Who will win the Nestor Cup In Connacht?

Started by From the Bunker, February 07, 2007, 03:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Nestor Cup In Connacht?

Galway
3 (5.4%)
Mayo
27 (48.2%)
Roscommon
10 (17.9%)
Sligo
5 (8.9%)
Leitrim
4 (7.1%)
New York
4 (7.1%)
London
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

From the Bunker

AbbeySider

I voted for Sligo by accident!!!

LMAO !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mayo hands down....  ;)

magpie seanie

Fate intervened to make you make the correct choice! Well done!

ross matt

It's gotta be Mayo. O'Mahony will see Connacht as a minimum goal despite doing his best to dampen the hype and he knows enough about Galway not to get caught by them. The tribesmen still have quality players but I don't see Ford being able to get the best out of them. The Rossies are miles of the pace at senior level yet. Leitrim and Sligo will be well fired up but just dont have the players to take the big two anyway whatever about nailing the Roscommon.

Redgreenery

Mayo and not a chance of it been anyone else. Mayo have the players and management!!

Rossie11

Have no doubt it will be Mayo for the simple fact O'Mahoney is at the helm.
As regards man-managment and getting the best out of a team he is on a different planet
to Forde and Maughan.
With Bridgets and Ballaghaderreen he has already shown this year that he still has the magic touch.
Sligo have a great chance of overturning Ross in my book

Mayo V Sligo final

ross matt

Sadly I fear you're last prediction may come to pass Rossie.

GalwayBayBoy

Jaysus just 2 votes. That's criminal considering some of the talent we still have. A sad indictment of the current management unfortunately.

I guess we have Mayo in Pearse (where they have a lousy record) and Galway v Mayo games can often go against form but I wouldn't be putting any hard earned cash on us.

magpie seanie

It would be gas if it turned out to be Sligo v. Mayo on July 8th. A good mate of mine from Sligo is marrying a lassie from Ballyhaunis the day before.

Lar Naparka

You would have to go with Mayo; they seem to have both the management and the players.
Still, I am quite surprised at the lack of votes for Galway. They certainly have the players to trouble anyone west of the Shannon and if they all strike form on May 20th. Mayo might be in for a nasty shock.
There just seems to be an ongoing degree  of unrest in the camp and maybe Ford won't be able to get the best out of them for the Championships.
Any team that Maughan manages will be both fit and disciplined but here too there seems to be some dissension in the ranks. Maughan just doesn't seem to have good man management skills; he never could draw from a full panel of top players during his spells with Mayo and he was effectively voted out by the players after one season with Fermanagh. At any rate, I think they will need at least another year to develop their full potential.
Sligo sources tell me that the side is coming along nicely and will prove a good test for any side they come up against in the summer but I doubt if they are developed enough to take Connacht this year.
Leitrim damn near shocked Mayo last season and any county that takes them for a soft touch could be very sorry indeed but I don't think they have the resources needed to progress out of Connacht.
So, I'm voting for Mayo but I'll feel a lot more confident after May 20th,   if they get past that obstacle successfully.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

magpie seanie

I'll put it like this.

Ros - Sligo - Leitrim - all of roughly the same calibre.

Galway - capable of beating Mayo with home venue but also capable of losing to any of the other 3.

Mayo - Could lost to Galway but all things being equal should take the other 3. Possibility that after a great win against the old enemy they could take their eye off the ball thinking of frying bigger fish.

Anyway, that's the way a Sligo man has to look at it to try and justify that he hasn't got dementia.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteGalway - capable of beating Mayo with home venue but also capable of losing to any of the other 3.

Except Sligo. ;D

magpie seanie

GalwayBayBoy