Derry V Donegal Ulster final 2022

Started by shawshank, May 16, 2022, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Well not at the expense at those who drive to league games in Clare and Roscommon

JoeSoap

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 20, 2022, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: God14 on May 20, 2022, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2022, 02:15:43 PM
Quote from: God14 on May 20, 2022, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2022, 01:59:50 PM
26,000 capacity for this Ulster final.

Gerry Arthurs Stand    
Adult   £30   € 35
Senior Concession   £20   € 25

Pat McGrane / Eastern Stand        
Adult   £25   € 30
Senior Concession   £17   € 20
Juvenile   £5   € 5

The Hill / O'Duffy Terrace       
Adult   £17   € 20
Juvenile   £5   € 5

Clones holds more than  26K? i thought it held about 33K?

Set/allowed capacity apparently for this final.

Is that covid related?

I just googled the 2001 final, the attendance was 35,159

H&S related. The place is, without being rude, now a dump. They did an assessment prior to 2019 final and reduced it to around 28 or 29k as there were multiple hazards with allowing full crowds into certain areas (fire risk, evacuation times etc.). Without upgrades it'll never be back up to that. Likely never will if casement is done, I'd say they're holding out for that.

yeah it's a pity as the buzz around the town is magic on Ulster final day but the stadium just doesn't stack up.

great to see that it seems to be a sellout for the final now though considering plenty of commentators were saying if Derry made it, it wouldn't sell out.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2022, 02:39:27 PM
Well not at the expense at those who drive to league games in Clare and Roscommon
That's a fair point. You'd imagine most of these people are involved somewhat in their club and could get tickets that way but maybe it does impact some.

p3427977

The limited general release of O'Duffy & Hill Terrrace tickets for the #Ulster2022 SFC Final at Clones has SOLD OUT.

🎟️ Competing counties are currently working through their club orders. Subject to availability, there may be a further general release next week. https://t.co/K4AjFsqBwA

Wildweasel74

I had moved afair bit away from my local club, used to be there was a general sale in owenbeg yrs ago for Derry supporters not attached to clubs, doesn't seem to happen any more.

Milltown Row2

Would these tickets not be widely available at club level? as in if you are a member of a club you should be entitled to tick or at the very least part of a draw?

With nearly 26 thousand going that should be plenty for those that attended the other championship games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on May 20, 2022, 02:31:06 PM
Is the minor final being played before it? possibly they are holding some back to see who  gets through?

From the ulstergaa website:
It was also been confirmed that the Minor Final will precede the Senior Football Championship Final on Sunday 29th May.

With Derry v Cavan and Donegal v Tyrone in the minor semis this weekend.  Could end up with 4 counties needing tickets.  Would those from Cavan/Tyrone have purchased them on the prospect of their minor teams getting to the final? Would the Ulster council have issued an increased amount of tickets to the Cavan/Tyrone clubs for this purpose?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoeSoap on May 20, 2022, 02:39:52 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on May 20, 2022, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: God14 on May 20, 2022, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2022, 02:15:43 PM
Quote from: God14 on May 20, 2022, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2022, 01:59:50 PM
26,000 capacity for this Ulster final.

Gerry Arthurs Stand    
Adult   £30   € 35
Senior Concession   £20   € 25

Pat McGrane / Eastern Stand        
Adult   £25   € 30
Senior Concession   £17   € 20
Juvenile   £5   € 5

The Hill / O'Duffy Terrace       
Adult   £17   € 20
Juvenile   £5   € 5

Clones holds more than  26K? i thought it held about 33K?

Set/allowed capacity apparently for this final.

Is that covid related?

I just googled the 2001 final, the attendance was 35,159

H&S related. The place is, without being rude, now a dump. They did an assessment prior to 2019 final and reduced it to around 28 or 29k as there were multiple hazards with allowing full crowds into certain areas (fire risk, evacuation times etc.). Without upgrades it'll never be back up to that. Likely never will if casement is done, I'd say they're holding out for that.

yeah it's a pity as the buzz around the town is magic on Ulster final day but the stadium just doesn't stack up.

great to see that it seems to be a sellout for the final now though considering plenty of commentators were saying if Derry made it, it wouldn't sell out.

So they rendered Casement out of use, now they've let Clones run to ruin. McEvoy, McGeehan and these other clowns have plenty to answer!

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2022, 02:52:17 PM
I had moved afair bit away from my local club, used to be there was a general sale in owenbeg yrs ago for Derry supporters not attached to clubs, doesn't seem to happen any more.

I dont live in Derry any more and not a club member any more so was relying on the general sale tickets for myself and the kids.
Not looking good right now!

Loughshore2022

I couldn't get tickets so far either. I don't care about going but my father has watched Derry for over 50 years. The annoying thing is that my local club don't make it easy to become a member. They don't seem to go around doors selling membership like they used to do. I think the game should have been in Croke Park

JoG2

patsydingle

From very reliable source in UlsterGAA- Derry only getting half of tickets requested!
Going to be some very dissapointed Oakleafers!  :'(

p3427977

Quote from: patsydingle on May 20, 2022, 04:03:06 PM
From very reliable source in UlsterGAA- Derry only getting half of tickets requested!
Going to be some very dissapointed Oakleafers!  :'(
Email from Derry this morning said they would fulfill all requests and only that some in the stand would have to be moved.

JoeSoap

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 20, 2022, 03:58:15 PM
I couldn't get tickets so far either. I don't care about going but my father has watched Derry for over 50 years. The annoying thing is that my local club don't make it easy to become a member. They don't seem to go around doors selling membership like they used to do. I think the game should have been in Croke Park

are ya joking.. it'd be horrible in Croke Park. Even if both counties brought 20,000 a piece the place would feel like a graveyard. I love Donegal playing there but unless you get 60k plus the atmosphere is horrible.

As mentioned above, Ulster GAA have plenty to answer for. Not long ago people would be buzzing about Clones, the magic of it on Ulster final day, and sure now look. 

I'm still buzzing mind you, it should be a great occasion

delgany

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 20, 2022, 03:58:15 PM

You renew your membership on line,  using  foireann / returnto play