Dublin & Offaly in Leinster U21 Hurling final

Started by TBT, June 20, 2007, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBT

With apologies to Paul Curren but this decision highlights the complete farce that is the disciplany structures of the GAA. The CCCC has point blank refused to go down this route with numberous incidents since the tunnel debacle. Media pressure, step forweard Michael Moynihan in the Examiner, have forced their hand in this instance just as that Breheny   oalf called the shots in the tunnel incident. How about some consistency Nickey Brennen.

TBT

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 25, 2007, 12:34:06 PM
Quote from: cnoc16 on July 25, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
carton wrongly is after gettin an eight week suspension, dcb are appealing the decision rightly.

semi final vs antrim is on the weekend of august 19th.

If Dublin county board are having the cheek to appeal that ban, then Dublin hurling will very quickly find itself losing a lot of the goodwill that's floating round for them at the moment. That is a lenient ban, and i'd imagine most genuine Dublin supporters will be embarassed by the fact that people are trying to get him off, much like we were when Mcintyre went around giving out about the league structure after we got relegated instead of at the start of the year. We'd expect this kind of trickery from the Wig in Cork, not from the Dubs.

If ever there was a case for extending his ban for having the brass neck to appeal, this is the case.

I'm just glad that the Leinster Final was such a comprehensive win. It's a lot easier take defeat knowing your team were outplayed than it would be if we lost by one or two with Carton playing.
The Wig from Cork is actually a combover.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Just when I was starting to distinguish the Dublin hurlers from their football brothers!!! :-[

INDIANA

bit late in the evening for you fergal?
to be fair i'm embarrassed as a dublin fan that they are appealing this.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2007, 11:07:54 PM
bit late in the evening for you fergal?
to be fair i'm embarrassed as a dublin fan that they are appealing this.

Can't sleep with the excitement of Wexford beating Tipp at the weekend ;)

the ship

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: the ship on July 26, 2007, 11:10:50 AM
you will be awake along time then :D :D   

The Ploughing championship.. I hear we always do well at it ;)

the ship

reading on an fear rua ye have good handballers who are always on the move.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: the ship on July 26, 2007, 11:31:50 AM
reading on an fear rua ye have good handballers who are always on the move.

Is that a joke about our supposed Itinerant problem ;)

the ship

did not know ye had one , but while we are on about wexford, staying in wexford for 2 days any advice on things to do and see i have 3 young lads and 1 wife to keep happy

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: the ship on July 26, 2007, 11:58:44 AM
did not know ye had one , but while we are on about wexford, staying in wexford for 2 days any advice on things to do and see i have 3 young lads and 1 wife to keep happy

What town you staying in?

the ship

Punxsutawney Fergal

Just been done up, apparently they have done a good job with it. Most places in Wexford are weather dependent! Johnstown Castle is a nice place to go - fantastic gardens and lakes plus the kids will run themselves stupid thus making them tired in the evening.

curracloe beach is a great beach "if" the sun appears. Eating - Fordes on the cresent in Wexford Town and La Dolce Vita in Selsker in Wexford Town. The Lobster Pot in Carne is also a great place to eat.

The Irish National Heritage Park is just outside the town and is worth a visit

Dinny Breen

Kilmore Quay and beach is well worth a visit as is Duncannon..
#newbridgeornowhere