Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 18, 2017, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 18, 2017, 01:24:15 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2017, 12:49:13 PM
Not a mission Tyrone will have 12k supporters at this. Only 5k at some of our home league games. Interest just not there unfortunately.

You've a choice of heading to the Ulster American Folk Park for the 8th time this year or to the big smoke, you hooers will travel in numbers, we won't have too many unfortunately

Derry referred to as the big smoke. Good lord!!  :-X :-X :-X

Big smoke of the north-west, aside from Artigarvan

winghalfun

Will it be easy enough to get tickets for the game now?  I see they are sold out online.

Redhand Santa

I'd say that's only temporary and more will come up. There was around 12k at it last year and given Derry seem to have went even further back roads and Tyrone stuttered in the league hard to see too many more this time around.

tyroneman

Quote from: winghalfun on May 18, 2017, 04:43:39 PM
Will it be easy enough to get tickets for the game now?  I see they are sold out online.

On sale at the minute online......

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on May 18, 2017, 01:48:10 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2017, 12:49:13 PM
Not a mission Tyrone will have 12k supporters at this. Only 5k at some of our home league games. Interest just not there unfortunately.

This clowns never been at a tyrone game in his life
youl certainly be there cheerin on mickey. make sure u get tickets in the front row so he can hear u cheer him on.

quit yo jibbajabba

See yer man what was in the films is out. Tweaked the banjo string.

Sorry. Hamstring. Twas the hamstring.

Derry by 8

Hotrocks

Be the first time in about 5 years that i won't be attending.  Can't put myself through the crap that was played last year and this year in league.  The cubs aren't even interested going they are happy enough to watch on the telly.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 04:56:54 PM
Be the first time in about 5 years that i won't be attending.  Can't put myself through the crap that was played last year and this year in league.  The cubs aren't even interested going they are happy enough to watch on the telly.

Is that Tyrone or Derry you are referring to?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Tyrone.

I've said this before but Tyrone fans were spoiled by our best team ever and now many have crazy expectations. Last year Tyrone scored 1 17 in the league final, 3 14 in the Ulster first round, 17 points in Ulster semi and 5 18 in the Ulster replay. Not exactly scores that suggest all out defence. Most counties in Ulster including our big rivals from the 2000s Armagh would cry out for an Ulster title. We've struggled against the very top teams but we struggled against them for a hundred years. Even struggling we should have beat Mayo.

There was 2 very poor games in the league towards the end this year and performances below the level you would expect. But I never get too carried away by league games either way. Given how hard it is to get out of Ulster you'd like to think training was geared towards being fit later in the year.

The genuine Tyrone fans will be there next week who will support the team whether they're going well or not. And I suspect they're going a good bit better than some people believe.

Redhand Santa

It's also interesting to look back in the 90s in the pre harte era. You soon remember that with all the 15 on 15 football and great attacking football it didn't always reflect it on the scoreboard for Tyrone.

1990 lost first round scoring 11 points
91 lost first round scoring 1 7
92 lost first round scoring 1 8
93 lost first round scoring 1 10
97 lost ulster semi scoring 2 3
98 lost first round scoring 2 7

ONeill

Derry are due an ambush. Was 2006 the last time?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Yeah 06 must have been there last championship victory. You'd have to imagine next week will be a lot tougher than last year. Derry actually hit some great scores in the first half but the goals were killer blows. Without them this year if Derry got on a run at home could cause plenty of problems.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Tyrone.

I've said this before but Tyrone fans were spoiled by our best team ever and now many have crazy expectations. Last year Tyrone scored 1 17 in the league final, 3 14 in the Ulster first round, 17 points in Ulster semi and 5 18 in the Ulster replay. Not exactly scores that suggest all out defence. Most counties in Ulster including our big rivals from the 2000s Armagh would cry out for an Ulster title. We've struggled against the very top teams but we struggled against them for a hundred years. Even struggling we should have beat Mayo.

There was 2 very poor games in the league towards the end this year and performances below the level you would expect. But I never get too carried away by league games either way. Given how hard it is to get out of Ulster you'd like to think training was geared towards being fit later in the year.

The genuine Tyrone fans will be there next week who will support the team whether they're going well or not. And I suspect they're going a good bit better than some people believe.

So what qualifies now as Genuine fan? Don't make me laugh.
Ive been going to Tyrone games for over 35 years and the football played now is tripe.  Never has it been as hard to watch.

southtyronegael

redhandsanta your not a tyrone supporter, your a mickey harte supporter. the quicker yous boys piss off and give the game back to the real supporters the better.