Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2020, 08:48:45 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on September 08, 2020, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2020, 03:34:44 PM
McCann is their best player.

That is irrelevant, we must not place any weight on that as he is a 'County Man'

It's relevant and why more people are talking about it. It could have a massive bearing on the outcome of the game.

I was being facetious in response to Belfast Man having a hissy fit in response to my question based on the reasons laid out so eloquently by you

bannside

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-county-pros-are-amateur-heroes/

Our esteemed PRO making the news himself for a change. Well worth a read.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on September 09, 2020, 10:19:10 AM

That is irrelevant, we must not place any weight on that as he is a 'County Man'

It's relevant and why more people are talking about it. It could have a massive bearing on the outcome of the game.

I was being facetious in response to Belfast Man having a hissy fit in response to my question based on the reasons laid out so eloquently by you
Calm down Calm down. No Doubt the county Card will get saint Mick off cos even his brother, who also plays fr the county, says he should get off

Calm Down

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 09, 2020, 04:10:19 PM

Calm down Calm down. No Doubt the county Card will get saint Mick off cos even his brother, who also plays fr the county, says he should get off

Call me naive however I do not think that Thomas sits on the CCCC and when it comes to it this will not stop Saint Mick from playing for his County, however depending on the length of ban the County final and any championship games which follow either this year or not...............ye LD boys have taken this defeat badly  :'(

gallsman

Were St. Paul's not supposed to walk this IFC final from some of the analysis on here?

imtommygunn

Some comeback from moneyglass. I didn't think St. Paul's would have been close to them to be honest.

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on September 09, 2020, 09:24:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2020, 08:59:37 PM
Were St. Paul's not supposed to walk this IFC final from some of the analysis on here?
The Junior hurling maybe?

Ah, maybe that was it.

bannside

Moneyglass got out of jail last night.to set up an intriguing final against Dunloy. St Pauls pushed them to the very limit.

Calm Down

Quote from: bannside on September 10, 2020, 07:54:28 AM
Moneyglass got out of jail last night.to set up an intriguing final against Dunloy. St Pauls pushed them to the very limit.

They certainly did, it appeared St Paul's has their number for long periods and that MGlass could not handle the intensity brought for them. It seemed they did not know how to win the game at the end up as they retreated and invited MGlass onto them even though the high press and deep ball in had worked well all night for them

St Paul's seemed to be aggrieved at the referee, however for long periods so where MGlass, does that mean that it was a job well done or that he was equally as bad to both teams, if that is possible?

Na Glinntí Glasa

was surprised as well with that score last night. having seen Moneyglass a fair few times i thought they would be too strong for St Pauls but that wasnt the case. They were behind the whole game and managed to get it back again and into extra time.

Sets up a good final with Moneyglass favourites for it. Id say last year hurt them so they are desperate to right that this year.
hurl like f**k boi!

Calm Down

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2020, 10:47:07 AM
was surprised as well with that score last night. having seen Moneyglass a fair few times i thought they would be too strong for St Pauls but that wasnt the case. They were behind the whole game and managed to get it back again and into extra time.

Sets up a good final with Moneyglass favourites for it. Id say last year hurt them so they are desperate to right that this year.

DR getting in there early with the aul mind games, from what I seen last night and of last year's final if Dunloy bring a savagery intensity and physicality to the game it is Dunloy's to loose, MG only got in the game last night as St Pauls let them back into it IMO

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Calm Down on September 10, 2020, 11:24:07 AM

DR getting in there early with the aul mind games, from what I seen last night and of last year's final if Dunloy bring a savagery intensity and physicality to the game it is Dunloy's to loose, MG only got in the game last night as St Pauls let them back into it IMO

I think that's slightly unfair St Paul's certainly brought a serious level of intensity but that's extremely had to sustain for 60 minutes never mind 80. Moneyglass after being overwhelmed stuck to their task and ground St Paul's down. They also kicked 6 wides in a row in the second half and dominated possession nearly all through it.

I think it's fairer to say an improved second half from Moneyglass and a tiring St Paul's team made the difference rather than St Paul's solely letting Moneyglass back into it.

Moneyglass possibly favourites based on the group game but that will count for nothing come Saturday week.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on September 09, 2020, 04:24:12 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 09, 2020, 04:10:19 PM

Call me naive however I do not think that Thomas sits on the CCCC and when it comes to it this will not stop Saint Mick from playing for his County, however depending on the length of ban the County final and any championship games which follow either this year or not...............ye LD boys have taken this defeat badly  :'(
Cargin took Their chances and deserved to win - not a LD man just dont like county boys getting special treatment and we all know he Is going to get off

Na Glinntí Glasa

I wouldn't say mind games at all. they beat us this year in the group and well and truly beat us last year in the first round of the IFC. They would be justified as being favourites for this final.

I spoke their management last year after they beat us and they had been training 3 times a week working constantly on tactics and you could see that with how well drilled they were. We were lucky to even be out once in a month with a full panel to train and it showed each time we played them.

I like them as a team, i think they play good football and have a lot of good players.

They will be very hard to beat.

hurl like f**k boi!

Calm Down

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2020, 01:44:10 PM

I wouldn't say mind games at all. they beat us this year in the group and well and truly beat us last year in the first round of the IFC. They would be justified as being favourites for this final.

I spoke their management last year after they beat us and they had been training 3 times a week working constantly on tactics and you could see that with how well drilled they were. We were lucky to even be out once in a month with a full panel to train and it showed each time we played them.

;) ;)

I like them as a team, i think they play good football and have a lot of good players.

They will be very hard to beat.