Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyroneman on July 30, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
When Mourinho  first came to Chelsea..a lot of people thought he was great, with the 'special one' comments and seemingly prepared to take on Ferguson and co at thier own PR / mind games

Everyone seemed to forget the absolute disgrace that was his Porto team in the Europa final v Celtic. A time wasting, diving shower who no more deserved to win that game.

No sympathy for him
Same Porto team that won the CL ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyroneman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on July 30, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
When Mourinho  first came to Chelsea..a lot of people thought he was great, with the 'special one' comments and seemingly prepared to take on Ferguson and co at thier own PR / mind games

Everyone seemed to forget the absolute disgrace that was his Porto team in the Europa final v Celtic. A time wasting, diving shower who no more deserved to win that game.

No sympathy for him
Same Porto team that won the CL ?

Yip. They were a very good team but behaved abysmally in the Europa final. All overseen by Mourinho, who seems to forget this when he moans about time wasting and general sh1thousery from opponents

trailer

Would Pocchetio Pocchetino ah f**k it, would yer man from Spurs take it? Could Utd get him?

imtommygunn

No one respects mourinho. I don't even think he respects himself. It is always all about him.

Seanie may go a bit mad about him but he is pretty much right.

Look at the world cup and a number of united players, despite an earlier post, played well. Pogba was one of the best in the tournament and looks average at times for united. Lukaku and rashford should be running riot but no one will with the style he plays.

Rawhide

Just to help remind you folk out there, we finished 2nd in the league. Yip, I must confess that have bought into the English press, like the rest of you  :o

ffs sake, you couldn't make it up.
cccc is a true supporter lol

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2018, 09:46:16 PM
No one respects mourinho. I don't even think he respects himself. It is always all about him.

Seanie may go a bit mad about him but he is pretty much right.

Look at the world cup and a number of united players, despite an earlier post, played well. Pogba was one of the best in the tournament and looks average at times for united. Lukaku and rashford should be running riot but no one will with the style he plays.

Pogba was good at the World Cup, he wasn't one of the best in the tournament. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Who knows whats going on at the club and Mourinho certainly doesn't look very happy but when the transfer window is closing in 9 days time and we've only signed 2 players thats not good enough. Since Pep took over they've signed 20 players whilst United in that time have signed 9 and they had a lot more quality then United did at that time.

United will continue to struggle getting rid of players because they pay them too much, Rojo is probably on 4 times what he's on at Sporting while if you look at the wage bill its astromical and out of hand for the squad we've got. IF United can get rid of Rojo & Darmian in the next week I'd expect United to sign 2 replacements and the same for Martial if he goes. I thought Perisic was brilliant during the world cup after having a great season for Inter, United clearly missed out on a winger that would have suited United.

Its a big 9 days for United because if not a lot happens then you may as well give the championship to City.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 31, 2018, 04:14:32 PM
Who knows whats going on at the club and Mourinho certainly doesn't look very happy but when the transfer window is closing in 9 days time and we've only signed 2 players thats not good enough. Since Pep took over they've signed 20 players whilst United in that time have signed 9 and they had a lot more quality then United did at that time.

United will continue to struggle getting rid of players because they pay them too much, Rojo is probably on 4 times what he's on at Sporting while if you look at the wage bill its astromical and out of hand for the squad we've got. IF United can get rid of Rojo & Darmian in the next week I'd expect United to sign 2 replacements and the same for Martial if he goes. I thought Perisic was brilliant during the world cup after having a great season for Inter, United clearly missed out on a winger that would have suited United.

Its a big 9 days for United because if not a lot happens then you may as well give the championship to City.

My guess is that no-one wants to play for him (including a good few of the current squad). They know he's yesterdays man as I stated here two years ago. Hopefully the physio and doctor runs on at "the wrong time" in one of the early games.

Money might overcome the lack of signings but then are you getting guys with the right motivation if that's what they're moving for? The mistake that has been made repeatedly in recent years.

trailer

Why would anyone want to play in a soulless team managed by a General who's more defensive than Jimmy McGuinness? Utd are a basket case under this fool. I'd rather watch people try and grasp what a metaphor is, than what this joker is serving up. Soccer is in a race to the bottom and Utd are the front runners it by a long way.

thewobbler

Given that the only transfers of note this summer in England have been Mahrez and Allison, I don't think this is solely a Jose problem folks (personally I wouldn't regard Brazil reserves like Fred and Fabinho as major deals).

The Neymar deal a couple of years ago had an immediate effect of inflating the transfer market. But the reality is nobody can afford a squad full of £50m/£200k a week reserves, and a £80m player should transform a club by himself. Try getting anyone with pedigree currently for £40m or less. You can't.

It'll resolve itself in a year or two when transfer fees reduce. But for now it's a bit like housing in 2008 Ireland.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 31, 2018, 11:36:38 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6008259/Were-fed-Jose-dragging-say-Manchester-United-stars.html
He said, she said

Quotea source told Sportsmail on Monday night.

Stopped reading after that. Not sure why i opened the link and expected more. Mourinho has said he gave 5 names to Woodward and right now he might get one of those names signed up before the deadline no wonder he is more grumpy than usual.

Boycey

No harm trailer but that post has no place here, or any other forum would you take it down please..

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on July 31, 2018, 06:26:51 PM
No harm trailer but that post has no place here, or any other forum would you take it down please..

Agreed, absolutely ridiculous

Over the Bar

Zidane to United getting plenty of headlines....