Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

why was this game played last night? i thought the north antrim teams wanted Sunday games

Ruairi Og exile

Match was played last nite because it was meant to be on Sunday but was postponed due to Cross & Passion's All Ireland final. Your right though in that the North Antrim teams wanting a return to Sunday matches, senior & senior reserves.

imtommygunn

What kind of team had Cushendall out?

Were they missing many?

Any new young boys to watch out for? That brick fella on the senior team yet?

Ruairi Og exile

Not bad,but were missing Odhran Scullion, Kevin Elliott, Neil McManus, Declan McKillop, Shane McNaughton & Eunan McKillop..6 players who started the county final

Brick wasnt playing, at county minor training

Baile an tuaigh

Must say it is encouraging to see Ballycastle claw their way back to  competitiveness, in  Antrim Hurling. Would love to see a new name on the volunteer cup this year. Cushendall and Dunloy have been so dominant for the last fifteen years that it is almost "unhealthy"  for the local game.  I have a feeling that the Antrim Championship this year could spring a few surprises. Lets hope the rest of the clubs can step up and make life difficult for Dunloy and Cushendall. Albeit easier said than done.

Guillem2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 29, 2007, 01:11:29 AM
Must say it is encouraging to see Ballycastle claw their way back to  competitiveness, in  Antrim Hurling. Would love to see a new name on the volunteer cup this year. Cushendall and Dunloy have been so dominant for the last fifteen years that it is almost "unhealthy"  for the local game.  I have a feeling that the Antrim Championship this year could spring a few surprises. Lets hope the rest of the clubs can step up and make life difficult for Dunloy and Cushendall. Albeit easier said than done.

Rossa did 3 years ago but they won't this year. Loughgiel haven't the balls and Ballycastle won't be ready for a another couple of years. It has to be Cushendall again to make it 3 in a row.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

North Antrim

I dont think the Dall will win it this year. I will tell you the my reasons:

1. Firstly one of the main ingrediants to winning is hunger, and after winning the last 2 and last years long campaign i think that when the hips are down cdall wont have the same real hunger.

2. You need good management and i think cdall have lost one and noot gained a good win

3. I feel Dunloy or Shamrocks will win it this year with some of the lesser knowns i.e St Johns, Galls, BCastle causing an odd shock.

4. I honestly believe that if the shamsrocks dont win it this year they wil never win it...and with them having few county players this year and all the critics they will sneak home in early October :-[

Guillem2

Hurling fixtures.

Antrim Division 1 Hurling

Lamh Dhearg v St. Galls @ Lamh Dhearg 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Tommy McIntyre 
Glenariff v St. Johns @ Glenariff 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: John McHenry 
Sarsfields v Portaferry @ Sarfields 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Gerard Robinson 
Glenariff v Portaferry @ Glenariff 06/05/2007 15:00 Ref: Owen Elliott ReFix May
Ballygalget v Ballycastle @  Ballygalget 06/05/2007 15:00 Ref: Hugh Torney 
Ballycran v Dunloy @ Ballycran 06/05/2007 15:00 Ref: Ray Matthews 
Loughgiel Shamrocks v Cushendall @  Loughgiel 06/05/2007 15:00 Ref: Garrett Duffy 

Antrim Division 1 Reserve Hurling

Ballygalget v Ballycastle @ Ballygalget 06/05/2007 13:30 Ref:  Damian Caughey 
Ballycran v Dunloy @ Ballycran 06/05/2007 13:30 Ref:  Liam Quinn 
Loughgiel Shamrocks v Cushendall  @ Loughgiel 06/05/2007 13:30 Ref: John Mc Veigh 

Antrim Division 2 Hurling

Glenravel v Shane O Neills @ Glenravel 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Colm Cunning 
Carey Faughs v St. Pauls @ Carey Faughs 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Francis Traynor 
Gaeil Chluana v Armoy @ Ahoghill 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Eugene McHugh 
Rasharkin v Tir na Nog @  Rasharkin 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Ray Matthews 

Antrim Division 3 Hurling

St. Agnes v Creggan Gaels @ St. Agnes 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Paul McIlhatton 
Ballymena v  St. Teresas @ Ballymena 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Liam McAuley 
Cloughmills  v St. Endas @ Cloughmills 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Owen Elliott 
Sarsfields 2 v O Mitchel Og @ Woodlands 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Sean Murray 
Ardoyne v Larne @ Mallusk 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref:  Danny O Neill 
St. Pauls 2 v  Na fuiseoig @  St. Pauls 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Brendan Mc Sparran 
Bredagh v Davitts @ Cherryvale 02/05/2007 19:15 Ref: Terence Wells

johnneycool

Ballycastle    2-6   3-7   Loughgiel Shamrocks    Ballycastle   
Portaferry    1-11   0-13   Ballycran    Portaferry   
Cushendall    3-11   2-14   Ballygalget    Cushendall

Yesterdays results from the Antrim GAA website which is refreshingly up to date. Well done to those involved.

On another note was the no other senior fixtures because most of the other clubs would of been playing football?

theskull1

Played glenariff yesterday in Dunloy 3-20 to 2-9. Won easy enough in the end but made it more difficult for ourselves than it should have been, but in fairness Johnny Tosh is a great target man and he kept the game alive for them. Would love to know what the Glenariff players & mentors think their tactics are going to get them this year? Some brutal challenges made yesterday by them all over the field. Always on the lookout for the dirty slap instead of the ball. Could any glenariff contributors on here (not sure if I know of any :-\) defend how youse went about it yesterday?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Truth

Quote from: theskull1 on April 30, 2007, 10:02:58 AM
Played glenariff yesterday in Dunloy 3-20 to 2-9. Won easy enough in the end but made it more difficult for ourselves than it should have been, but in fairness Johnny Tosh is a great target man and he kept the game alive for them. Would love to know what the Glenariff players & mentors think their tactics are going to get them this year? Some brutal challenges made yesterday by them all over the field. Always on the lookout for the dirty slap instead of the ball. Could any glenariff contributors on here (not sure if I know of any :-\) defend how youse went about it yesterday?

Skull i think you are exaggerating a bit. There was one very bad challenge from Connor McAllister on Shorty i think that should have been a straight red. Seamy Docs 2 yellows were stupid and you could see the 2nd yellow coming a mile away when he got his first. But to say it was like that the whole game is pushing it a bit, i was talking to some of our fellas after the match and they said the Dunloy boys were giving it out but were yapping when they got it back. But in fairness Dunloy looked sharp and could be hard to beat this year. I think the refs lack of control over the game did not help matters either.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Ruairi Og exile

Well Cushendall out of jail again yesterday with a last minute goal from Brian Delargy to draw level..an really great goal too, dont think you'll see a better goal all year. Magic Johnston had put Ballygalget ahead just previously with a goal.Magic was on top form all day yesterday, very hard to work with.With us coming back to scrape draws twice in four days to get a draw..maybe the hunger is ok?? But we'll wait til September/October time to find that out??

Johnny Cool..ur a galgets man, were you at the matches yesterday??

theskull1

Keep your head in the sand why don't you Truth. Your lads do not know the difference between hard hurling and dirty hurling and with the mentors on the line encouraging it then its easy to see why youse know no different. I don't think Dunloy are the only team to have seen this behaviour this year? Are youse not becoming a bit of a common denominator and the season has only started. Feel free to ignore everything I said 

I agree with your comment about the ref btw.

Just so I'm not exaggerating I'll change "Always on the lookout.... " with "Too often on the lookout for the dirty slap" from my previous post. Apart from that I think I'm on the money. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Were there Div 1 Reserve matches played yesterday?

johnneycool

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on April 30, 2007, 11:36:27 AM
Well Cushendall out of jail again yesterday with a last minute goal from Brian Delargy to draw level..an really great goal too, dont think you'll see a better goal all year. Magic Johnston had put Ballygalget ahead just previously with a goal.Magic was on top form all day yesterday, very hard to work with.With us coming back to scrape draws twice in four days to get a draw..maybe the hunger is ok?? But we'll wait til September/October time to find that out??

Johnny Cool..ur a galgets man, were you at the matches yesterday??

Nah, didn't make it up Ruairi Og. Was talking to one of the selectors later that evening and he felt a draw was about right although the goal at the end could and should of been stopped. Considering there's been a good few changes made to our team this year especially in key area's I'd of thought we'd be happy enough with the performance although you obviously always go out to win no matter what.