According to the county site is was down to player availability
the difference between success and failure is energy

CentreHalfBack

Club games and exams?
New season - new reason

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

Uladhabu

Whats this about a Rossa substitute climbing the rails and having a go at a St Johns supporter (Teacher) on Sat night? I hear the Ref from Co Down(Kileif) ignored the whole incident completely and carried on.

NAG1

Why should he have got in involved?

Was it due to player unavailability on our part? Thought thats why the games were moved to Tuesday?

CentreHalfBack

According to county website:

The game was called off yesterday pm when due to exams, club committments, illness and injury following club games, it became apparent that a only a small squad would be able to travel.
New season - new reason

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on May 13, 2010, 01:04:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 09:48:23 PM
Ah balax

St. Johns    3-15   0-11   St. Pauls

It's tight at the top.

Has the bubble still burst?

Christ they are shite!! i could have played in that game ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Bloody hell, a home fixture on a sunday to our high flying neighbours. Hopefully we'll get a good day and a big crowd.

Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Team 1   Team 2   Venue   Date   Time   Referee   Comment
Ballygalget    Ballycran    Ballygalget   16/05/2010   15:00   TBC    Round 3   
Antrim Reserve Hurling
Rossa    Portaferry    Rossa   15/05/2010   16:30   Prenter Sean    Round 4   
Cushendall    Dunloy    Cushendall   15/05/2010   17:00   Kevin Robinson   Round 4   
Ballygalget    Ballycran    Ballygalget   16/05/2010   13:30   Quinn Liam    Round 3

theskull1

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on May 13, 2010, 02:09:59 PM
According to county website:

The game was called off yesterday pm when due to exams, club committments, illness and injury following club games, it became apparent that a only a small squad would be able to travel.

There was always a high risk that that game would be compromised. I love hurling as much as the next man but the thought of travelling 2-300 miles round trip on a wednesday night after a days works for a challenge game would really grind my gears and would only be made worse by the fact you'd be travelling with tired legs. Theres no way your head or body would be right for the game so as much as the county management feel they need "games" I would very much doubt that there would be anything to gain from such a venture.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

The fact that the game was to be in Dublin you'd assume Antrim asked for it in the first place and you'd have hoped that the management and co board would have consulted with the players in terms of availability as you'd have needed a half day off work to get there and any of the students would have known well in advance about being tied up with exams.

There wouldn't be much learned from playing lads who just travelled 150 odd mile after a day at work plus having played a club game the night before.

maxpower

Agree entirely Skull, most of the players would have played a game Sat/Sun then Tues then head from Ballycastle/Loughgeil/Dunloy etc to Dublin for 3 hours travel after work.  you'd nearly need paid to do that ::)

i'm sure the County do need games though and not easy to get at this time
What happens next????

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2010, 03:15:44 PM
Bloody hell, a home fixture on a sunday to our high flying neighbours. Hopefully we'll get a good day and a big crowd.

Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Antrim Reserve Hurling
Cushendall    Dunloy    Cushendall   15/05/2010   17:00   Kevin Robinson   Round 4   
Ballygalget    Ballycran    Ballygalget   16/05/2010   13:30   Quinn Liam    Round 3

Open the bar Johnny and youse can make a few bob.

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 13, 2010, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2010, 03:15:44 PM

Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Antrim Reserve Hurling

Open the bar Johnny and youse can make a few bob.

The bar isn't allowed to be open during a game, it will however be open before, half time and after the games.

An old club rule allegedly but I'm sure we'll get you a glass of fizzy pop.

NAG1

I think it is the same for most clubs, except that those are drinking clubs first and GAA clubs second  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 13, 2010, 11:28:28 PM
Quote from: groundlie on May 13, 2010, 11:25:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2010, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: groundlie on May 13, 2010, 01:04:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 09:48:23 PM
Ah balax

St. Johns    3-15   0-11   St. Pauls

It's tight at the top.

Has the bubble still burst?

Christ they are shite!! i could have played in that game ;)

Rossa and yourselves didnt beat them by much?
Rossa did beat yourselves though which is more important than hammering an also ran.

strange though! at senior hurling we have never in the past been known as hurling rivals to Rossa and St Johns. so the question is this, has the hurling dropped between the big two or have St Galls improved?

i'm of the opinion that we have improved.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea