonymity must be respected and any move to identify the real life identity of a poster on this board, where they have not done so themselves, is a breach of board rules.

Im taking that 3rd Amendment if anyone askes to post a picture of a poster/member of the public on this public forum.
Why does it matter SouthArmaghBandit ?

Puckoon

Quote from: dundrumite on November 23, 2008, 03:46:25 PM
Remember reading Mickey Harte's book, his view was that he had too many non-members of the footballing/management team in the changing room. He kindly  told them there presence in the changing room was unnecessary. His belief the changing room is a sacred place between management and players. Totally agree, a place for team members and those actively involved in the day to day training, not the suits involved in the running of the county board.

Read it again. That was the players call, nothing to do with Mickey Harte.

magpie seanie

QuoteLocal papers magpie? I dont read them. I have a gripe with them as a hype machine and generating pressure on Mayo county players and management.
Added to the fact that a lot (not all) of the sports and GAA writers are very poor and wouldnt spot a footballer in Croke Park.
But somehow from your comments I imagine you scouring your local Sligo papers every week for the gossip and poor punditry.
News must be slow in Sligo, maybe you should be concentrating on figuring out how to beat London or how to win the Tommy Murphy cup and leave the "Politburo Crusaders"  like me alone

Quite the rant there.

I mentioned local papers as that is where this story that you wish to be suppressed originated. How you could come up with the bit in bold is just beyond me. A bit of a tantrum it looks like. I really don't understand where you're coming from on this. Is it that you hate all type of media coverage of Mayo GAA?

heineken_on_tap

I'd imagine the Mods can do their job without 'help' from you AbbeySider

AbbeySider

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 25, 2008, 01:56:34 PM
Quite the rant there.

I mentioned local papers as that is where this story that you wish to be suppressed originated. How you could come up with the bit in bold is just beyond me. A bit of a tantrum it looks like. I really don't understand where you're coming from on this.

It was a bit of a rant and a poor attempt at humour. It was in Jest, no offence meant.  ;)

AbbeySider

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on November 25, 2008, 02:06:59 PM
I'd imagine the Mods can do their job without 'help' from you AbbeySider

Pointing out rules is really helping posters more so than mods.

winsamsoon

only if she is gorgeous with blonde hair and handing out rubs.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

SouthArmaghBandit

How is asking for a photograph of one of the Mayo County Boards senior officers Personal abuse, a Libellous/insulting post about a real person or Revealing a posters personal identity?

Catch yourself on FFS!

I'm not from Mayo and I would like to see a photograph of the Mayo Pro who is all over the newspapers. I'd like to see what see looks like because it helps me identify people. I may bump into her at annual Congress for example. Or come across her somewhere else.  A head and shoulders shoot will do.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 25, 2008, 03:06:43 PM
only if she is gorgeous with blonde hair and handing out rubs.

Corretc saan. And she should be wearing her stockings and suspenders and nothing else...lol :-*
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AbbeySider

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on November 25, 2008, 03:08:12 PM
How is asking for a photograph of one of the Mayo County Boards senior officers Personal abuse, a Libellous/insulting post about a real person or Revealing a posters personal identity?

Catch yourself on FFS!

I'm not from Mayo and I would like to see a photograph of the Mayo Pro who is all over the newspapers. I'd like to see what see looks like because it helps me identify people. I may bump into her at annual Congress for example. Or come across her somewhere else.  A head and shoulders shoot will do.

I wasnt really referring to you when I mentioned the rules. A build up of personal comments and assaults down through the Mayo threads lead me to remind people of rules. But in the circumstances I dont think this it the place to be posting pictures of people.
Ill definitely retract labelling your request weird. I didnt know your motivation for asking. Apologies.