There's an elephant in the room.

Started by Denn Forever, January 11, 2020, 11:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2020, 10:46:15 AM
Well Nordies, Bozo breezed in for the photo shoot, patted MichelleArlene on the heads, says there'll be lots of money and everything will be fine.
Then breezed off without signing any cheques.
I'm sure ye all feel so much better now.

What is the exact point you are making with this type of post?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2020, 10:34:18 AM
Well paid, what does a Justice minister get these days?

The hourly rate of the last one was through the f**king roof.

It was tending toward infinity at one point there...
i usse an speelchekor

Snapchap

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2020, 10:34:18 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on January 14, 2020, 09:25:49 AM
Is the Alliance party so devoid of talent that they have to put Naomi in for any and every position they have available? She was made party leader, then became their European election candidate, their East Belfast candidate in the GE and now has taken on their sole Ministerial position.

You have to wonder does she just not trust anybody else? Or is she believing her own hype a bit too much? Or does she or the rest of her party deep down believe they have no other capable representatives beyond her? Or could she be just trying to get into every well paid position she can?

They have an MP, they won the Strangford seat, she is from East Belfast (Mersey Street) and won the seat of Robinson way back so only natural she went for that seat again, was Lord Mayor and natural candidate to take over the leadership of the party, she speaks very well and comes across as a nice person, how that works in politics is a different matter.

Well paid, what does a Justice minister get these days?

Fair enough for her to be standing as MP in her own area, and no qualms about her becoming party leader when she is clearly their most popular/capable rep. It just strikes me as poor for the optics when she is the only one to be given the big roles. I actually forgot about Belfast Mayor role too.

At a time when her party is on the crest of a wave, it seems odd that she is content to appear as the only one in the party that can be trusted to take all of on the big roles.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Snapchap on January 14, 2020, 11:39:10 AM
At a time when her party is on the crest of a wave, it seems odd that she is content to appear as the only one in the party that can be trusted to take all of on the big roles.

Yeah, they are not exactly doing much to grow the profile of other party members.

Like it or not - the electorate are more comfortable with someone they recognise over a significant time period - despite how good or bad that person is - case in point - Bozo.
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 14, 2020, 03:12:06 PM

Yeah, they are not exactly doing much to grow the profile of other party members.

Like it or not - the electorate are more comfortable with someone they recognise over a significant time period - despite how good or bad that person is - case in point - Bozo.

It appears to be the Naomi show.

Sportacus

The elephant in the room is that we have thousands of civil servants in safe jobs pushing paper around and not doing anything particularly productive.  Anyone working in frontline education can verify that.  Plus, sadly many families expectations are a life on welfare and many people are actively trying to get disability diagnosis to secure benefits.  Harsh truth which no one dare speak publicly of.  Therefore the North will continue to be riddled by self-inflicted financial waste of taxpayers money, with absolutely no prospect of the parties having the desire or balls to challenge it.

Keyser soze

It is a massive vote winner for political parties to advise and assist people to get and obtain the maximum amount of benefits. They employ many people in each constituency office to process social welfare claims all paid for by the public purse which quite frankly is not their job and should not be publicly funded.

It is depressing to see parents actively and vociferously advocating disability diagnosis and a life of dossing for their offspring when they should be inspiring them to reach for the stars. 

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Sportacus on January 15, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
The elephant in the room is that we have thousands tens of thousands of civil servants in safe jobs pushing paper around and not doing anything particularly productive.  Anyone working in frontline education can verify that.  Plus, sadly many families expectations are a life on welfare and many people are actively trying to get disability diagnosis to secure benefits.  Harsh truth which no one dare speak publicly of.  Therefore the North will continue to be riddled by self-inflicted financial waste of taxpayers money, with absolutely no prospect of the parties having the desire or balls to challenge it.

Fixed that for ye.

Absolutely right. The civil service needs cleared out and completely reformed - their "working" practices are embarassingly shite.
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

The civil service is full of people who wouldn't get jobs in the private sector. Incompetence, laziness and chaos reigns.

BennyCake

marty34

Quote from: trailer on January 15, 2020, 10:46:06 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 14, 2020, 03:12:06 PM

It appears to be the Naomi show.

Similar to the Eastwood show - I see him here, I see him there...I see him everywhere!!!
He was the one crying about the need for a 'local' SDLP to be leading from Stormont now he's in London, he thinks it's ok for the London leader to run things in Stormont.

He must be back in Belfast after he stopped Brexit but I wonder when he'll tell us all that he stopped Brexit.  I await the announcement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on January 15, 2020, 04:04:56 PM
Has Casement been built yet?

Nope but seen another minister at Casement with let's get it built poster! Where have you been ffs! It's another photo opportunity and hey we still vote them in!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus