Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on May 28, 2017, 03:21:28 PM
Only consolation from today is that Tyrone don't seem to be at the level of a Donegal or a Monaghan this year!

Every cloud . . .

What has happened in 20 odd years? Derry used to be our biggest rivals and the championship matches in the 90s where full of passion and quite often down right hatred.  Now we have Tyrone fans grumbling about only an 11 point victory and the Derry supporters are just glad that the team that beat them by 11 points aren't as good as two other teams in Ulster. I almost feel sorry for them and sometimes miss the white heat of the rivalry which looks like it's gone forever.
That was never a square ball!!

Jeremiah O

Loads to work on from a Tyrone perspective.Donegal will be content enough I would say,but that's for another day.But another hammering of them in their own backyard has me smiling this evening.7 defeats for Barton against Tyrone now!
Unconquered and unconquerable

Fuzzman

So much for a possible more attack minded set up for Tyrone.
Playing against such a poor team yet we bring 14 men back into our own half.
Yes it works, yes it makes it hard for the other team to break down and yes we scored 22 times with 11 different scorers but it looks to me it's just more of the same from last year with nothing new or adventurous.
I didn't watch BBC but did Harte do an interview afterwards?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 28, 2017, 05:30:32 PM
What was Mattie reacting to?
I thought him and Sludden were both very quiet today.

Kevin Cassidy on RTE commentary seemed very pleased that Tyrone looked so poor and seemed confident of beating them next day out.
Brolly will disgusted with the standard of football and will be happy to be following Antrim's minors from now on.

How did Canavan Jnr play in the minor game.

He was having a bit of a tussle with McKaigue, not much in it but Donnelly struck out. He reacts far too easily and other teams will be taking note of this.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 28, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
Yes it works, yes it makes it hard for the other team to break down and yes we scored 22 times with 11 different scorers but it looks to me it's just more of the same from last year with nothing new or adventurous.

Ya was disappointing alright, found it odd that Bradley made way for McCurry, thought Harte would have at least put the two of them in there given the way the game was going. I hope both start the next game out.

I don't think Petey should be on frees either, McCurry and Brennan would be better free takers from the right for me, even if they're unreliable/unproven either. Harte missed a few really simple ones today.

BennyHarp

Did you not notice the new tactic? Keep it tight with big Sean battering them for 50 mins, then throw on the young guns McCurry, Mulgrew and Brennan to get the scores. 7 points between them today I believe! 😜
That was never a square ball!!

twohands!!!

I think the key stat was at half-time Tyrone had 3 points from play.
Combine that with the complete and utter lack of any sort of goal threat against a defence that looked like they'd never played together before and it's hard to see Tyrone going much further than last year.

seafoid

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 28, 2017, 07:01:51 PM

I think the key stat was at half-time Tyrone had 3 points from play.
Combine that with the complete and utter lack of any sort of goal threat against a defence that looked like they'd never played together before and it's hard to see Tyrone going much further than last year.
Tyrone have problems scoring goals which will matter deeper into the summer
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mcklatchee

If Donnelly plays against Donegal then its official- GAA is incapable of enforcing its own rules.

We already know that we are incapable of punishing guilt (note the Fitzpatrick debacle)
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

Wildweasel74

what Donnelly done was so silly as Tyrone were well in control, but Mckeigue was holding him well and he got frustrated, the lineman was straight beside it and i cant understand how he didn't see it when all down that side did.

I be worried about Tyrone against Donegal, that's probably the worst Derry team i have seen,due to many reasons but to be down to only 3 points in it t one stage with the dominance Tyrone had has got to be highly worrying from their perspective.

trueblue1234

Really? They won by double scores. I don't think Tyrone would be overly worried. Helps to keep the hype down and plenty of room to improve. Derry were that poor today it was like a training match. Even when it got close you could see Tyrone had gears to move up.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

I think True blue you don't realise how bad Derry actually are at present

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rois

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 28, 2017, 07:57:14 PM

I be worried about Tyrone against Donegal, that's probably the worst Derry team i have seen,due to many reasons but to be down to only 3 points in it t one stage with the dominance Tyrone had has got to be highly worrying from their perspective.
I don't think it's highly worrying either - every team has a purple patch (and the opposite) and I'm happier that Tyrone came back from that and extended their lead.
Plenty more to be worried about than that.

Fuzzman

Seafoid, Tyrone didn't score many goals in 2003 either but put up high points totals.
I think when they see teams with loads of bodies back defending their D then they are happy to lay the ball back to shoot for a point rather than risk losing it going for a goal.

It's hard to know where to play Mattie? I think a forward needs to have pace and be quick of thought as well. I think Mattie depends too much on brute strength to beat his man.
CHB is probably his best position.