Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I'd say that will be the end of Ukrainian advances in the Kherson regon, come back in a year and that dinipro river will likely still be the dividing line. The Russians appear to finally have a General in command who knows what he's doing, while it's no doubt a humiliation for the Russians I reckon they'll be better off tactically for the retreat. No doubt the Kherson residents will be waking up to a bombardment in the not too distant future.

armaghniac

It's a long front. The Ukrainians will Ídentify a soft spot elsewhere
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: bennydorano on November 11, 2022, 10:12:21 PM
I'd say that will be the end of Ukrainian advances in the Kherson regon, come back in a year and that dinipro river will likely still be the dividing line. The Russians appear to finally have a General in command who knows what he's doing, while it's no doubt a humiliation for the Russians I reckon they'll be better off tactically for the retreat. No doubt the Kherson residents will be waking up to a bombardment in the not too distant future.

Can they turn off the water to Crimea now. That's the big question

armaghniac

There'll be some craic in Kherson this weekend.

Wildweasel74

Ukraine massive, the winters be severe, the weather calfed Hitler and Napolean when nothing else would. . A line be draw here to nxt March/April,. War changed on so many fronts, the day of the tank is gone, artillery a bigger player these days, but air support is what wins wars and long range anti aircraft equipment, required to erase that advantage. In WW2 the massive rivers in Ukraine slowed up the nazis but it hinder any Ukraine advance next year.

JPGJOHNNYG

Didn't realise how wide that river at kherson is. How the f**k did Russia take it in the first place did the Ukrainians all fall asleep as they filed across the bridge

Wildweasel74

Didn't blow the bridge as they should have, as they were took unaware, even though America had given them a weeks notice of a possible invasion

armaghniac

Before the war the Ukrainians took the view that Russia would be mad to invade, that they didn't have enough men. Zelenksy did not adopt a provocative stance of mobilising etc.
Russia was mad, or at least their leader was.

Main Street

Armagh18

Missile hits town inside Poland couple of miles from border, killing 2 Poles.

Russian mistake, deliberate provocation or American/Western false flag? Who knows

Wildweasel74

False flag seriously, people read to much into conspiracy theories these days. Obvious Russian missile.

bennydorano

When you hear hooves think horses not zebras. Incompetence 99 times out of 100 and Russia have proven themselves largely incompetent. Could now be used as cover for escalation tho.

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 15, 2022, 11:11:58 PM
False flag seriously, people read to much into conspiracy theories these days. Obvious Russian missile.

MacKenna says it was the Ukranians so clearly you're wrong...

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on November 15, 2022, 11:28:05 PM
When you hear hooves think horses not zebras. Incompetence 99 times out of 100 and Russia have proven themselves largely incompetent. Could now be used as cover for escalation tho.
Obviously wouldn't surprise me if it was the West but yeah most likely a Russian mistake.

Main Street

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 11:40:16 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 15, 2022, 11:28:05 PM
Obviously wouldn't surprise me if it was the West but yeah most likely a Russian mistake.
There is no such thing as a Russian mistake, either it was deliberate or totally inept as in firing unguided missiles directly to the vicinity of the Polish border.